X Factor 2011

_NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
Forum Member
✭✭
How do you think it will do? do you think it will loose viewers, as im not sure I'll I'll be watching after the shambles of this year!

Comments

• neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that it will still get the viewers. I see it as a bit of a farce but then we Brits like a bit of farce ;)

I could see the voting revenue taking a wee bit of a dive. Whether it would be enough to cause a rethink I don't know.
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'll be watching, but i'm not going to allow myself to be as involved as this year, it's not good for my health :p
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they should get rid of the bottom 2 and stop wrong person being saved each week i.e Katie. I'd be more likely to watch if that happened
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    I think they should get rid of the bottom 2 and stop wrong person being saved each week i.e Katie. I'd be more likely to watch if that happened

Only in some cases though; Treyc would have left to John and that would have been shocking after the two bottom two performances AND the two on the actual show. :|

Results Show:-

-Reveal the Bottom Two.
    -Bottom Two Sing.
    -Votes are reset for the Bottom Two.
    -Voting Open for the Bottom Two Acts.
    -Let the Public Vote who they would like to keep in.
    -Fill the rest of the show with crap as they do.
    -Close the Voting.
    -Reveal who's going home.

^^

It would bring more money for the show and would probably get more people watching the results show. Why not? :(
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »
    Only in some cases though; Treyc would have left to John and that would have been shocking after the two bottom two performances AND the two on the actual show. :|

-Reveal the Bottom Two.
    -Bottom Two Sing.
    -Close the Voting.

^^

It would bring more money for the show and would probably get more people watching the results show. Why not? :(
    Yeah that's probably a better idea actually
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »

-Reveal the Bottom Two.
    -Bottom Two Sing.
    -Close the Voting.

^^

It sounds like a good idea and it is the fairest way but they would loose way too much money. The final hour in the results show, the public are voting for all the contestants and it's usually when they bring in the most money. They wouldn't want to loose that, just for people to vote for the two least popular contestants. If two boring contestants are in the bottom two, there is no way they are going to bring in more survival votes, then would be brought in by the public voting for all the other contestants. It would only be their diehard fans who vote, cutting out a lot of potential revenue for Simon/ITV.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Hopefully they'll let more people through to the live shows who haven't been on TV before, or who hasn't had a record deal, or won a MOBO, or been in a band for 17 years etc.

It would be nice to see an act who applied and got all the way. (I heard lots of people get invited.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the ideas above.. And people would maybe say its taking away from the judges etc but it isn't, they're job is to mentor the acts and give an opinion on the performance. I'm only bothering to say this because I was one of the people who thought it would take away from them and changed my mind :D