Options

Favourite Series?

_NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
Forum Member
✭✭
What is your favourite series of apprentice for both buisness skills and entertainment value?
Mine would be between series 6 and series 3 :)

Comments

• Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    Series 2 or 3
  • Options
    sveknusveknu Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    1.Series 4
    2.Series 1
    3.Series 2
    4.Series 3
    5.Series 5

I loved the first four, but series 5 was just boring. Haven't watched series 6 yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    Baggs almost made it series 6 for me.

But series 2 was the best, to this day im still raging Badger didnt win.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit hazy on series 1 and 2.

Would probably pick series 3 as my fave though.
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    I always love the shopping channel task which seems to be alternate series. My all time fave is Simon Ambrose and the trampoline, although cheese selling in that same series was very funny too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fav

series 1
    series 2
    series 4
    series 3
    series 6
    series 5

least
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who finds it really difficult to differentiate between the different series? I mean, when the next one comes around I've totally forgotten about the previous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 5, sorry to buck the trend :) Last of the TA Classic methinks.

After that 2, though 1 comes soo close.

S3 & 4 were edited and candidates chosen to make them too much a bear pit. Some like that, I don't. I'm looking for the business thinking angle. S6 was a waste of time in that regard. Thank you editors! Mark Saben you're a 24 carat sh!t.

Mokseal's blog does colour my thinking somewhat.
  • Options
    Reggie RebelReggie Rebel Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series one was the best for me. I think the candidates were far better; Sara, James and Miriam were far better candidates than Michelle, Simon and Lee who all won
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    series 4 and 6 were my favourite, I think 4 just edged it ever so slightly with the great finale of four.
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    Series 1 was the original and will always remain the best for me. Even the "nasty" people weren't as vicious as some of those we've seen in subsequent series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was one of the few who really enjoyed Series 5. It felt like a breath of fresh air after Series 4, which was just too obnoxious and difficult to watch at times. Series 3 was awesome aswell
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 and 5
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    S3 would probably be my favourite.

S2 comes a pretty close second in terms of classic entertainment - the bulk of which was provided by Syed. :)

S5 is also a close second in terms of candidate calibre.

Never saw all of S1, so I can't really give an opinion on that.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1, 2 and 3 are my favourite series, but cannot put them in any definative order.

The last series for me, was by far the worst for the staged bitchyness, and the hysterical playing to camera, and I really, REALLY, hope the next series will be an improvement.
  • Options
    ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two. Thoroughly entertaining, it was the one that blasted the show into the mainstream and so following this series, the BBC moved it from BBC2 to BBC1.
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    S5 followed by S2.

Last series was very average (not helped by the unfair firing of Liz).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not caught 2 and 1 yet (working backwards), but, probably...

Series 5
    Series 6
    Series 4
    Junior Apprentice
    Series 3

Series 5 was the first I saw - tuned into Ep 1 on a whim when bored, waiting for something-or-other to turn up on iPlayer, and liked it so much I watched Ep 2 on broadcast - so that's probably why I'm more fond of it than the others.

Series 4 and 3 are the only two I didn't catch on broadcast, actually, and while I liked both of 'em, 3 was a little duller than the others, whereas 4 didn't really have many talented candidates. Seemed like a collection of villains. Even by the final, Helene did nothing all series, whereas Alex and Claire were a sort of two-headed monster. Glimmers of competence, but Alex mainly sat around complaining. Lots of fun to watch, but watching people I like doing well is more satisfying than watching the fools rush in.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really, really difficult to choose. The only series I didn't like was the fourth series.

I think it would have to be a tie between Series 1 and Series 3.
  • Options
    Leatherface!!!Leatherface!!! Posts: 4,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never seen series 1

All have been good seasons, I cant pick my favourite
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant remember what series but loved the series with Ruth and Michelle, also like the one with Yasmina and Kate but my favourite was the one with Katie Hopkins- best Apprentice contestant ever!
  • Options
    BunnyfooBunnyfoo Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6 was my favourite so far, i found it the most entertaining of all the series so far... Plus Chris was great eye candy :D:D

The series Raef was in (cant remember :o) was good. He was hilarious to watch!
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow I made this about 5 months ago and there's been some comments quite recently :D
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Definitely series 4! :D

My favourite was Alex Wotherspoon...not just because he was so delicious, but I loved his game-playing! The series was full of characters..Claire, Lee, Michael Sophocles, the two bitchy Jennifers, Lucinda and, best of all - Raef!
    The final four of this series (Lee, Alex, Claire, Helene) were simply brilliant - I honestly didn't mind anyone winning.