Jean & Ronnie scenes last night

EastiesRules!EastiesRules! Posts: 117
Forum Member
Do you think this might have been foreshadowing for when Ronnie is found out and Jean befriends her? It seemed rather random otherwise.

Comments

• Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Random really?

Ronnie was looking after the mother of her father's killer an ironic twist surley? Plus add to the fact that Jean is open about her ill health and even went as far as to ask for help while Ronnie is clearly mentally ill but is unable to face up to it, hasn't quite faced up to it yet.

Beautiful story telling as far as I was concerned.
  • merlinsmummerlinsmum Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like it when soap writers do this. Putting together scenes with characters who the public wouldn't normally recognise as having a link, throws up new angles.
    In hindsight it would obviously be easier for Jean to open up more to Ronnie as she is not family, yet Ronnie is connected by the death of her father, and the fact that she too had been violated by him. So she would understand how Stacey had felt. Plus having lost her own daughter, she also has some understanding of how lost Jean feels.
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it
    Ronnie has a bond iwth kat and Jean is part of Kats family
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the Jean and Ronnie scenes. :)
    And in a way, well quite a few ways, they are or were family. Jean's son married Ronnie's sister. Jean's daughter married Ronnie's husband's nephew. Jean's daughter also has a baby with Ronnie's aunt/ex-stepmother's ex-stepdaughter's husband. Gotta love the EastEnders family tree. :p
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ea91 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the Jean and Ronnie scenes. :)
    And in a way, well quite a few ways, they are or were family. Jean's son married Ronnie's sister. Jean's daughter married Ronnie's husband's nephew. Jean's daughter also has a baby with Ronnie's aunt/ex-stepmother's ex-stepdaughter's husband. Gotta love the EastEnders family tree. :p

When you work it all out like that there are quite a lot of links between Ronnie and Jean, I do think that there is a reason for this seemingly random pairing, especially now we know that Jean is returning at some point
  • LaurawhittzLaurawhittz Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i really liked those scenes yhought they were very sweet and i also thought the fact that jean predicted that ronniies baby would be born soon quite sweet but sad all the same (because of the new year syoryline) and although stacey hasnt died jean was feeling a big sense of loss and as ronnie has been there she was able to support her.

thought they were lovely scenes :)
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked there scenes, I think they're both great actresses and I'd actually quite like it if Jean befriends her after baby swap