Options

Recent songs that'll be used this year

Comments

• Options
    rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars is bound to be used! Probably Beneath Your Beautiful as well.

Basically, the songs that radio have absolutely hammered! :p

"Beneath Your Beautiful" is almost guaranteed for a Rumba. I can see "Clown" by Emeli Sande popping up as well.

"Bang Bang" by Will.i.am will be used for a Charleston either this year or next year. Especially with Will's BBC connections through The Voice.

Topaz - I like your idea for Julien McDonald. I have a feeling if he's there he'll get "Vogue" at some point.

I'm quite rubbish at working out what dances songs would work for to be honest - I'd love them to use "Only Teardrops" by Emilie de Forrest (the track that won Eurovision this year) though not quite sure what for! Same with "Let Her Go" by Passenger and "Rhythm of Love" by Plain White Ts (they're just such pretty songs... I'm sure they'd work for *something*.....)
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rachymac wrote: »
    "Beneath Your Beautiful" is almost guaranteed for a Rumba. I can see "Clown" by Emeli Sande popping up as well.

"Bang Bang" by Will.i.am will be used for a Charleston either this year or next year. Especially with Will's BBC connections through The Voice.

Topaz - I like your idea for Julien McDonald. I have a feeling if he's there he'll get "Vogue" at some point.

I'm quite rubbish at working out what dances songs would work for to be honest - I'd love them to use "Only Teardrops" by Emilie de Forrest (the track that won Eurovision this year) though not quite sure what for! Same with "Let Her Go" by Passenger and "Rhythm of Love" by Plain White Ts (they're just such pretty songs... I'm sure they'd work for *something*.....)

I agree, I think they could use that for a cha cha - they used the track for 'fashion guru' Carson Kressley when he did a special group performance on DWTS a few years back.

I like the the track 'Let her go' by Passenger so I hope it's used - I think someone suggested it for a VW earlier on in the thread.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I never made the link between Julien and Carsson but now I think they could be dead similar.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina Perri - "1000 Years" from the Twilight movies. I heard it endlessly for several weeks in about April of this year. It makes a good, albeit slightly slow, viennese waltz. If they insist on doing the Halloween theme night then I can see it popping up.
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Christina Perri - "1000 Years" from the Twilight movies. I heard it endlessly for several weeks in about April of this year. It makes a good, albeit slightly slow, viennese waltz. If they insist on doing the Halloween theme night then I can see it popping up.

This was what Kimberley & Pasha danced their VW to last series.
  • Options
    MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member

Viennese Waltz
    Let Her Go (Passenger)

Quickstep
    Little Talks (Of Monsters & Men)

Paso Doble
    Pompeii (Bastille)

Ohhh I would LOVE for all of these to happen.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clown by Emelie Sande

Dont know what for tho!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    This was what Kimberley & Pasha danced their VW to last series.

:o I have such a bad memory for what has been used. I think it is because I hear so much dancing music each week anyway that when I notice something on the radio and think "oooh that would be an X" I don't associate it with something I've already seen.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I can see Blurred Lines being used this serie. For what ? Maybe a chacha or a samba (strangest things have happened on strictly).
  • Options
    Liam1999Liam1999 Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bang Bang - will.i.am for a charleston definitely!
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agnetha - Dance your pain away - cha cha
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    " Tangled Up " by Caro Emerald will surely be chosen for an Argentine Tango.

Even better if she appears.

There is bound to be an Emeli Sande song somewhere.

A reality show wouldn't be correct without one.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Heard it on the radio earlier, and it struck me how good I Need by Maverick Sabre would be for a Rumba
  • Options
    KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ever since I first heard it I thougth 'Te Amo' by Rihanna would make a great Rhumba track - maybe this year someone else will.............
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Saturdays - What About Us I could see being used.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    The new song by Shane from Westlife sounds like it'd be a Foxtrot/American Smooth-ish dance.
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This isn't a recent song but if Sophie-Ellis Bextor is in the lineup, what are the chances of Murder on the Dance Floor being used?
  • Options
    KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    This isn't a recent song but if Sophie-Ellis Bextor is in the lineup, what are the chances of Murder on the Dance Floor being used?

It would be quite funny if they used that for the pro/celeb group number in the launch show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what it is called or who it is by but there is a really annoying song with the chorus lyrics "we're up all night to get stoned, we're up all night to get lucky" that I suppose will be used for a cha cha cha. I wouldn't have considered it for anything until it was used in my dance class the other night as a CCC (to my disappointment as it is a song I hate with a passion!).
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what it is called or who it is by but there is a really annoying song with the chorus lyrics "we're up all night to get stoned, we're up all night to get lucky" that I suppose will be used for a cha cha cha. I wouldn't have considered it for anything until it was used in my dance class the other night as a CCC (to my disappointment as it is a song I hate with a passion!).

"Get Lucky" by Daft Punk - I'd be astonished if it didn't turn up in week 1 given how much I've heard it this year.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    Agnetha - Dance your pain away - cha cha

Yeah, that would work, great song too!
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member

Watch the Stephen Colbert version, which is really hilarious :D
  • Options
    Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see more of my genre being used though I know I'm living in dreamland but I'm very much a rock/metal girl and there are plenty of songs I'd love to see used -

Paramore "The Only Exception" - Vienese Waltz

Muse "Starlight" - Foxtrot/ American Smooth

Queen "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" - Jive (don't think this has been used and I'm realy surprised!!!)

Queen "Seaside Rendezvous" - Charleston

Green Day "Kill The DJ" - Paso Doble

Good Charlotte "Hold On" - Waltz

Absolutely and dance to Paramore's "still into you" I'm not sure what dance you can do to it but its my song of the decade I can't stop listening to it :-S

Not metal but if anyone watches the tv show "Smash" there's a song from series 2 performed by Leslie Odom Jnr called "(Let's Start) Tomorrow Tonight" which would make an amazing Foxtrot or American Smooth. Plus it's an amazing song. Impossible not to smile and sing and dance along to.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jHbGJKe6kMA Enjoy!!
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see more of my genre being used though I know I'm living in dreamland but I'm very much a rock/metal girl and there are plenty of songs I'd love to see used -

Paramore "The Only Exception" - Vienese Waltz

Muse "Starlight" - Foxtrot/ American Smooth

Queen "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" - Jive (don't think this has been used and I'm realy surprised!!!)

Queen "Seaside Rendezvous" - Charleston

Green Day "Kill The DJ" - Paso Doble

Good Charlotte "Hold On" - Waltz

Absolutely and dance to Paramore's "still into you" I'm not sure what dance you can do to it but its my song of the decade I can't stop listening to it :-S

Not metal but if anyone watches the tv show "Smash" there's a song from series 2 performed by Leslie Odom Jnr called "(Let's Start) Tomorrow Tonight" which would make an amazing Foxtrot or American Smooth. Plus it's an amazing song. Impossible not to smile and sing and dance along to.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jHbGJKe6kMA Enjoy!!

What a brilliant song and yeah that would be a FAB Foxtrot or American Smooth. Love it :)
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to James and Vanessa dancing to 'blurred lines'. Will she twerk?