Options

Dog with bone - weird!

PenelopePopcornPenelopePopcorn Posts: 306
Forum Member
I've given my dog a bone with some meat on to chew on and she's acting in a very weird way. She's running around the house and garden with the bone in her mouth as if she's looking for something and she seems a bit distressed. This has happened before. I give her a bone and she runs around with it in her mouth as if she's looking for something. Any ideas about what she wants?

Comments

• Options
    AbsolutelyAbsolutely Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is probably excited and happy and might look where she can bury the bone to have later.

What kind of bone is it?

My dogs get bones to eat at a regular basis. (I feed raw)
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dog does this with his chews. He's generally just really excited or is looking for a suitable hiding place.
  • Options
    Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
    Forum Member
    Yeah, probably excited and looking for somewhere to hide it.

My dog has specific regular hidey-holes for toys/bones etc. all over the house and garden.
  • Options
    PenelopePopcornPenelopePopcorn Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Thanks - she must have hidden it now because I can't find it!!
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,576
    Forum Member
    I've given my dog a bone with some meat on to chew on and she's acting in a very weird way. She's running around the house and garden with the bone in her mouth as if she's looking for something and she seems a bit distressed. This has happened before. I give her a bone and she runs around with it in her mouth as if she's looking for something. Any ideas about what she wants?

To bury it I would say. It's 2nd nature to them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks - she must have hidden it now because I can't find it!!

My dog buries it in my bloody wardrobe - so I have to wash everything when I find. Love him too much too be annoyed.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    My dog does this with his chews. He's generally just really excited or is looking for a suitable hiding place.

One of mine does this too, he paces up and down glaring at me and his brother in case we dare take it off him...his brother is too damn busy get stuck into his own chew to care!
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Betty used to do this with any sort of chew or bone, she'd hide them in a wash pile. So cute watching her nudge the clothes with her nose to cover it!