Options

2015 celebrities - Who do we think?

Comments

• Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    No chance of Ed Sheeran - best selling album of the year and has pretty much sold out 3 nights at Wembley Stadium for next summer, he's pretty much the biggest star in UK music now apart from Adele so I can't see him doing any shows like this. Ellie Goulding is far too popular as well, her popularity would have to seriously crash for her to do Strictly - can't see that happening for a good few years, if ever.

Music-wise, Katie Melua was a pretty good shout and I could certainly see someone from The Wanted or maybe Union J appearing. Lindsay Armaou from B*witched is my dream contestant but if that was going to happen I think 2014 would have been the year after the Big Reunion TV show and tour's success.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know when they start confirming the celebrities, just out of interest?
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    k0213818 wrote: »
    I suggest this every year, but Steph McGovern. She fills the BBC breakfast archetype and could also serve as the Lisa Riley-esque surprise package in that she is large and cumbersome but does have dancing pedigree through being an Irish dancer as a kid..

Having seen her Irish dancing, I can say that her Charleston swivel would put all of the pros to shame. :blush: But I'd love her too, give her to Tristan, please, TeamGloriousAccent. :D
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Linda Robson please
  • Options
    bigaltbigalt Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katharina Witt,please
  • Options
    cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    Tina Barrett or Hannah Spearmit from S Club 7
    Gramme Swann Cricketer
    Dr Brian Cox or Dr Alice Roberts TV Scientists and eye candy for each sex.
    Miranda Hart or Mel Giedroyc
    Ruth Langsford
    Nigel Havers
    Ricky Norwood Eastenders
    Edwina Currie
    Helen Flanaghan or Michelle Keegan
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    cantos wrote: »
    Edwina Currie

She's already done it. Flashed the judges, annoyed the judges, sent home in week two.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mybelle wrote: »
    I'm sure Gary Barlow mentioned he'd have liked to do it when Jason Donovan did it. It would be great to see him do it as he definitely doesn't have the moves of the rest of his band-mates.

I'd love to see Jason Orange do it too, but he wouldn't want the limelight - that would be my fantasy. He's done break-dancing, but not trained in anything else dance-wise.

isn't Sir Gary, Lord Frodsham or whatever he would like to be, above that now :D

(He became Celebrity Litter Tray Liner of the Week recently as his tax avoidance really got up my nose)
  • Options
    cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    She's already done it. Flashed the judges, annoyed the judges, sent home in week two.

Oh yes the horror is coming back to me now.

I must have put the memory to the back of my brain, but it has now been released to come back and haunt me like Ebenezer Scrooges final vision
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Oh yes the horror is coming back to me now.

I must have put the memory to the back of my brain, but it has now been released to come back and haunt me like Ebenezer Scrooges final vision

There's nothing more Christmassy than the haunting sight of Edwina Currie.
  • Options
    mammacassimammacassi Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    Having seen her Irish dancing, I can say that her Charleston swivel would put all of the pros to shame. :blush: But I'd love her too, give her to Tristan, please, TeamGloriousAccent. :D

They would be fantastic together, Steph comes across really well in the mornings, think they would enjoy themselves.
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They really could have saved one of Caroline/Frankie/Pixie for next year.I can't see them getting as big names next year as they had this year.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freddie flintoff I say he made a joke about wanting to go to strictly on 8 out of 10 cats last night
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tina Barrett or Hannah Spearmit from S Club 7
    Gramme Swann Cricketer
    Dr Brian Cox or Dr Alice Roberts TV Scientists and eye candy for each sex.
    Miranda Hart or Mel Giedroyc
    Ruth Langsford
    Nigel Havers
    Ricky Norwood Eastenders
    Edwina Currie
    Helen Flanaghan or Michelle Keegan

Helen Flanaghan pregnant - think Michelle will do Im A Celeb, but there is a corrie star leaving next year
  • Options
    Jorf68Jorf68 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    How about jack Donnelley the lead in Atlantis
    Or Clive standen who was also In the programme?
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about the Pineapple Dance studios celebs like Louis Spence or Andrew Stone?

Oh please not Louis. Can't stand him.
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    ~ Random Names That Would Make Me Happy, Regardless Of Likelihood ~

- Jack Whitehall, Comedian, 26

- Una Stubbs, Actress, 77

- Derek Thompson, Actor, 66

- Imogen Poots, Actress, 25

- Eddie Redmayne, Actor and Model, 32

- Liz Bonnin, Television Presenter, 38

- Tom Aikens, Chef, 44

- Leigh-Ann Pinnock, Little Mix Singer, 23

- Chris Mears, Diver, 21

- Lorna Laidlaw, Actress, 51

- Tim Rice-Oxley, Keane Musician (not a pun), 38

- Steph McGovern, Business Journalist, 32

- Greg Rutherford, Olympic Athlete, 28

- Janet Ellis, Television Presenter and Actress, 59

- Lembit Opik, Former Politician, 49
  • Options
    RichwoodRichwood Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strictly works best when there are roughly four very good dancers, six decent ones and four duds who provide amusement and don't overstay their welcome.

This years’ show worked quite well but just hope next year’s crop aren’t as C-list

It’s easy to think of women you want to see on the show because with some notable exceptions they are better at dancing (and singing) than men although some bad male dancers are good are good at making a t*t of themselves to get laughs

Some men that might work would be :

Singer Lee John (57) Graceful mover when lead singer of Imagination
    Singer Jake Shears (36) (Scissors Sisters), good mover, likely winner
    Weather person Tomas Schafernaker (35)
    Cricketer Graeme Swann (35)
    Footballer Fabrice Muamba (26) Pretty good on Xmas Strictly a while ago but could his heart stand a whole series ?
    TV Doctor Christian Jessen (37) probably good at ballroom, but Latin ?
    Don’t watch Soaps but I guess there has to be someone from EE, Hollyoaks, Corrie, Emmerdale etc.

Women

Weather Person.Laura Tobin (33) some dance training, ballet and modern dance from 5 - 15 has done a charity dance competition in Northampton could be seen as a ringer. Although they could fill the weather person spot with Lucy Verasamy 34, who doesn’t appear to have any dance training

Politician Yvette Cooper (45) politician - some dance training, has done ballet and tap, has expressed an interest in Strictly, could be a bit busy in 2015 as Home Secretary if Labour forms a coalition

Sports Person Rebecca Adlington (25) Swimmer, wants to do it but deemed unsuitable on one occasion

Actress Helen Baxendale (45) - early dance training at Elmhurest School of Dance but abandoned dance in favour of acting at 17

TV Presenter Suzi Perry (44) Indicated an interest on ITT

News Presenter Spot Like to see Kirsty Wark (59) doing it, she likes to dance but has turned it down in the past for being too populist. If her time as a serious presenter on Newsnight comes to an end she might give it a go, otherwise want to see some female news presenter on it. Emily Maitlis (44) looked promising on CIN. Also got a liking for Riz Lateef (35 - BBC London News)

Actress/Impressionist Debra Stephenson (42), there seems to be nothing she can’t do. She fills the Soap actor spot and could do impressions on ITT as well
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about Dawn French? Could see her making an appearance at some stage.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Who I'd like:

Chris Evans because I think he could do it, he hinted once on Radio 2 that he'd like to do it.

I don't think these people would do it but I'd like to see them give it a go:

Mary Berry
    Lacey Turner
    Kylie Minogue
    Michael Buble
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    some fab suggestions on here,

a million votes from me for Torvill and Dean...and every year I say

Professor Brian Cox and Gareth Malone

Alex Polizzi was a great suggestion, hadnt thought of her, but she'd be great
  • Options
    dreamer57dreamer57 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sammy Winward - she has said she would do one reality tv show next year.
    Ruth Langsford
    Dawn French
    Katie Melua or Joss Stone?
    Greg Rutherford - he made a point about how athletes don't earn that much, it could boost his profile like Louis Smith

I'd like to see Lacey Turner and Jonathan Edwards take part as well :)
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    What about the Pineapple Dance studios celebs like Louis Spence or Andrew Stone?

There is sort of a clue that they WORK at Pineapple Dance studios, so are trained dancers.

However, part of me would like to see that as I would love to see the forums explode with bile - the Internet would implode !!
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    Richwood wrote: »
    Strictly works best when there are roughly four very good dancers, six decent ones and four duds who provide amusement and don't overstay their welcome.

Politician Yvette Cooper (45) politician - some dance training, has done ballet and tap, has expressed an interest in Strictly, could be a bit busy in 2015 as Home Secretary if Labour forms a coalition

News Presenter Spot Like to see Kirsty Wark (59) doing it, she likes to dance but has turned it down in the past for being too populist. If her time as a serious presenter on Newsnight comes to an end she might give it a go, otherwise want to see some female news presenter on it. Emily Maitlis (44) looked promising on CIN. Also got a liking for Riz Lateef (35 - BBC London News)

Altogether now................ Paxo, Paxo, Paxo

Politicians are all up in the air IMHO, as we have no idea what effect UKIP will have on the voting patterns. Some big names could be out of any party so we might get some juicy contestants next year.

Yvette Cooper has a majority of over 10,000 in a former Yorkshire Mining area - so she looks pretty safe.
    But - would we really want Ed Balls glaring at everyone from the audience each week. His glazed eyes would put everyone else off.
  • Options
    Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebecca Adlington said she wanted to do it after the Olympics, unless she has just given birth

Definitely someone with a false limb, as the woman with no legs on DWTS almost won it. Maybe Adam Hills.

Also Ed Sheeran as he did that routine in his video recently.

Then some people who are ''trained dancers'' like Amelle Berrabah, Ray Quinn, or Cheryl whatshername on X factor.

What about Michael Caines, the chef who has a prosthetic right arm?