Options

Matt Lucas snubs Boy George

Comments

• Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    soilhoof wrote: »
    Boy George and Culture Club pickled moments of the 80s in their superior pop - Matt Lucas churns out replicas of Vic and Bob routines, poorly, and has done nothing original nor memorable. Who is he to snub Boy George?

I can remember quite a lot!
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to regularly see Matt coming out of Heaven nightclub, just before he made the first Little Britain series.

He was always very quiet, unassuming and always said hello to me, even though I never knew him.

I can't believe he's turned into a nasty piece of work, there must be more to it.

He's hardly a nasty piece of work just because he did not accept somebody's apology. That's a risk you have to count with if you offend somebody, that they won't forgive you.
  • Options
    MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The Daily Star quotes George as saying: "I wrote Matt an email a while ago. I apologised to him for the things I said but he didn't respond."

So What??? No need to go public with it! Maybe given time he would have responded, Rub more salt in the wound why dont you?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    Soulmate9 wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a132643/lucas-ignores-boy-george-apology.html

How rude of Matt.... he could at least have acknowledged Georgie :mad:

I dont blame Matt snubbing him. Seems to me like he only wants to make up now Matt is sucessful. Its all getting VERY tiresome all this bitching George does. For crissakes he's almost 50. GROW UP!!!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    IvanIV wrote: »
    He's hardly a nasty piece of work just because he did not accept somebody's apology. That's a risk you have to count with if you offend somebody, that they won't forgive you.

That's why I said 'I can't believe he's turned into a nasty piece of work', because I don't think he is!
  • Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    McSpanky wrote: »
    I've snubbed Boy George pretty much my whole life....

Maybe if O'Dowd didn't play things out in the press he would garner more respect from the people he claims to have upset. He's just publicity seeking. He made the comment in the press, the apology in the press and now his hurt is exposed via the press.

If I was Lucas I'd be more concerned as to how this oversized tit got my email address...!

Oversized?? And Matt's going to win the Weightwatcher's best friend award is he??

George and Matt had their original falling out whilst George was employing Matt.... nothing to do with the press then.....
    deshazer wrote: »
    It's just a tabloid filler story and already fish & chip wrapping.

George recently had to cancel a gig in a 2,200 seat venue - only 88 tickets were sold.

The box office at the venue had problems..... several of their shows were affected. George has had no problem practically selling out the rest of his tour.
    coda wrote: »
    Boy George has been one joke for nearly three decades...

I thought this comment would be left after my post, and congratulations, it was you who did it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Taboo wrote: »
    I dont blame Matt snubbing him. Seems to me like he only wants to make up now Matt is sucessful. Its all getting VERY tiresome all this bitching George does. For crissakes he's almost 50. GROW UP!!!:rolleyes:

Taboo, Matt has been successful for years... it hasn't been a recent thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IvanIV wrote: »
    When BG apologised it does not mean that ML must automaticaly forgive him, it does not work like that. And nothing is more personal than an email, maybe if he tried harder and did not complain about it in newspapers, he could get some response after all. Also I love how BG congratulates himself what a great person he is for being able to apologise :rolleyes:

It's hard for some people to apologise and accept something was their fault.... George probably falls into that category, but good on him for doing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Taboo, Matt has been successful for years... it hasn't been a recent thing.[/QUOT

deleted
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coda wrote: »
    Boy George has been one joke for nearly three decades...

BULLs***
    Taboo, Matt has been successful for years... it hasn't been a recent thing.[/QUOT

deleted

Oh go on! It can't of been that bad! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Er, bitching was 3 years ago, he's not doing it no more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Er, bitching was 3 years ago, he's not doing it no more.

Er, he's just went to the papers about this and bitched, so I guess he's still doing it.
  • Options
    Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, which handbag will George come out fighting with next month ?
  • Options
    goonerladygoonerlady Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why should Matt Lucas accept Boy George's apology if he does not want to?Though it seems he just did not reply to Boy George.

Boy George it seems is just trying to say that he was such a good guy for saying sorry.
  • Options
    One and OnlyOne and Only Posts: 4,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is George in need of a bit of publicity for something? ;)
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't have forgiven him either. Matt Lucas had probabbly forgotten all about it until Boy George brought it up some 3 years later, and then when Matt didn't accept his apology he started bitching about him again.
  • Options
    Boy George FanBoy George Fan Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Kestral73 wrote: »
    Er, he's just went to the papers about this and bitched, so I guess he's still doing it.
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    I wouldn't have forgiven him either. Matt Lucas had probabbly forgotten all about it until Boy George brought it up some 3 years later, and then when Matt didn't accept his apology he started bitching about him again.

He hasn't been bitching about him again. He was interviewed by the press and made a comment about apologising, that's all. That's not bitching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kestral73 wrote: »

Er, no he didn't, there's always the option of reading the article properly.
  • Options
    MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He hasn't been bitching about him again. He was interviewed by the press and made a comment about apologising....
    But then he went on to cry and moan about the fact it had not been accepted:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarieH wrote: »
    But then he went on to cry and moan about the fact it had not been accepted:rolleyes:

It was a mere comment all as part of an interview and Daily Star decided to make a meal of it, that's how the press works.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on Matt Lucas for giving George the cold shoulder.
    I doubt George is genuinely sorry for hurting him. George is just trying to make himself look like the good guy by announcing he's sorry in the media. If he was genuinely sorry, he'd leave it a private matter. George only cares about publicity for himself, not other people's feelings.
    This is all part of George's current rehabilitation media offensive to make himself look good in the lead up to his trial for false imprisonment. It's all completely phoney.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is George in need of a bit of publicity for something? ;)

He has a few gigs to sell,which has failed miserably:yawn:
  • Options
    Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    George only cares about publicity for himself, not other people's feelings.
    This is all part of George's current rehabilitation media offensive to make himself look good in the lead up to his trial for false imprisonment. It's all completely phoney.

Ah, so thats why the has-been was on Breakfast TV last week.
  • Options
    well2dowell2do Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oversized?? .

'Oversized tit' to be exact :D
  • Options
    well2dowell2do Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH I wouldn't have responded to an apology given via email, to be genine it should be by mouth, mouth being verbally ;) or at least hand written.

"I wrote Matt an email a while ago. I apologised to him for the things I said but he didn't respond."