Com 7 quality now Motors TV added

Stephen_FirthStephen_Firth Posts: 109
Forum Member
After Motors TV has just been added, I have had a good look at the picture quality on the existing HD channels on Com 7 (BBC News, Aljazeara, Channel 4+1 and 47). There appears to be a definite drop in quality. It's quite subtle, picture now appears more grainy and has less contrast, also not quite as sharp as it was. This is on 2 of my TV's and also via a YouView Box on the 3rd TV
I wonder what the HD pictures will be like after channel 136 (TBA) is finally added and if Arqiva will squeeze even more in this Mux later on??

Comments

• kasgkasg Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I can't see any difference, might be worth recording something off C4HD and +1 and comparing them. I thought there was enough spare bandwidth before to accommodate an SD channel.
  • Stephen_FirthStephen_Firth Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Had another good look and the HD channels seem to have improved a bit. Perhaps Arqiva have "tweaked" the Mux. They did that after Jewellery Maker was added on channel 64 - it was awful at first then improved to the present "not quite as awful".
  • jasonjimbobjasonjimbob Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pictures on all channels seem perfect to me on Com 7, I now use a indoor aerial due to water coming down the cable on the outdoor one, some channels I get via Hotbird 13 East, the pictures are blocky and pixellated even with a strong signal
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    More compression won't really reduce the contrast.
  • teletvteletv Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isnt motorsTV delivered via the internet? my box is still saying 240 motors TV via iptv
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teletv wrote: »
    isnt motorsTV delivered via the internet? my box is still saying 240 motors TV via iptv
    Yes but it's also now on the COM7 mux if you have HD capable equipment and can receive it. You may need to retune if it doesn't appear automatically.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Yes but it's also now on the COM7 mux if you have HD capable equipment and can receive it. You may need to retune if it doesn't appear automatically.
    ... and are in range of the COM7 mux, which around 70% of the population are.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    ... and are in range of the COM7 mux,
    I thought I covered that with '..and can receive it'. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    I thought I covered that with '..and can receive it'. :)
    You're right, I slightly misconstrued your post.
  • Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    Could you add this on a haupaugge USB DVB-T stick which isn't compatible with Freeview HD? It is only SD, but is it in DVB-T2?
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could you add this on a haupaugge USB DVB-T stick which isn't compatible with Freeview HD? It is only SD, but is it in DVB-T2?

COM 7 is DVB-T2.