Options

Vodafone Phone Insurance - What is it like ?

coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The wife took a new C905 phone on an 18 month contract , no paperwork as arrived yet for the insurance policy , but there is the first month free then its £6 ? a month

I believe there is a £50 excess :eek: on the insurance
policy , as anyone had to make use of the VF insurance , is it a decent policy or are they exclusions such as water damage etc , anything to get out of replacing or repairing

Anyone with comments , let me know

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wife took a new C905 phone on an 18 month contract , no paperwork as arrived yet for the insurance policy , but there is the first month free then its £6 ? a month

I believe there is a £50 excess :eek: on the insurance
    policy , as anyone had to make use of the VF insurance , is it a decent policy or are they exclusions such as water damage etc , anything to get out of replacing or repairing

Anyone with comments , let me know

Thanks

i thought the VF excess was £25

oh and i dropped my k800i in the pond, they replaced it for me no issues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought the VF excess was £25

oh and i dropped my k800i in the pond, they replaced it for me no issues.

Thanks

I have not seen the policy yet , but can recall from the questions and answers we got when it came up in conversation , it was something like £50 excess if the retail price was greater than £300 or £400 ? if below that it was £25

What is a C905 retail price , £350 ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    C905 retail price is £400.

Water damage, theft of phone and loss of phone covered under insurance. If claim is being made due to stolen phone you need to provide Vodafone with the crime reference number when making the claim. Also, I think the above need to be reported to Vodafone within a certain amount of time of it happening but don't quote me on that, that's something you'd have to check.

VF excess is either £25 or £50, I believe dependent on handset value.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £25 for all devices now
  • Options
    maccymaccy Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Does VF insurance....

a) have to be taken out at the point of sale
    b) only apply to units purchased from a VF store or via the website?
  • Options
    banbury_oddballbanbury_oddball Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BoBaDoB wrote: »
    £25 for all devices now

It's £25 for devices from £0 - £400 (as in box only price). £50 for handsets above this which includes the C905.

All other points are covered by DF

Maccy - You can add insurance at any point in the contract, it's not a necessity. The insurance will cover any handset provided by Vodafone either by Customer Services, Account Manager or online (even though online service and stock is outsourced). However, if you purchase it via E-Bay, dealer etc it will not be covered and down to where you purchased it from.

If making a claim, and the device is stolen a "lost property ticket" number is required within 24 hours. The police tend not to issue crime ref numbers now for stolen equipment. This of course is not the same for all police forces in the UK of course. Some are better than others. Also before adding the insurance, I'd personally speak to your home contents insurance provider and run the scenario by them to see if you are covered within your home contents insurance, or even car insurance if someone breaks into your car and swipes the phone and / or car.
  • Options
    maccymaccy Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Maccy - You can add insurance at any point in the contract, it's not a necessity. The insurance will cover any handset provided by Vodafone either by Customer Services, Account Manager or online (even though online service and stock is outsourced). However, if you purchase it via E-Bay, dealer etc it will not be covered and down to where you purchased it from.

OK - thanks. I suspected the latter.

The last time I tried to insure a handset it was months after purchase and they were having none of it. That was a couple of years ago, mind.
  • Options
    banbury_oddballbanbury_oddball Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, you can add insurance at any point, and don't believe there is a minimum time before you can claim.

Many business customers I used to deal with didn't have insurance and if we took two months payments via a CC or DC, an insurance claim can still be made. So there are always deals to be made.

I can't confirm this is the case for consumer accounts though, so wouldn't advise trying that to be fair.
  • Options
    legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just a small point of correction, the online store is no longer outsourced, its been taken off data select to be done in house now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmm ignore me i think the £50 is right "not had an expensive handset in a while.."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The paperworks arrive and it states the excess is

Phone Value up to £ 400 it is £25

Phone Value over £400 it is £50

values are including vat

So it depends what retail value is placed on the C905

If the phone price drops to say £250 in 6 months time and you make a claim is the excess then only £25 due to its lower price bracket ?