iOS 6 Thoughts?

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Uk Ltd wrote: »
    I notice that instead of Orange, I'm now being served by EverythingEverywhere (EE)

Web pages seem to be loading a LOT quicker...

Could that be objectively not true?
  • Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uk Ltd wrote: »
    I notice that instead of Orange, I'm now being served by EverythingEverywhere (EE)

Web pages seem to be loading a LOT quicker...

Yes, seing EE takes a bit of getting used to ...
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    Could that be objectively not true?

Might have had loads of apps in the background before, but now its been reset.
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    dont like maps :(
  • wwillattwwillatt Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Took about 10 mins download the update and 20 mins altogetehr to do, so why does it say EE on my phone instead of T-mobile now???
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like IOS 6 (although its looking a bit tired now), but don't like the new maps.. Google maps with streetview was great
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Updated throught my phone. It worked really well. Didn't have to restore from a iCloud back up, everything was as it was right before the update.

Maps look disappointing. Built in sat nav is handy but I already have the Tom Tom app which I can't fault.
  • Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maps is crap. The sat view isn't even in colour, although it is at least more up to date than the google one was. My street exists in it, whereas it didn't in the Goog one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wwillatt wrote: »
    Took about 10 mins download the update and 20 mins altogetehr to do, so why does it say EE on my phone instead of T-mobile now???

EE, Tmobile, Orange... all one and the same.

In fact as I type this, it switched back to 'Orange Tmobile'
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree , don't like the new maps

Can you get the old google maps app ?
  • andy.saundersandy.saunders Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do not disturb isn't silencing calls, I have set times etc
  • 12december198412december1984 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was hoping the Satellite View of Derby would be a little less blocky when the official release of iOS6 come to the fore but alas it's not to be.

Hoping Apple sort it soon.
  • andy.saundersandy.saunders Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do I find Maps?
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do not disturb isn't silencing calls, I have set times etc

I think it doesn't silence calls from contacts you've marked as VIP.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    I spent two hours downloading this thing (i usually get 1.8-2.5 mb/s idk wtf is going on) and I paused it for a moment and came back and resumed, the damn thing RESTARTED.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I made the mistake of syncing Facebook contacts and now everybody on my Facebook is in my contacts. I've tried deleting them but it doesn't work aaaaaahh

Other than that I like it
  • toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe how quick it was to download and update

But so far it's a bit meh! I like the Do Not Disturb feature and the maps, but overall there's nothing that makes me want to upgrade to an iphone 5

I bought my 4s sim free, so will probably flog it in a few months when there's some more phones out there to choose from, it's looking likely i'll move from o2 to EE so will be interested in the lumia 920 and S3 LTE version
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're missing Google Maps. Just open up Safari and go to http://maps.google.com and it will automatically offer to put a shortcut on your home screen (web app).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    If you're missing Google Maps. Just open up Safari and go to http://maps.google.com and it will automatically offer to put a shortcut on your home screen (web app).

Legend.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I made the mistake of syncing Facebook contacts and now everybody on my Facebook is in my contacts. I've tried deleting them but it doesn't work aaaaaahh

Other than that I like it

Never mind I just figured it out. You can 'hide' them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh and still peed off that you can't write a new email and attach a photo, you have to go into the photo first and then email

I just hope that in ios6 when downloading something in the app store, when going back to the app store it remembers your position rather than going back to the top of the category you were downloading from

that got on my tit end
  • russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3D maps of London is very cool. Try going to the O2 or Canary Wharf. Great use of Multitouch. Losing Street View is pretty sad though - hopefully there'll be a Google Maps app soon.

Finding the new iTunes/App Store Apps a little sluggish - that's on an iPad 3. Like their new design though.

Only thing I really want is Do Not Disturb - downloading to my iPhone now :)
  • RoushRoush Posts: 4,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toyotacity wrote: »
    oh and still peed off that you can't write a new email and attach a photo, you have to go into the photo first and then email

Double tap in the email compose window, tap the > arrow and choose 'Insert Photo or Video'.
  • satman17satman17 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as above?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roush wrote: »
    Double tap in the email compose window, tap the > arrow and choose 'Insert Photo or Video'.

Oooh brill, thanks Roush