• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    my mum named me after nurse who delivered me
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My parents decided if I was a girl my mum would name me and my dad would choose a boys name.
    Thank goodness I was a girl as my Dad's choice of name was Zak (after a famous band member from the sixties-no idea what band though)

I actually like my name-I have no middle name as they couldn't agree on one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    My dad chose it , but if my mum had let him have his way fully id have been Robert or Trevor , after two of the top players at the Blues in 1972.

:)
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    My Parents.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my parents were convinced i was gonna be a boy and had names ready and everything

when i turned out to be a girl they panicked and picked Ivonne, to make it different they picked it with an I instead of a Y

thanks mom and dad :rolleyes:
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Ivonne wrote: »
    my parents were convinced i was gonna be a boy and had names ready and everything

when i turned out to be a girl they panicked and picked Ivonne, to make it different they picked it with an I instead of a Y

I was the fourth after three boys, the boy's name was ready and waiting. My parents got to choose all the girls names they'd wanted before, so I have four names. :)
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We lived in a small village and knew the Doctor and his family well, my mum named me after our Doctors's sister.
  • Options
    breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was named after my paternal grandfather.
    There was no decision. It has been that way for centuries.
    My father was named after his paternal grandfather. Etc.

To even things out, my younger brother was named after his maternal grandfather.

As a result my bother and I basically have the same name.

Mine is Harm = Lower Saxon (Drents) for Herman (Arminius).
    My brother is named Herman.

Long live tradition!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ivonne wrote: »

My Mum is called Yvonne. Although, some people who don't know how her name is spelled, spell it 'Evon' lol!:eek::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mother wanted to call me Jade, thank god my father put his foot down :eek:
  • Options
    Havelock VetinariHavelock Vetinari Posts: 13,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never asked. i think I may have to ask my dad after this thread. I did give myself a middle name on my 18th birthday. I added it after a member of The Police.
    Hint for those who are interested - the only non English guy :)
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    trinity28 wrote: »
    my mum named me after nurse who delivered me

Same here! I was originally going to be called Sinead but when she mentioned it to a nurse she pronounced it wrong and the nurse who delivered me was called Stephanie so that was my name. :)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never asked. i think I may have to ask my dad after this thread. I did give myself a middle name on my 18th birthday. I added it after a member of The Police.
    Hint for those who are interested - the only non English guy :)

Ooh, you're a Police fan - I am too, I absolutely love them.

Your middle name will be 'Stuart' or 'Copeland' then.....! :D

Off-topic, but what's your favourite Police track? Mine is 'Synchronicity II'.