Man United Supporters Thread (Part 20)

Comments

• Pink_PounderPink_Pounder Posts: 13,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    I did a journalistic writing course before. It's bizarre how formulaic every single article in a newspaper now appears when you see there are more or less 'golden rules' to it.

I watched a youtube lecutre/Q&A by Andrew Marr recently, he kind of criticised that form of journalism and said that he'd prefer to see more prose in reporting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Personally I've put a lot of weapons away....

Haven't we all dear.
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL :D:D:D:D I just saw DUNDEEBOYS post.

"Until Arsenal win something the dull football of the likes of Mourniho and Ferguson will still be seen as the way to go"

Hilarious.

Arsenal were outplayed today. . .and even playing a counter attacking game on Birmingham LMAO. Where was the "nice attractive football".

And don't DARE talk about Mourinho, and Ferguson in the same breath as Arsenal. Those two guys know which styles of football to change it up, to beat certain teams. Your lot doesn't ;) Hence it's defeats. Hence no trophies for 5 years :D
  • Davey84Davey84 Posts: 5,296
    Forum Member
    they wish they played our football
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason why Arsenal get the praise for 'attractive' football is simple.

We're judged by a higher standard than they are and have been for 15 years.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    So will anyone else be enjoying a quiet drink today? Raising a glass on today's anniversary?

35 years ago today, City won the League Cup, the last time they won a major cup.... I wish to congratulate the club and it's fans for such a fine job in reaching this milestone.:D
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Tribec wrote: »
    So will anyone else be enjoying a quiet drink today? Raising a glass on today's anniversary?

35 years ago today, City won the League Cup, the last time they won a major cup.... I wish to congratulate the club and it's fans for such a fine job in reaching this milestone.:D

I'll be changing my Facebook profile pic to me with the Champions League trophy today and will be stopping off for a swift half of bitter on the way methinks :D

I drove past Wastelands this morning and actually said 'Happy anniversary!!'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    Tribec wrote: »

Ah, I woke up with a warm glow this morning and might have a drink later.

I mean it's a day since my team last won a major cup :)
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    'FA: Rooney to face no action over incident with James McCarthy in game at Wigan'

Oh Dear. That'll upset a lot of people. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    I do think Rooney was well OTT.

But given Clattenburg is making out he saw the incident and dealt with it as he saw fit, then that logically had to be the end of the matter.

You cannot have a free for all, reopening referees' disciplinary decisions ( many of which will always be debatable ) and inevitably personality orientated.
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/8350779/Steven-Davies-England-cricketer-announces-he-is-gay.html

Some cricketer I've never heard off but very good news, I think. Someone in their prime of the career, at international level in a top class, popular sport comes out. I think it's great.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick question, if there is no NFL season next season, how does that effect us? If the Glazers are getting no income from their franchaise for one season, will that have a knock-on-effect as to how much we can spend in the summer??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would there be no NFL?
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read today that Manchester United and Chelsea have been alerted to the unrest of Real Madrids World Cup winning defender Sergio Ramos.

The buccaneering Spain right-back is said to have fallen out with Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho and his name has been circulated to leading Premier League Clubs.

Chelsea and United are keen to sign a right-back in the summer, although the 24 year olds, Galactico status means he will not be cheap.

Old Trafford chief Sir Alex Ferguson has yet to settle on a long term, first choice replacement for Gary Neville.

Hmm - if this is true, it would make a change to sign a player from Madrid rather then sell to them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd doubt if Ramos would interest us.
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Why would there be no NFL?

http://articles.sfgate.com/2011-01-30/sports/27091434_1_potential-lockout-cba-extension-players

Remember it happening with the NHL a few years back, season got canceled.

League owners still get their money from television contracts though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is he a Galactico? He's an excellent player, but he's hardly a Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, or a Beckham type now is he? With the possible exception of Roberto Carlos ( Who dined out on THAT goal for years) Galactico's tend not to be defenders.
  • Davey84Davey84 Posts: 5,296
    Forum Member
    we don't need ramos, we need top central midfielders
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Fergie would rather stick pins in his eyelids than the idea of signing a 'Galactico'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    http://articles.sfgate.com/2011-01-30/sports/27091434_1_potential-lockout-cba-extension-players

Remember it happening with the NHL a few years back, season got canceled.

League owners still get their money from television contracts though.

They're a self sufficient franchise. It won't affect us at all.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Just a quick question, if there is no NFL season next season, how does that effect us? If the Glazers are getting no income from their franchaise for one season, will that have a knock-on-effect as to how much we can spend in the summer??

It wont effect us, mainly because the deal will be done and the season will go ahead as normal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all you nostalgic peeps, I have just noticed that on the channel called " Movies 24" (Sky channel number 327), the film "Manchester United: Beyond The Promised Land", is on at 7am today. (and at 8am on the +1 channel-number 328 on Sky).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    It wont effect us, mainly because the deal will be done and the season will go ahead as normal.

I hope there is a deal, but I was just putting the question out there, as there is still a chance that it won't get signed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're a self sufficient franchise. It won't affect us at all.

The club itself maybe self-suffcient, but I was just thinking along the lines of, if the Glazers got any money from that side of things, during a season, and then used that money to pay for things to do with us, that might not be incoming, if there is no season.
This discussion has been closed.