Options

Upcoming phones

Fhp-ImcFhp-Imc Posts: 95
Forum Member
What phones will be released in the next 6 months?

Also which ones wil be the best?

I've currently got an iPhone 1st gen. So by best phone I mean battery life, apps, camera, memory "coolness"

I know the iPhone 5 will be out soon but what will be the next best thing or better?

Comments

• Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iphone 5 announcement is Tuesday and you'll likely be able to get hold it from the following day.

I watch this Youtube channel as they review a lot of new handsets with the specs etc, even the ones which won't be out yet for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MobileGazette#g/u
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What is this samsung prime or whatever it is called gunna be like? Compared to iPhone 4
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HTC Titan coming out very soon. Hopefully come the end of the month some more details on the new Nokia Windows phones.
  • Options
    ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    Is this (Nexus Prime) the best looking phone ever? Specs arent bad either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »

It looks amazing. Puts the iPhone 4 and maybe the iphone 5 to shame.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fhp-Imc wrote: »
    What is this samsung prime or whatever it is called gunna be like? Compared to iPhone 4

I just hate Samsung phones, the last two I have had were rubbish, are the newer generations better now?
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nexus Prime will be THE phone to get tbh. Metal casing, HD screen, insane processor and pure Android. :D
  • Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    spendleb wrote: »
    I just hate Samsung phones, the last two I have had were rubbish, are the newer generations better now?

As they now make the best on the market, I'd say much better.
    Especially the top of the range Galaxy S2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    call100 wrote: »

I've got the Jet and it freezes constantly and the screen has to be hammered for it to recognise touch, drives me mad but it runs out tomorrow so new phone in the next few weeks :-)
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    how does the HTC Titan look to you guys?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »

I like the look of it. I am giving real serious thoughts to a Windows Phone on my contract renewal, which is a few weeks away. I am just waiting to see what details Nokia release at the end of the month. Nokia seem verf confident that what they announce they will get out the door for Christmas.
  • Options
    Sam SeedSam Seed Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    poor.

and windows....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really fancy the Nexus Prime, it looks gorgeous, anyone know when it's due to be released? I have gone to PAYG for a while to way up my options (which now don't include the iPhone 4s!)
  • Options
    TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »

If you are sold on Windows Phone, it becomes a simpler question: do you want a 4.7" screen.
    Yes - get the Titan, no - wait for the Nokia.

Actually, I would wait to see what Nokia has anyway - it's only three weeks away.

You should bear in mind that as the resolution is the same on all the phones, you don't get to see more on a bigger screen, just everything looks bigger and the pixel density goes down. That said, for what it is, the Titan is a great device. It's barely bigger than the HD7 (I've compared them in person), the same weight yet it's screen is sizeably larger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheBigM wrote: »
    If you are sold on Windows Phone, it becomes a simpler question: do you want a 4.7" screen.
    Yes - get the Titan, no - wait for the Nokia.

Actually, I would wait to see what Nokia has anyway - it's only three weeks away.

You should bear in mind that as the resolution is the same on all the phones, you don't get to see more on a bigger screen, just everything looks bigger and the pixel density goes down. That said, for what it is, the Titan is a great device. It's barely bigger than the HD7 (I've compared them in person), the same weight yet it's screen is sizeably larger.

Indeed. The Nokia Ace looks like it could give the HTC Titan a run for its money.
    Nokia “Ace”: 4.3in AMOLED ClearBlack Display, 8-megapixel autofocus camera with Carl Zeiss optics, 1.4GHz processor, 16GB internal storage, 1800mAh battery, HSPA+, Windows Phone 7.5 Mango.
    - source.

Main difference I can see is that the Titan has a 1.5Ghz processor and a 4.7" screen. However the battery is a 1600mAh although I have no idea what that means in extra minutes :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is the Nexus Prime due for release?

I have been able to upgrade since last month but have waited for the apple launch. But now my Iphone 3GS is really starting to perish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    When is the Nexus Prime due for release?

Soon ?

Nexus Prime Release Date May Be Oct. 11
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss the days of just upgrading from a Nokia 3210 to a 3310. haha.

I suppose its another wait for this phone to be announced then. Thanks for the help
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW the HTC TITAN looks really nice but it looks more like a tablet PC due to size.
  • Options
    ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    If the titan screen size does not put you off, then the Samsung Note is worth a look.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    call100 wrote: »

Strange though, several colleagues have various Samsung Models as work phones including the Galaxy and Ace and all universally hate them, reckon they are buggy and unresponsive. Word seems to be that HTC are producing the best phones?
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Nokia Ace, sounds interesting!
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ACU wrote: »

Doesn't look that different to current phones IMO, the original iPhone was essentially this shape years ago but fatter due to the technical limitations then.

Also this is just a guess, who knows if the design and specs are accurate.
  • Options
    statelessstateless Posts: 1,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to give the iPhone 4S a miss. Either that or go for an upgrade kit ;). All jokes aside I've been a bit of an HTC convert since getting the touch pro 2, so I'll probably see what offerings they have in a year or so.
  • Options
    JordanT91JordanT91 Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My contract with T-Mobile (HTC Desire) doesn't run out until June next year so by then there will be another generation of phone so I'm not really paying any attention to the Nexus Prime or equivalents.

Thing is, I don't really know which route to take. I am not continuing my contract because T Mobile are a shit company, with their constant illegal changing of contracts and stupid web connection that is capped at 2meg (even WnW+, which I am on with 5gb allowance).

The only company which offers unlimited internet is 3 I think, and they are expensive. There's also Giffgaff, but the O2 signal is shocking in my area and I would need to buy any new phone myself at full price. Hmm, decisions decisions... I'm trying to not think about it until June.