Why has ds forums become so........

Fhp-ImcFhp-Imc Posts: 95
Forum Member
Bitchy? Loads of forum members are becoming bitchy and unhelpful?
On a lot of threads I've been visiting people are saying thugs like "op wanted to do this yesterday and now they want this" or "op is this that and the other"

Or if a genuine question is asked people are giving crabby replies or just replying things like ..... A link to another post by the op or a link to google.

Maybe I'm imagining things I don't know but I feel it's becoming a un pleasant place.

I have been a lurker for about 7 years and my best mate is a forum member so I've been on here alot bedew joint last month. Maybe I've just stumbled across some unpleasent forum members

Anyone else feel like myself?

Comments

• PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. I like it here.

Edited to say, i have asked a lot of questions in advice and posted many threads over the years and i have never come across hostility.
  • jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a mix of good, bad and everything in between. Can change from day to day, poster to poster, too. It's an internet melting pot :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have only come across one really nasty and hostile poster who made a completely unprovoked attack on me for no reason I can think of.
    I have got into heated debates with a couple of others where I eventually withdrew because I thought their remarks were becoming a bit personal and heated and I just didn't want to engage any further.
    I think on a forum with this many members you are always going to have some unpleasant posters.
  • temperaretemperare Posts: 3,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you go to advice or showbiz you should not accept anything but bitchy cliques.

However the vast majority GD and Cult are decent!
  • deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have only come across one really nasty and hostile poster who made a completely unprovoked attack on me for no reason I can think of.

It wasn't me, was it? :confused:
  • Packup PetePackup Pete Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some FM's just love to bait people, they have no real opinion but just like to say something to cause controversy. Be careful with this kind of person as you will likely get banned if you get suckered into one of their 'arguments'....my new philosophy is to wind up the wind up merchants.
  • dawnrayddawnrayd Posts: 6,746
    Forum Member
    Fhp-Imc wrote: »

You only joined last month, are you making assumptions?

I joined yonks ago, and to be honest it's pretty much exactly the same as I remember it.
  • EleKtroEleKtro Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no. its not hard to use advice for advice nor is it hard to use google to find a good optician in Kelso.

it would be dreadful if it were full of. "oh thanks hon, i love you too.lol. rofl" all the time.

I just wish people were funnier
  • ShevchenkoShevchenko Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to be ok from what I make of it so far.

Didn't think it was bitchy :confused:
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good and bad wherever you go (on or offline).
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member

There's been quite a few threads on this already, that's not being bitchy btw :D
  • Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    Im new to posting but not reading and it dosen't seem different to me from a few months ago when the forums were opened to view by non members, I used to post on the main pages via FB and then just read the forums, but I have far to much time on my hands now. There are much worse forums for bitching and attacking, this is quite fairly moderated from what i can tell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deev1ne0ne wrote: »
    It wasn't me, was it? :confused:

Nope. Why, should I be annoyed with something you said?? Remind me :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. Why, should I be annoyed with something you said?? Remind me :(

He wanted to sodomise you with a red hot poker.
    Forum Member

You're assuming that would annoy him. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh HIM. Nope, no offence taken. Particularly as I'm a female. :)
  • Fhp-ImcFhp-Imc Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I joined last month but have been lurking for literally years.
    Forum Member
    I joined last month but have been lurking for literally years.

I remember when I stumbled across Digital Spy, there was a brief period of lurking, before I discovered shouting "That's b0llox" at the screen wasn't as effective as posting it :D
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Oh HIM. Nope, no offence taken. Particularly as I'm a female. :)

:o I always thought you were a male.
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »

With a name beginning with Swan? I'm assuming it was a very delicate ballet dancer type of male you were visualising? :D
    Forum Member
    dawnrayd wrote: »
    I remember when I stumbled across Digital Spy, there was a brief period of lurking, before I discovered shouting "That's b0llox" at the screen wasn't as effective as posting it :D

lol I'm also a long term lurker but now with extra time I've started posting. I couldn't read the forums though as you had to be a registered member until earlier this year i think? can someone correct me if I'm wrong and was just my dozy ars computer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »

Nope. Very much female. And yes, I did do ballet when I was younger.
    Forum Member
    Nope. Very much female. And yes, I did do ballet when I was younger.

I saw your name in a thread earlier and assumed you were a pub landlord, just goes to show what assumptions do. I thought "what a cute name for a pub":o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dawnrayd wrote: »
    With a name beginning with Swan? I'm assuming it was a very delicate ballet dancer type of male you were visualising? :D

Says the man called DAWN!! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet1986 wrote: »
    I saw your name in a thread earlier and assumed you were a pub landlord, just goes to show what assumptions do. I thought "what a cute name for a pub":o

Oh dear. I never thought of that. I'm Irish and we don't have pub names like that over here.