Would you be a corrupt Copper?.

U96U96 Posts: 13,937
Forum Member
✭✭
Watching the film Serpico the other day.How he wouldn't give into bribes and protection money.
If you had just joined the Police.And you found yourself in the midst of 70's style 'take the money and keep quiet, or grass up your fellow officers and take the consequences'.
What would you do?.

Would you be a corrupt Copper?. 13 votes

Yes.Go with the flow.Cash is King.
46% 6 votes
No.Grass them up to the authorities.
15% 2 votes
Not sure.Depends on the threat level if i don't co-operate.
15% 2 votes
I'd resign if it happened.
23% 3 votes

Comments

• 2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd take the money and run.

Lubbly jubbly... :cool:
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd take the money and run.

Lubbly jubbly... :cool:

Same here.I'd take my chances.Why rock the boat?.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'de grass them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    I'de grass them.

Is Simba a good watchdog?.
  • TyrTyr Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grass them all up and expose the corruption to the world. I have no respect whatsoever for people in positions of authority who abuse their power.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take the bribes and threaten the other cops that I'll grass them up if they don't give me a high percentage of their bribes as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyr wrote: »
    Grass them all up and expose the corruption to the world. I have no respect whatsoever for people in positions of authority who abuse their power.

But what if they threatened you and your nearest and dearest with extreme violence if you did so?.
    Wouldn't it be easier on everyone if you just rolled with it?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sodavlac wrote: »
    Take the bribes and threaten the other cops that I'll grass them up if they don't give me a high percentage of their bribes as well.

Truly inspired!.:D
  • 2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyr wrote: »
    Just give in mate, you know you want to... ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just give in mate, you know you want to... ;)

I'm no expert.But I think Police bribery and corruption goes a lot further than a free Chinese takeaway for the nightshift.
    What with pay freezes and overtime cutbacks.You have to make your salary go further these days.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    The politicians and council officals couldn't complain, they've been doing and getting away with it for years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    motsy wrote: »
    The politicians and council officals couldn't complain, they've been doing and getting away with it for years.

Damn right.Especially the Council people.Not just the higher up ones either.It extends to the lower levels too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    Is Simba a good watchdog?.

It's Zinda:D 8 1/2 stone Alsation, you bet he is:D
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    id rather be bent brass. if youre going for financial corruption then the police is peanuts. company directorship is the place to be .......
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely - a few pennies extra here and there never hurt anyone.

I'd charge people for me to turn a blind eye to various offences too (as long as they weren't too serious - stuff like weeing in the streets). Sort of like the 'on the spot fines'.. more like an 'on the spot call out fee'.

You could make a bob or two in the custody suite at night as well. With the most violent offenders, make them fight a few rounds and run a book. The fights would be fixed of course, so I'd be raking it in from other corrupt cops without them knowing.

I'd also take a percentage of takings from other corrupt cops and be sort of like 'boss corrupt cop' in charge of all the others.

I might raid the evidence room and plant stuff in other copper's lockers too and then make them pay me to keep quiet when I accidentally look in their locker and find stuff.

What else could you do? Perhaps join the traffic division and set up road blocks on major roads with a £50 charge for motorists to pass. Otherwise they get thrown in a cell for the max time without charge.

Nothing to do with drugs though, they're bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's Zinda:D 8 1/2 stone Alsation, you bet he is:D

It's been a long time since I saw the pics of her Woodbush.I was on the right track though!.
    Clever dogs.But i'd bribe her with a tasty doggy treat type thing.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    id rather be bent brass. if youre going for financial corruption then the police is peanuts. company directorship is the place to be .......

.............................Kickbacks and the contracts all yours!.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    It's been a long time since I saw the pics of her Woodbush.I was on the right track though!.
    Clever dogs.But i'd bribe her with a tasty doggy treat type thing.:D

Here he is. Don't think doggy treats work with a stranger:D

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/duffystev/media/zinda/DSCF2306.jpg.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here he is. Don't think doggy treats work with a stranger:D

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/duffystev/media/zinda/DSCF2306.jpg.html

I wouldn't mess with him!.Those dogs always have quite an intense stare,like they're trying to figure you out.
    No wonder the Police/Military love them so much.:eek:
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    I'd be a right slag. I'd keep my nose clean whilst I'm a lowly beat cop, learning the ropes and gaining trust. Then when I graduate to plain clothes, I'd be the muther ****ing kingpin.

Not a day would go by when I was extorting/threatening/fixing. I wouldn't take any grief though. If some gang boss wants to pay me to do his bidding, I'd be all over it, but I'd never be his bitch. As long as the cash keeps coming and he doesn't take liberties, we'd have a long and fruitful relationship.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i`d never be a police officer.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    i`d never be a police officer.

Yeah, that goes without saying, the slags. But if I was a pig, I'd be Johnny Take-a-bribe.