The two boys who got Simon's buzzer

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ This.

Just a pity he had to share the stage with the incomprehensible jabbering brat.

It was probably me projecting, but I thought even he (singing one) looked vaguely embarrassed about the rap bits :p
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    The singing boy had a really nice voice, and I generally don't like boy singers of that age. I didn't like the rapping so much, partly because I don't like rap much, partly because I didn't like the content of the rap, and partly because the rapping boy was a bit overconfident for my liking, especially considering he had allegedly been bullied

Same here. I was hoping that, as he has previously done on The X Factor and maybe BGT, Simon would say "We have a problem...", cue (fake) gasps and shocked looks from the audience, before saying the singer was good but his friend was not. Unfortunately, the judges, or rather producers most likely wouldn't reject someone with such a sob story. Have they ever done that?
  • Options
    CM2604CM2604 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I didn't particularly like this act mostly because I don't like rap but also because the two boys came across as being rather unlikeable in my opinion.

I thought the whole thing with Simon pressing the Golden Buzzer seemed rather staged and in any case it looked as though Amanda and Alesha had more or less made their minds up before they even started performing.
  • Options
    Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to thank Grumpy Alan for giving me a good giggle this afternoon. Stuck in an empty office, catching up on paperwork and your misanthropic bon mots have had me chortling.

I didn't mind the taller boy's singing but the younger one's "rapping" and his awful, Jafakin/Welsh accent really grated.
  • Options
    RegTheDonkRegTheDonk Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Best part of the act was David taking the p*ss.

Rubbish otherwise.
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RegTheDonk wrote: »
    Best part of the act was David taking the p*ss.

Rubbish otherwise.

:D

When Walliams is the '... best part of the act...' the act has to be absolute rubbish!
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Now someone is posting on here that they will win because the morons of twitter like them.

They can't even comprehend a world outside of twitter. *rolleyes*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully, when it's time for the votes from the public to count those two boys, and especially the little brat, will sink into the well-deserved obscurity of the primeval swamp from whence they came.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Hopefully, when it's time for the votes from the public to count those two boys, and especially the little brat, will sink into the well-deserved obscurity of the primeval swamp from whence they came.

Do you mean you would send them back to the "hood"?!

Surely gangstas like them deserve a second chance?!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    ... 'singing' acts that would have been better suited to Britain's Got No Talent'

I've thought for some time that the future for this show is to make it 'Britain's Got No Talent', seriously. A sure fire ratings topper would be the search for the worst act in the country.
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    NE5 wrote: »
    Sometimes you feel that kids get through just because they are kids, which is wrong. Maybe they should introduce an age cap to prevent that ?

Indeed. Some of the way very young acts are portrayed makes me wonder if the show if being aimed at Jim and Rolf. The sexualization of kids is something I am very much against, as should this show be. No excuses or flip flapping, they know when it's happening.

As for acts going through based on age, or when they clearly should not, the last act of last night's show was a prime example. Who the hell wants to hear a 16 year-old singing 'Don't Rain On My Parade' in 2014. Cowell was right the first time, it was boring. It does not bode well that he allowed himself to be badgered into letting her do the same awful song again, instead of getting her to perform something more befitting her age.
  • Options
    sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now someone is posting on here that they will win because the morons of twitter like them.

They can't even comprehend a world outside of twitter. *rolleyes*

I don't post on Twitter but do read it. Why are they all morons?
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe its because of my advanced years (:blush:) but I detest 'rapping'.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. Some of the way very young acts are portrayed makes me wonder if the show if being aimed at Jim and Rolf. The sexualization of kids is something I am very much against, as should this show be. No excuses or flip flapping, they know when it's happening.

As for acts going through based on age, or when they clearly should not, the last act of last night's show was a prime example. Who the hell wants to hear a 16 year-old singing 'Don't Rain On My Parade' in 2014. Cowell was right the first time, it was boring. It does not bode well that he allowed himself to be badgered into letting her do the same awful song again, instead of getting her to perform something more befitting her age.

He didn't allow himself to be badgered, it was all part of his scripted plan, we get it everytime, "have you got another song"routine.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe its because of my advanced years (:blush:) but I detest 'rapping'.

I like rapping when it's done well. But not when it's done because it's the "in" thing
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Also do you believe the Push The Button chant from the audience was totally random? It seemed so false. I cant believe 500 people would just randomly start chanting Push The Buzzer in perfect harmony. More like the audience were told to do it.

There was probably a giant cue card held up at each side of the stage. Or the sound was added on later!
  • Options
    MrRightMrRight Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't there some kids last year rapping about their grandad dying? Seems every kid rapping act has to have some emotional pull. What would happen if they just came out and rapped Eminem like surely some kids do?
    Like most I think the singer was ok but the rapper needs to be sent back to the Bronx or wherever he thinks he came from.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrRight wrote: »
    Wasn't there some kids last year rapping about their grandad dying? Seems every kid rapping act has to have some emotional pull. What would happen if they just came out and rapped Eminem like surely some kids do?
    Like most I think the singer was ok but the rapper needs to be sent back to the Bronx or wherever he thinks he came from.

A I posted somewhere earlier, "... back to the primeval swamp from whence he came."
  • Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. Some of the way very young acts are portrayed makes me wonder if the show if being aimed at Jim and Rolf. The sexualization of kids is something I am very much against, as should this show be. No excuses or flip flapping, they know when it's happening..

Yes but this song/rap was about bullying which is apt for kids.

Better than dressing up like adults and singing about sex
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She is a west end performer so what west end song could she have sung?
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen on Syco's twitter that they have been invited to perform on the Ellen Degeneres Show in America.
  • Options
    IC89IC89 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duncann wrote: »
    There was probably a giant cue card held up at each side of the stage. Or the sound was added on later!

It was obviously pre-recorded in the warm up, getting the whole crowd to chant that so it could be interspersed with the footage to build up some kind of tension and momentum before the pressing.

I've barely watched BGT in the last two weeks because there have been other things on and there's no motivation to catch up because it's becoming so tedious, but my mum insisted I watch this act. Why I don't know.

The only question I have is where do they go from here? Will they perform the same song in the semis, and then the final? Will they try and squeeze through on the sob and cute vote with some half-baked original or terrible cover before performing the audition song in the final?