If a man did that...

Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
Forum Member
How is it Amanda and Alisha have been able to drool over Darcy and make suggestive comments without being criticised? It was quite obvious Darcy felt uncomfortable with some of the comments. If Simon behaved in that way towards a woman all hell would break loose I'm sure.

Comments

• ThatJoshThatJosh Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's just very humble and hasn't got a lot of self-confidence so he appears a little embarrassed.
  • TVFreakoTVFreako Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Safi74 wrote: »
    How is it Amanda and Alisha have been able to drool over Darcy and make suggestive comments without being criticised? It was quite obvious Darcy felt uncomfortable with some of the comments. If Simon behaved in that way towards a woman all hell would break loose I'm sure.

Any bloke would. Women think all men love the attention but I would be surprised if many did.
    ThatJosh wrote: »
    I think he's just very humble and hasn't got a lot of self-confidence so he appears a little embarrassed.

Again that is based on a misconception. People think men thrive on the attention. But they don't. It can be something they find as embarrassing as women do.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope that people don't assume that all women think this way, as a woman I'm quite embarrassed by the way they drooled over him. Yes, he's a nice-looking young man, but you're right in that people would have freaked out if Simon or David had suggested one of the members of Little Mix wear something a little more revealing.

We see it in advertising a lot too, it's sad that sexism and objectification is seen as acceptable/humorous when it's done to men.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amanda Holden is repulsive. She has the air of a seedy drunk aunty who wants to cop a feel of her nephews bum !
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »

I may be wrong, but I thought David made a few comments as well - he definitely told him not to put his top back on at the end.
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    1fab wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but I thought David made a few comments as well - he definitely told him not to put his top back on at the end.

You're right. I felt really sorry for Darcy and embarrassed on his behalf at the comments. Even on BGMT he was 'harassed' but stood his ground. Poor chap.
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    Amanda Holden is repulsive. She has the air of a seedy drunk aunty who wants to cop a feel of her nephews bum !

Lol that made me laugh as you are so right there!!!
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this too! I mean I was happy to see when he wriggled out that he was shirtless underneath and I won't deny that but Alesha and especially Amanda were just embarrassing to be honest, there's looking and appreciating which is the human thing to do really and there's leering and drooling and being suggestive which just embarrasses the poor guy! It also makes people suggest that he only got through on his looks rather than his shocking acts, which is completely unfair.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Let's be honest, the shirt coming off was no accident, and there is generally a higher level of acceptibility about comments from women about fanciable men than the other way around, because of simple social roles between the genders and how they relate to one another. I don't think the two can be compared to be honest.
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He got even more pressure to get is top off on BGMT by a caller, Lucy K, Lettuce and the crew. Disgraceful.. only because if it was aimed at a woman they`d be uproar >:(
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what their other halfs thought if they were watching them on BGT drool over the magician. If their hubbys drooled over other women dressed scantilly on tv, they wouldn't mind then?
    Forum Member
    Randysback wrote: »
    He got even more pressure to get is top off on BGMT by a caller, Lucy K, Lettuce and the crew. Disgraceful.. only because if it was aimed at a woman they`d be uproar >:(

My point exactly. Poor chap.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree Op . Amanda and Alesha do a disservice to women by acting in that manner . If David Walliams said similar there would be outrage

For the same reason the Diet Coke ad really bothers me . Where a group of women roll a can and the guy has the take his t shirt off . It wouldnt be tolerated if men drooled over a woman
    Forum Member
    duckylucky wrote: »
    I agree Op . Amanda and Alesha do a disservice to women by acting in that manner . If David Walliams said similar there would be outrage

For the same reason the Diet Coke ad really bothers me . Where a group of women roll a can and the guy has the take his t shirt off . It wouldnt be tolerated if men drooled over a woman

You're quite right. Hypocrisy is rife it would seem!
  • Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    I found his reluctance to taking his top off a bit strange.
    He obviously works out and then adorns himself with tattoos, so what is the point if you are not going to show it off? This is showbiz and as much as we'd like to pretend it doesn't, sex sells.

Maybe he is one of those types who want to be taken seriously as a magician and not a hunk???

And Simon does and has passed sexual comments on scantily clad women in the past.
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found his reluctance to taking his top off a bit strange.
    He obviously works out and then adorns himself with tattoos, so what is the point if you are not going to show it off? This is showbiz and as much as we'd like to pretend it doesn't, sex sells.

Maybe he is one of those types who want to be taken seriously as a magician and not a hunk???

And Simon does and has passed sexual comments on scantily clad women in the past.

And Simon Cowel is also criticised . No one should be under pressure to do anything they dont want to . Its of no relevance if he has tatoos or not
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »

That is a bit nasty and she is not like that - she is just trying to be cool and failing a bit!