Corrie Marcus

hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Would anyone else like Marcus to become a charactor in his own right. I really like Marcus, he is way way WAY better than bloody anthony cotten, and I feel he's only there to hang off him. I'v loved him on his own with eileen last weak:)
I feel the same about Syed off EE, he only ever seams to hang off Christian, even though he probably has way more potential than him.
what does everyone else think?

Comments

• vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what does Marcus see in Sean!
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    what does Marcus see in Sean!

They do say that love is blind...
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who finds him deathly dull?
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hetty100 wrote: »
    Would anyone else like Marcus to become a charactor in his own right. I really like Marcus, he is way way WAY better than bloody anthony cotten, and I feel he's only there to hang off him. I'v loved him on his own with eileen last weak:)
    I feel the same about Syed off EE, he only ever seams to hang off Christian, even though he probably has way more potential than him.
    what does everyone else think?

Hey Hetty - we think alike...:)

I think Marcus is brilliant - he's really come into his own in recent weeks, particularly his moving scenes with Eileen and Lesley. However, as I pointed out in another thread, he's likely been given scenes that would ordinarily have gone to Sean (filmed when AC was in the jungle).

I do feel that Marcus is very much there as 'Sean's boyfriend', rather than as a character in his own right, which is a shame as he's a much better character played by a more accomplished actor.

We'll see what happens when Sean returns (this week, I think...). Hopefully Corrie writers will see just good (and popular) Marcus is, and give him some scenes independent from Sean.

We can only hope...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds him deathly dull?

Probably...

But, hey - each to their own :p
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    Probably...

But, hey - each to their own :p

I know I find him absolutly lovely:D
    I wish they would make him somthing other than just seans bf:(
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always liked Marcus. I was glad when they brough him back, but still think he's badly underused. I think he's got far more potential then Sean will ever have.
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him. Better than Sean.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    I've always liked Marcus. I was glad when they brough him back, but still think he's badly underused. I think he's got far more potential then Sean will ever have.

I've been saying this for ages!! I wish they'd give him more to do. But he's extended his contract for another year (I think) so hopefully something will happen
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a great character, it's good to have him back
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    I can not bare Anthony Rotten! Marcus is a much better character and better actor. Get rid of Sean...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Sean is the epitome of a stereotypical gay character. I'm not a fan at all - plus Anthony Cotton doesn't seem a particularly nice person.

I like Marcus. I'd like to see him with more of a storyline too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    He was amazing when Maria gave birth to her stillborn baby a few years back. Very supportive to Violet too. I do like scenes without Sean and was pleased that they didn't just pack him off to London when Sean went.
  • jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Marcus at the moment is pretty much the male Sian - when you think about the character you wonder why they are are bothering with the See You Next Tuesday they are dating.
  • DaZ_yUv_XDaZ_yUv_X Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'd like sexy doctor matt to secretly be gay and i want marcus to have an affair with him.. they'd make one handsome couple! i'm sure marcus wouldn't mind a real man for a change anyway..
  • SummerskillSummerskill Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DaZ_yUv_X wrote: »
    i'd like sexy doctor matt to secretly be gay and i want marcus to have an affair with him.. they'd make one handsome couple! i'm sure marcus wouldn't mind a real man for a change anyway..

Aww, that would be nice. :)

I wouldn't like it however if the doctor was treated like dirt by the holier than thou, innocent :rolleyes: residents of Coronation Street for stealing Marcus from Lettuce :D like Tina and the rest of the boners at Number 9 think of him, but that's another story. :D
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was amazing when Maria gave birth to her stillborn baby a few years back. Very supportive to Violet too. I do like scenes without Sean and was pleased that they didn't just pack him off to London when Sean went.

He was good in those scenes with Maria. The character of Marcus has always seemed so much more likeable and intelligent than Sean's that it's difficult to see why he'd want to be with him. I've really enjoyed Marcus without Sean. He was good interacting with Jason too.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh I loved his scenes with Maria when she was pregnant the first time. I'd like to see him out of Sean's shadow
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd actually like to see him do more with Maria. He's great with Eileen but the stuff he did with Maria about her stillborn was lovely and I think they could be really good friends
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved his scene with Lesley. He's such a genuinely good natured character. Sean doesn't appreciate him at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if he'll ever split with Sean. Maybe if Tod comes back??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if he'll ever split with Sean. Maybe if Tod comes back??

He genuinely seems to love Sean - the reason he left last time was because he thought Sean had slept with Tom.

Personally, I don't see what Marcus (kind, caring and bright), sees in the selfish, bitchy Sean - but then we're all at the mercy of Cupid's arrow...;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep Marcus and get rid of Sean and that would make me very happy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggi wrote: »

Seconded :)
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggi wrote: »

Thirded
    Are you reading this Phil Collinson?? Has it sunk in yet that your golden boy Prawn Tully is anything but?