What should we use the Armed Forces for(after Afghanistan)?.

U96U96 Posts: 13,937
Forum Member
✭✭
So our latest 'conflict' is scheduled to end tail end of 2014.
No more problems on the horizon.Troops all home from Germany.No more cold war and all that.
So what shall we do with them?.
I think they should be used to defend our own borders.Our own streets and shopping centres from the rise of Islamic terrorism.

What should we use the Armed Forces for(after Afghanistan)?. 24 votes

Border patrol,defending the nation from internal terrorism.
45% 11 votes
Keep them training for WW3.Commies never sleep.
8% 2 votes
Make them redundant.Saving s to be had.
20% 5 votes
Other.
25% 6 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Border patrol? What are you even talking about? We live on an Island. Do you think there are people entering the country via beach landings? What a plonker.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    proviso wrote: »
    Border patrol? What are you even talking about? We live on an Island. Do you think there are people entering the country via beach landings? What a plonker.

That's you that is.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    U96 wrote: »
    I think they should be used to defend our own borders.Our own streets and shopping centres from the rise of Islamic terrorism.

:D:D:D:D:D
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am seriously concerned about urban foxes and other predators. Perhaps they could be mobilised and put to use protecting us from invasions, including badgers and such like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D:D:D

MI5 don't share your views.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    I am seriously concerned about urban foxes and other predators. Perhaps they could be mobilised and put to use protecting us from invasions, including badgers and such like.

You'll be safe for a while.But they'll find you in the end.Give them 2 or 3 more years.Looking for 'soft' targets.
  • confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »

^^^^ this and false brown widow spiders, killer bees and biting ladybirds, they could sort out every issue on these boards:)
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think a parade of the troops through tower hamlets would go down well
  • McMahauldMcMahauld Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Banksters & Oil Barons will decide.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on our own damn streets, the police can't handle some of the problems on them!
  • lucifer samlucifer sam Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Herding cats and hedgehogs and catching daddylonglegses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Herding cats and hedgehogs and catching daddylonglegses.

Easy for you to spell at this hour!
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a sneaking suspicion that the OP doesn't exactly know how the military works in this Country.
  • Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here goes, these are my suggestions:-
      A reduction in the budget and size of the armed forces of about 20%. Most of the rest of the public sector have had to accept major cuts, now its militaries turn. 2. The remaining forces should be retrained and re-equipped for civil defence roles, by that I mean to assist to a greater extent than they presently do in major incidents such as floods and for instance this weekends expected storms. Working closely with the other emergency services especially the fire service when they are stretched.

And no we don't 'need them on the streets'. Anybody who has been out on a Friday or Saturday night near any of our garrison towns or ports will know what I mean.