Options

BAFTA for "Our Cilla"!

jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
Forum Member
✭✭
The "fragrant and ever-popular" Ms Black is to receive a Lifetime Achievement TV BAFTA on Sunday.

Not that it will make any difference but I just wonder what all those people she has apparently treated like dirt over the years might think about this?

I also wonder what's next on the agenda...a Damehood maybe?!

Comments

• Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So she's sop hard up she needs to advertise ads for the "Over 50s, put lots of money in and if you live too long you'll put in much more than your family will get out"

Between her and Michael Parkinson, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Cilla is such a patronising old witch - just what has she done for the arts?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »

Cilla is such a patronising old witch - just what has she done for the arts?

I'm sure we will find out on Sunday via some puke-inducing video cobbled together by her merry band of luvvie mates.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG, they're fawning all over her on Loose Women right now and- OP, you saw it coming- wanting to make her a dame. I feel just a bit sick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Loose Women have gone into maximum overdrive in their a***licking of Ms Black. Not only did they have her walk on via a red carpet, Sherrie Hewson has also just said she should be the next Dame, as the whole country loves her (?) and that she's an institution. What rot!!!

As I was typing, just saw a little crack in that front Cilla puts up...she welled up and nearly lost it when she mentioned 'losing her Bobby'.
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    OMG, they're fawning all over her on Loose Women right now and- OP, you saw it coming- wanting to make her a dame. I feel just a bit sick.

Didn't I just....what have I started???
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    As long as they dont ask her to sing...
  • Options
    Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't know one person who likes her. I remember when she used to sing at the end of Surprise, Surprise my dad used to change the lyrics to "a bullet hits you between the eyes"
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Can't stand her, never could.

My Dad used to fly for the telly to change channels when she came on, saying each time, 'Listen to her, singing out of her @r$€'.
  • Options
    dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have friend ex pilot,he said the most rude revolting 'celeb' ever. Nasty piece of work. Proffesional 'pudlian' lost her accent years ago.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    jiroos wrote: »
    The "fragrant and ever-popular" Ms Black is to receive a Lifetime Achievement TV BAFTA on Sunday.

No. Not in 2014 she isn't.
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why do people like the loose women and paul o Grady etc think the sun shines out of her backside ?

and why do these people also think she is talented , she was a mediocre singer , a cheesy tv presenter .

and she keeps banging on about the Beatles zzz when in reality paul does not like her
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    She was probably a ****-hag to Brian Epstein, given her track record with gay men (Dale, Biggins, POG etc), he repaid her with fame.

It certainly wasn't due to talent!
  • Options
    IRITALIAIRITALIA Posts: 6,508
    Forum Member
    I really thought she was a dame already! :blush:

Real personality apart, I admit to liking many of her hits in the early years and have enjoyed her TV shows over the years. :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    No. Not in 2014 she isn't.

My tongue was so firmly nestled in my cheek here that I literally could not speak...:D
  • Options
    ukbadgeukbadge Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Is that a wig she wears now?
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Cilla, the Scouse Queen, who loves Liverpool so much, she lives in the gritty suburb of, erm, Denham, Buckinghamshire, the village where the golf club has its own railway station.
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    spookyLX wrote: »
    why do people like the loose women and paul o Grady etc think the sun shines out of her backside ?

and why do these people also think she is talented , she was a mediocre singer , a cheesy tv presenter .

and she keeps banging on about the Beatles zzz when in reality paul does not like her
    Do you know this for sure? (genuine question)

I saw her a few years ago on a tv programme and she said that the British public were lucky to have her ...and no she wasn't joking.>:(

Can't stand her!!
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the late Frankie Howerd wasn't so fond of Ms Black as he commented that she was the one & only woman he knew who had two backs.

I knew what he meant by that remark as Cilla would double over in laughter, putting herself in such a peculiar position making her look like if she had two backs than one.

Also I remember reading a theatre review on some particular pantomime which Ms Black was starring in. She had asked the audience what they wanted her to do something to get rid of King Rat, a young voice from the stalls quickly piped up: "Sing to him!" The look on her face was of "utter devastation". How I laughed at that.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=jiroos;72579034
    As I was typing, just saw a little crack in that front Cilla puts up...she welled up and nearly lost it when she mentioned 'losing her Bobby'.
    [/QUOTE]

Of course, you realise that in Glasgow, a Boaby (as it is pronounced there) is a cock!

Maybe that's what she needs to stuff in her gob and shut her up!
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    Do you know this for sure? (genuine question)

I saw her a few years ago on a tv programme and she said that the British public were lucky to have her ...and no she wasn't joking.>:(

Can't stand her!!

She keeps banging on about how Paul ignores her now in nearly every interview she does , think it has been for a few years now ,
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    worra lorra rancour for ar Cilla!
  • Options
    Pablo79Pablo79 Posts: 200
    Forum Member
  • Options
    TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Cilla, the Scouse Queen, who loves Liverpool so much, she lives in the gritty suburb of, erm, Denham, Buckinghamshire, the village where the golf club has its own railway station.

Oh quite, a professional Scouser down here with us Southerners rather than being with her kinfolk.
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I missing something, what has she done to deserve a BAFTA?

What is her lasting contribution exactly to Film & Television ... remember this is a television, not a music award. She has presented 3 shows, Blind Date (stopped that 9 years ago), Surprise Surprise (stopped that 13 years ago), and Moment of Truth (stopped 13 years ago). Did any of these change Television? She didn't come up with the idea, produce them, or write them.

I cannot, for the life of me, work out why she is getting a television award.
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Am I missing something, what has she done to deserve a BAFTA?

What is her lasting contribution exactly to Film & Television ... remember this is a television, not a music award. She has presented 3 shows, Blind Date (stopped that 9 years ago), Surprise Surprise (stopped that 13 years ago), and Moment of Truth (stopped 13 years ago). Did any of these change Television? She didn't come up with the idea, produce them, or write them.

I cannot, for the life of me, work out why she is getting a television award.

Hate Cilla Black and agree with your post but you've just reminded me how much I used to love that Moment of Truth show!
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't know one person who likes her. I remember when she used to sing at the end of Surprise, Surprise my dad used to change the lyrics to "a bullet hits you between the eyes"

What a charming man your dad sounds. Lovely little memory of him you got there too!

Only on D'S would you see an old lady get emotional about her dead husband and use it against her. Horrible bunch of people on this site. Queue the obligatory "I can write what I like, don't come on DS then" replies.