Options

Dear Mr Fixture Computer...

Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When you release the fixtures for the 2014-15 season on Wednesday 18th June, could you please ensure that my club, Swindon Town, have a home game on Friday 26th December 2014 as we have not hosted a game on this date since 2006.

Given the geographical make-up of League 1 for the 2014-15 season, it could be the only guaranteed opportunity of a five-figure attendance at the County Ground in the league this coming season.

Yours sincerely,

Armagideon Time

Comments

• Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you release the fixtures for the 2014-15 season on Wednesday 18th June, could you please ensure that my club, Swindon Town, have a home game on Friday 26th December 2014 as we have not hosted a game on this date since 2006.

Given the geographical make-up of League 1 for the 2014-15 season, it could be the only guaranteed opportunity of a five-figure attendance at the County Ground in the league this coming season.

Yours sincerely,

Armagideon Time

I'm sure you've posted a couple of threads about this before. But its still a good letter

County are in a similar situation as we haven't had a Boxing Day home game since 2007 (though we had boxing day home games postponed in 2009 and 2010). None of our away boxing day fixtures since 2007 have been called off though

I would be absolutely delighted if County got Sheff Utd or Coventry at home on boxing day, as that would be our only oppourtunity for a five-figure attendance
  • Options
    Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    I'm sure you've posted a couple of threads about this before. But its still a good letter

County are in a similar situation as we haven't had a Boxing Day home game since 2007 (though we had boxing day home games postponed in 2009 and 2010). None of our away boxing day fixtures since 2007 have been called off though

I would be absolutely delighted if County got Sheff Utd or Coventry at home on boxing day, as that would be our only oppourtunity for a five-figure attendance

Yes I have! I originally started a thread on the continual scheduled away Boxing Day fixture for Swindon back in 2012, as it was the 6th consecutive year of an away game on Boxing Day (though the game - at Leyton Orient - was called off due to a waterlogged pitch; likewise Boxing Day 2010 at Exeter) and I bumped the thread last year to update it to 7 years.

I tried to search the thread to incorporate in the opening post but it appears to have gone walkies!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I have! I originally started a thread on the continual scheduled away Boxing Day fixture for Swindon back in 2012, as it was the 6th consecutive year of an away game on Boxing Day (though the game - at Leyton Orient - was called off due to a waterlogged pitch; likewise Boxing Day 2010 at Exeter) and I bumped the thread last year to update it to 7 years.

I tried to search the thread to incorporate in the opening post but it appears to have gone walkies!

Fingers crossed that we both get home games on Boxing Day
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear Sky,

I know you insist on showing Charlton only once a year, thus depriving us of TV money, but can that one live game show us away from home, and against a team other than Millwall?

Furthermore, can you please stop showing Leeds every other week?

Many Thanks,

Nick
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ So it wasn't just Bournemouth who only had the contractually obliged one live game last season?
  • Options
    James1953James1953 Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fixtures out at 9.00 this morning

Be interesting to see if any of the 'big boys' are due to play each other in the first few games.
    Players that have been involved in the World Cup usually start back later so some teams wont be at 'full strength'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Champions City away to Newcastle followed by Liverpool at home
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chelsea appear to have the most straight forward start with Burnley, Leicester, Everton and Swansea
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having said that Man Utd have Swansea,Sunderland,Burnley,QPR,Leicester and West Ham as their first 6 games

Don't think they could have handpicked a better start
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,485
    Forum Member
    James1953 wrote: »
    Having said that Man Utd have Swansea,Sunderland,Burnley,QPR,Leicester and West Ham as their first 6 games

Don't think they could have handpicked a better start

Must have been the start Moyes was expecting! ;-)
  • Options
    cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    The OP'S wish has not been granted.
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    cantos wrote: »

Indeed Swindon away at Walsall, had to laugh when i saw that.
  • Options
    kingofcakeskingofcakes Posts: 2,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first Merseyside Derby of the season is being held at Anfield, for the first time since the 2002-2003 season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed Swindon away at Walsall, had to laugh when i saw that.

Oh dear, he will be so angry. As for County, we finally have a home game on Boxing Day this year against MK Dons who we played at home when we last had a Boxing Day home game in 2007
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,077
    Forum Member
    Watford at home on Boxing Day and the final day again plus opening day.

Few long mid week trips to Blackpool, Wigan and Rotherham though.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starting off with Everton at home, am I mental to be a bit giddy about it :D
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    I was giddy about getting Spurs at home for our first Premier League game last year. They ended up winning through a dodgy penalty decision.

At least it made it clear early on what to expect in this league. ;-)
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm man city again (for the second season running )! . Hopefully aguero, toure etc will knackered due to the World Cup and we will hopefully have a few new signings (please mike ashly) :p
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got another month for our fixtures to come out.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everton v Tottenham on the last day. Potential 4th place decider?
  • Options
    JustinQPRJustinQPR Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Decent start for us, especially at home with Hull, Sunderland and Stoke first up.

Hull fans, back your boys to win 6-0. Our previous two opening home games in the PL have finished 0-4, 0-5...
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everton v Tottenham on the last day. Potential 4th place decider?

How? The game does not involve Arsenal?
  • Options
    19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Followed by Chelsea away, Arsenal home, Stoke away and then Man Utd home :o

Welcome Back Leicester City!.

At least the run in looks a bit easier.
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cantos wrote: »

Oh dear
  • Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Dear Sky,

I know you insist on showing Charlton only once a year, thus depriving us of TV money, but can that one live game show us away from home, and against a team other than Millwall?

Furthermore, can you please stop showing Leeds every other week?

Many Thanks,

Nick
    Reason why we (leeds) are on as we get (unbelievably as this may sound ) one of biggest viewing figures in the country, and by far best in championship.