Options

Given up on BB

daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just dreadful it has become like self inflicted torture . You would get one or two decent ones but this series anyone who is half decent gets engulfed in all the crap. It also was interesting that the article about BB (posted on here) by the Mirror the journalist openly says it is a fix. If that were not true then C5 would sue the paper
So from now on I will read about the misgivings or otherwise on here. I cannot encourage /help ratings they don't deserve viewers.

Comments

• Options
    Speckled_HenSpeckled_Hen Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree. Last night, Matthew's eviction, coupled with Emma's odd behavior, and the producer's blatant attempt to white-wash Helen and cast Ashleigh in a negative light was the turning point for me. Ever since, I've not had the interest to watch. I always knew the show was manipulated and fixed to some degree, but now it's just egregious and shockingly obvious. It's no longer the show I used to love. It's been very disappointing to watch Ch. 5 gradually destroy this once great show.

New more appropriate title for the present series: "Keeping up with Helen and Friends."
  • Options
    white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I'm really not interested in watching deserving HMs get 'picked off' by the nasty Helen mob. Nor the toe-curling 'romances'. Ashleigh's challenge was the only fascinating dynamic but now it's just Helen's crew it's just unpleasant viewing.
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i love it.
    the entertainment is not to everyones taste though

a bit like people who like bbc4 dont like bbc3 and bbc3 dont like bbc4...

there is a lot of entertainment and stuff to see, it just isnt everyone's cup of tea
  • Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I'm really not interested in watching deserving HMs get 'picked off' by the nasty Helen mob. Nor the toe-curling 'romances'. Ashleigh's challenge was the only fascinating dynamic but now it's just Helen's crew it's just unpleasant viewing.

so who was the last person picked off by the "helen mob"

the show stopped that from happening! all series the tasks have stopped cliques and secrets forming. that is the big difference... it is like "secrets and lies" but with a major difference, no actual secrets and lies can form for any time.

the power idea also confused many viewers.. they assumed what power meant... yet at no point has power been as they assumed.. yet still they go on about it as if it was how they assumed it would.

i wonder if people actually always understand what it is they see, or if they get their "ideas" from just what they guess or assume is happening from not actually checking their expectation is what is occurring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    I've had enough of people complaining on here....
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the secret is to not take it too seriously.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love it.

there is a lot of entertainment and stuff to see, it just isnt everyone's cup of tea

Like what? :confused:
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love it.

Just out of curiosity - how old are you and are you relating to the monsters in that house?

I stopped watching the show ..... the HMs to me are just unwatchable.
  • Options
    Speckled_HenSpeckled_Hen Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched anything since Friday night's eviction and I can't say I miss it. I've been loosely keeping up with what's going on here and it sounds like I'm not missing anything at all, save a lot of butt-kissing and sloppy cringey showmance scenes. I might tune back in if the arsehole gang gets a comeuppance but until then, I just can't bear to watch anymore.
  • Options
    tfftff Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched anything since Friday night's eviction and I can't say I miss it. I've been loosely keeping up with what's going on here and it sounds like I'm not missing anything at all, save a lot of butt-kissing and sloppy cringey showmance scenes. I might tune back in if the arsehole gang gets a comeuppance but until then, I just can't bear to watch anymore.

Yeah, I didn't watch Friday nor Saturday and followed up on clips and this forum.

I don't want to be held hostage by Helen's rants as all the housemates seem to be and I don't want to watch Steven obsess himself into a delusional romance.
  • Options
    Nocturnal MumNocturnal Mum Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had enough of people complaining on here....

They'll come back when Marlon gets evicted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    I've stopped watching bbbots in favour of watching Big Brother US, the house is full of ordinary people ( shan't say normal lol ) & i'm finding it entertaining viewing.

I won't stop watching the main bbuk show, but after the last series this one feels rather a let down.

I'm hoping the celebrity version will be better, as the last one was fantastic.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    After Helens choice turn of phrase last night, I thought "why are you watching this dreadful woman ruining the show"

I am a long term BB watcher and after Charlotte won, I felt is all going to the dogs but this series is just dire, I do not think it has ever stooped so low.
  • Options
    Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My feelings exactly, though I did stick with it long enough to find out who's up for eviction this week which consists of the only person left who I really like, all the other people I don't mind plus one I detest. But it seems the latter is unlikely to go. I'm sick of the bunch of smug narcissists sitting around preening themselves all day long so until I hear something has happened to upset their complacency I'm going to find something better to do with my time. For me this series has been ruined by giving the vile Wood creature a pass to the final.
  • Options
    Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    Gave up ages ago. The Channel 4 days are a distant memory.

Can see the civillian version gone.
  • Options
    Oracles_eyeOracles_eye Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the secret is to not take it too seriously.

Exactly, I'm the first to bitch moan and squeal but I fing love it.

I may have slight issues with the warning system which should be tighter.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same here, its so predictable from now on. Out will go
    Ashleigh, Christopher, Chris, in that order. Ensuring Helen, Ash Mark and Winston are there for the final. The producers seem very keen to keep Helen she is spoiling it for me and a lot of other people.
    She is not entertaining she is just nasty, how she and Ash got away with discussing who to nominate and not get punished was the end for me.