Oh bless him

An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
Forum Member
Marlon He looked so dejected the silly oaf. :cry: I want to give him a hug. Hope someone forgave him.

Comments

• threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't watched the show but from the clips I have seen he will probably be like a little mouse in the house now.

One thing that HMs always fail to remember that what pees them off in there doesn't always pee off the public, they will put him up next week and expect him out but we will be fed a different villain next week :)
  • Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    His bed is his only friend. I think if he could stay in it all day he would. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    He's mad for apologising, should have told them straight Marlon
  • Oracles_eyeOracles_eye Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has done himself a favour, I always like it when they are on rations, I doubt he would win, in saying that like it's been said they may vote for him but with Armageddon round the corner hopefully next week war is declared and it's a power housemate usurping free for all no holds barred assassination power struggle.
  • sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winston really went over the top, with friends like him in the house who needs enemies.
  • Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What choice did he have? Begging their forgiveness to try and worm his way back into his pathetic boy gang was about the only thing he could do.

It will probably work but only at the expense of any respect he may once have had.
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    I think Marlon has been demasculated (is that a word?). Perhaps he'll stop being like a puppy dog round Helen, Ash and Winston now.
  • ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was cringe to watch someone needs to tell him the world is not coming to an end it's just a game
  • diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member
    He has reaped just what he sowed.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Rikki65 wrote: »
    I think Marlon has been demasculated (is that a word?). Perhaps he'll stop being like a puppy dog round Helen, Ash and Winston now.

Drop the d then it is a word. :)
    Iggy's Boy wrote: »
    What choice did he have? Begging their forgiveness to try and worm his way back into his pathetic boy gang was about the only thing he could do.

It will probably work but only at the expense of any respect he may once have had.

I know he had no choice but I felt so sorry for him sloping off on his own like that. He's been a chump but I couldn't have let him walk away like that. :(
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for him, i feel he has no reason to apologise and they have gone over the top.
  • Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drop the d then it is a word. :)

I know he had no choice but I felt so sorry for him sloping off on his own like that. He's been a chump but I couldn't have let him walk away like that. :(

I find it difficult to feel sorry for him. He has never, as far as I remember, stood up for anyone on the end of Helen's disgusting attacks. He has been quite happy to lounge around, making sexist remarks and sulking when things don't go his way.
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marlon He looked so dejected the silly oaf. :cry: I want to give him a hug. Hope someone forgave him.

Yes, I might not be a fan of Marlons but it is not nice to be ostracised by the whole group like that, they were very mean spirited and as much as they might have initially been angry they should get over it. Winston and Mark are selfish themselves, they are only worried about food and Mark about his products and using his grooming implements.

I think it says more about the others than Marlon really. They are all in the house to win BB for themselves and I am sure there was more men in the house that would have saved themselves other than Marlon. I think both Steven and Ash would have done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I might not be a fan of Marlons but it is not nice to be ostracised by the whole group like that, they were very mean spirited and as much as they might have initially been angry they should get over it. Winston and Mark are selfish themselves, they are only worried about food and Mark about his products and using his grooming implements.

I think it says more about the others than Marlon really. They are all in the house to win BB for themselves and I am sure there was more men in the house that would have saved themselves other than Marlon. I think both Steven and Ash would have done.

Exactly each have their own definition of winning, some it's infamy some acceptance, others the actual cash.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

From the HLs Danielle was the only one who sat and talked to him, she didn't seem that bothered by it. I'm not keen on Marlon and wanted him to go this week but I felt for him. It was a total over reaction by the rest of them. He honestly thought his mates would be pleased, just shows that they're all out for themselves, friendship seems to mean nothing in the house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is on a journey which means everything to him. It has been amazing to watch him growing with every performance.
    Keep it real Marlon, and don't let anyone tell you to take your hand out of your pants.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt sorry for the lad tonight.

If it had been, say, Ash stood in his place he'd have pressed the button like a shot to save himself and Helen, Winston, Stevo and even Marlon himself would have been cheering and fist-pumping for him and saying how they would manage on basic rations.

It was very decent of Danielle to offer him a little human kindness and understanding when everyone else turned their backs on him.

He was never really a part of the cool kids anyway, they just tolerated him. At least he knows (or should) where he stands with them now. He has no real friends and those he thought of as friends, especially Winston, Ash and Jale had nothing but contempt, condemnation and guilt trips for him.

Should he have pressed the button? That's debatable, but he was given the option and took it. His actions have put my two favourite HMs (Ashleigh and Christopher) at greater risk but I don't blame the lad for playing the game of survival and saving himself.
  • VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danielle stepped up quickly , it was really nice. Throughout HLs he went over it all, the act, the motivation, the reactions of everyone, why she was upset about it with Jale. Like they have always done. She's like a big sister to him. He seems to want it, like it and appreciate the time and attention.

It was a tough day for Marlon. :(
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    From the HLs Danielle was the only one who sat and talked to him, she didn't seem that bothered by it. I'm not keen on Marlon and wanted him to go this week but I felt for him. It was a total over reaction by the rest of them. He honestly thought his mates would be pleased, just shows that they're all out for themselves, friendship seems to mean nothing in the house.

Agreed :(

He is very young for his years - he really doesn't get it. TBH - neither do I. He just wants to stay another week with his so called 'friends'. He naively thought they'd be pleased for him.

OK it's clear they're not the friends he thought they were but come on - they all got their treats didn't they? They're not gonna starve.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Vesna wrote: »
    Danielle stepped up quickly , it was really nice. Throughout HLs he went over it all, the act, the motivation, the reactions of everyone, why she was upset about it with Jale. Like they have always done. She's like a big sister to him. He seems to want it, like it and appreciate the time and attention.

It was a tough day for Marlon. :(

It really was. I did feel sorry for him. Danielle was a little star. Good for her, and I hope he remembers this in days to come.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He is very young for his years - he really doesn't get it. TBH - neither do I. He just wants to stay another week with his so called 'friends'. He naively thought they'd be pleased for him.

OK it's clear they're not the friends he thought they were but come on - they all got their treats didn't they? They're not gonna starve.

He did his "friends" a favour by having almost all the none cool kids up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

True penny. They never starve, isn't BB giving some of them a party tonight? I'd imagine there will be lots of food and drink too.
  • rhizo_maniarhizo_mania Posts: 4,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He lived by the sword, and he will now die by the sword.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Even though I think he's a t*** I felt sorry for him.
  • playa1playa1 Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winston overreacted I think and used it as a chance to distance himself from the 'boy band'. If he was really a friend he could have disapproved in a nicer way.