London getting the Monopoly on Clothing Ranges

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
Forum Member
Apologies if this has already been covered, as I haven't posted on this Forum before.

Basically I'm fed up with London Stores having better clothing ranges/Lines than the rest of the country.
Every time I see an outfit in a magazine, I will try and go and out and find it or an individual item. I'm not talking expensive designer items either, just High St stores like New Look etc etc.

When I pop into what I consider to be a large store and I cannot find the item, I'm often told it will be in their larger London Store...why???...how big does the store have to be??? and why London???

My Nearest huge shopping area is Norwich and that still isn't big enough for them to stock all the items you would see on the stores web sites, brochures etc.

And I'm not paying nearly £40 return to go into London just to buy a £30 top or whatever.

Does anyone feel that Magazines seem to veer towards people living in London and treat them as better fashionistas?

Comments

• gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Yeah i agree, i see stuff in magazines that i never ever see in my high street stores and i would consider Sheffield a large enough city for shops to stock everything.
    I really hate Topshop's exclusive to oxford street or online thing as i prefer to try things on first, as i never know what size to get and i love a lot of their exclusive stuff.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    yes I agree with the OP

Evn though we have big stores at the Metro Center we do not get advertised goods
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,165
    Forum Member
    Indeed, that's one of the reasons why I can't leave the place! :o
  • fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    chances are if its a high street shop you can buy online anyway
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    fi~ wrote: »
    chances are if its a high street shop you can buy online anyway

The only Trouble with online is you cannot try it on, feel it's quality etc, not saying I haven't bought online, it's just I like to actually put my hands on some products I wish to buy.
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    London rules baby! That's why!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    I suspect it's to get people shopping online and paying extortionate postage prices...