Options

Stuart's firing was a DISGRACE!

The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Oh, so Alan Sugar doesn't like a liar? Is that it?

So your employee Lee McQueen didn't lie in his CV? At age 28???

Stuart was a little bit economical with the truth, but the lad is 21 years old, I dare say he really did imagine he had a fully licensed telecoms company, as far as he was concerned he did.

Sugar had no right to lambast him the way he did. Just so all the viewing public who hate him can bounce for joy on their couches that he's finally got his just desserts.

'Ive been weak, you've brought out this weakness in me' - No mate, it's called senilty, you made the decision to fire Liz and you alone, it wasn't Stuart's fault. Stuart is making money in his business, he didn't lie about that, just a quibble about the term fully licensed. No reason at all to scream at him in a ratings-boosting effort. You put him through to the interviews purely to fire him a week later. I can see through you Sugar - and your leader - The BBC!

Baggs had to go of course, don't get me wrong, he has been nowhere near the strongest candidate, but it was the manner of the firing! Bang out of order and I know I'm gonna get loads of you saying 'wah wah the fat wa**ker deserved it'...but he did NOT deserve it! I feel sorry for the kid.

Comments

• Options
    Velvet GloveVelvet Glove Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You only had to watch his face when Bordan uncovered about the licence - he definitely knew what a full licence meant.

I am very disappointed that Ed Byrne was clearly on a gagging order during You're Fired...
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    I'm sure you've startewd this thread just to be controversial. Personally thought it couldnt have happened to a more deserving person:D
  • Options
    Mona LocaMona Loca Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should have been sacked last week. He was only kept on because his interviews would make good TV.
  • Options
    tiggosaurustiggosaurus Posts: 3,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right - it should have happened WEEKS ago! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have not. I've been backing Stuart for weeks, read back my posts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right - it should have happened WEEKS ago! :rolleyes:

Yeah, thats true...but it didn't. Cos old man Sugar didnt notice, cos he's losing it.
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree.

The whole licence thing had been blown out of all proportion as an excuse for ridding themselves of Stuart who by and large worked hard during the time he was there.

Just because he is 21 dos'nt give them the right to fire him that way.

Other candidates have probably lied about far worse things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    LS did blame himself for putting him through in the expense of Liz but I agree it was kinda of cruel to fire him in the way he did especially since he put in through in the first place.

If the world was great then he should of got fired last week and Liz would be in the final/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    I agree.

The whole licence thing had been blown out of all proportion as an excuse for ridding themselves of Stuart who by and large worked hard during the time he was there.

Oh they have!
  • Options
    ClassicsGuyClassicsGuy Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that Stuart should have gone weeks ago, but the original poster was spot on with the Lee McQueen comparison.

Lying on your CV is not good, but McQueen did it and it never affected his chances of getting the job did it?

Smacks of double standards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    It was way out of proportion with what he had done, he's previously hired a liar!

Think Stu needed a bit of a reality check but there was zero reason to smack him down like that.
  • Options
    ClassicsGuyClassicsGuy Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He clearly put Stuart through last week in order to humiliate him this week.

Most fans of the Apprentice will have predicted this, especially how vicious Sugar's mates are when interviewing candidates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So publicly, in front of all the others. And even they were shocked.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, thats true...but it didn't. Cos old man Sugar didnt notice, cos he's losing it.

Or the production team were 'shrewd' enough to realise he made for great TV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Baggs came out best out of the 3 fired candidates. He does know is technical stuff and was only tripped up on regulatory technicalities. He does run a proper business and is successful.

If anybody out of this bunch is remembered in a couple of years it will be Stuart Baggs "The Brand".

He's the only one with what The Lord Sugar said he was looking for. Exceptional, Innovative etc...
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    I agree.

Yes - it's completely AS's problem if he fired Liz on a whim.

Also Stuart repeatedly offered an explanation and all that was screened was Viglen Man and LAS saying 'I don't want to hear it.'

If you screen an accusation of someone of lying on their CV I think you should show their explanation, even if only to shoot it down in flames.

I did wonder if The Brand's position in You're Fired - third when he was the first off, and with 15 minutes to himself - was some kind of deal because they stitched him up in the main episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Or the production team were 'shrewd' enough to realise he made for great TV.

Reckon they told him to really have a go at Stuart then?
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He clearly put Stuart through last week in order to humiliate him this week.

Most fans of the Apprentice will have predicted this, especially how vicious Sugar's mates are when interviewing candidates.

I would'nt use the word vicious, just rude obnoxious and totally unprofessional (except Margaret)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Spratt wrote: »
    Yes - it's completely AS's problem if he fired Liz on a whim.

Also Stuart repeatedly offered an explanation and all that was screened was Viglen Man and LAS saying 'I don't want to hear it.'

If you screen an accusation of someone of lying on their CV I think you should show their explanation, even if only to shoot it down in flames.

I did wonder if The Brand's position in You're Fired - third when he was the first off, and with 15 minutes to himself - was some kind of deal because they stitched him up in the main episode.

Fraid not, its cos he's the one they've been waiting for and they didnt want the other two to impinge on his time too much.
  • Options
    jencojenco Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Stuart's firing was disgraceful. What he wrote on his CV was possibly stretching the truth but I am certain there was the same on the others' CVs. This seemed a complete setup to try and justify having a go at Stuart and 'cutting him down to size'. There was no mention of his claim of £3million turnover which suggests that that is true or they'd have nit-picked that. Or him being Company Director. I know he's outrageous with his cockiness but give him credit in that he's doing a lot at a very young age.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fraid not, its cos he's the one they've been waiting for and they didnt want the other two to impinge on his time too much.

Oh, are you on the production team? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Spratt wrote: »
    Oh, are you on the production team? :confused:

Yes, actually.

(No, I'm not, but it was fairly obvious, it would normally go in the order they were fired)
  • Options
    notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok....so stuart.........blagged it.............he is arrogant,.......he is 21............who at 21 isn't...? got to give him his dues, he was good tv........he has and wll have more get up and go than the final 2.......he was and is a tit , but after tonight i get him............he probs is unique, the other candidates are borringly expexted
    ]
    stuart at least has/had passion, and at the grand old age of 21 a certain amount of ......well wot the fuc(*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenco wrote: »
    Stuart's firing was disgraceful. What he wrote on his CV was possibly stretching the truth but I am certain there was the same on the others' CVs. This seemed a complete setup to try and justify having a go at Stuart and 'cutting him down to size'. There was no mention of his claim of £3million turnover which suggests that that is true or they'd have nit-picked that. Or him being Company Director. I know he's outrageous with his cockiness but give him credit in that he's doing a lot at a very young age.

Yeah, no mention of his PROFIT MAKING business at the age of 21. Stella hasn't done that, Chris hasn't done that and Jamie's business was on the verge of going bust.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, actually.

(No, I'm not...)

:rolleyes:

So as I thought, you are expressing an opinion, which is no better nor worse than my opinion.