Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I'm one of those people:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    I also think its rude when very small children who can easily sit on their parent's lap, and who are too small to pay a fare, take up a seat. I hate bad manners.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Canks wrote: »
    I also think its rude when very small children who can easily sit on their parent's lap, and who are too small to pay a fare, take up a seat. I hate bad manners.

I hate it when there are like two parents with prams already on the bus and a third person with a pram gets on knowing there is no space for it.
  • Options
    StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worse, those that do this on long distance national express journeys
    you have paid a lot of money for your seat, so you should not be denied it
    and standing is against the law in this case, everyone must wear seatbelts
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,286
    Forum Member
    Seriously though, Biffo, you do not touch other people's stuff, you ask them politely to move it. Acting offended when the 'cheeky chappy' routine fails and calling them "inconsiderate morons" on an internet forum after the fact makes you seem a bit of a plonker.

I agree.

If I was that woman I would have been really annoyed that you not only touched my stuff, but then put it on my lap. It comes across as really rude/space invading. All you have ti do is politely ask and I bet 99% of people will move their stuff.

What does irritate me though is in the past I've been on trains and asked people to move their shopping off of an empty seat- and then they deeply sigh and huff and puff as if it's some great hardship! Still preferable to moving it myself though.
  • Options
    Iain_CampbellIain_Campbell Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    CBFreak wrote: »
    I hate it when there are like two parents with prams already on the bus and a third person with a pram gets on knowing there is no space for it.

then thats the drivers fault i think for letting them on.
  • Options
    BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno if it's apocryphal but remember reading about guy who politely asked someone to remove their dog from a bus seat and was met with resistance. He then loudly exclaimed "THAT DOG IS WIPING IT'S ANUS ON THE SEAT, REMOVE IT AT ONCE!" Can't actually remember exact outcome..... think said dog and owner swiftly left the bus.
  • Options
    Wine MonsterWine Monster Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    If I have a bag with me whilst sat down on the bus, I always put the bag next to me to stop people I don't like the look of from sitting next to me! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    If I have a bag with me whilst sat down on the bus, I always put the bag next to me to stop people I don't like the look of from sitting next to me! :p

or a wet umbrella :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    I put my bag next to me because I don't want one of the great unwashed sitting next to me.

Have a shower before getting on the bus and maybe I'll leave the seat next to me empty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like to use my bag in case the bus is almost full except seats next to someone else, so instead of new people sitting next to me they sit next to the poor sap who didn't think of it.
  • Options
    adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    I like to use my bag in case the bus is almost full except seats next to someone else, so instead of new people sitting next to me they sit next to the poor sap who didn't think of it.

Except I would ask to sit down next to you rather than those other poor saps.
  • Options
    bridgerrbridgerr Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Under condition of carriage unless you have paid extra for the seats you are occupying then it's a criminal offense to take up no more than the seat you've paid for yourself.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    these people are doing it all wrong don't put a bag on the seat to stop people sitting there, what you do is as the person approaches tap the seat with your hand and smile at them , there is no way in hell they will sit there then
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    these people are doing it all wrong don't put a bag on the seat to stop people sitting there, what you do is as the person approaches tap the seat with your hand and smile at them , there is no way in hell they will sit there then

This is DS - most people on here would take that as a come on.
  • Options
    Wine MonsterWine Monster Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    bridgerr wrote: »
    Under condition of carriage unless you have paid extra for the seats you are occupying then it's a criminal offense to take up no more than the seat you've paid for yourself.
    It doesn't say that on the "condition of carriage" page on the Stagecoach website! :confused:
  • Options
    KirkfnwKirkfnw Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's more funny for the fact that people actually use public transport, LOL. :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirkfnw wrote: »
    It's more funny for the fact that people actually use public transport, LOL. :p:D

God - you have to laugh at provincial folk.
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    what's worse is when people are sitting on a window seat with their bag besides them and the window meaning their arsecheek is invading the spare seat only leaving half of it free:mad:

there really are some ignorant twonks around and dont get me started on the personal hygeine of public transport passengers - actually anyone refuses to move a bag just start coughing over them:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adopter wrote: »
    Except I would ask to sit down next to you rather than those other poor saps.

And I would point to one of the other seats. :D
  • Options
    Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    This annoys the hell out of me! As another poster mentioned, the people who sit in the seat closest the walkway and block the other seat too!

i have to sit nearest the walkway as i have arthritis in my knees and have to be able to stretch my legs what really annoys me is people with young children who sit them in a seat next to them when the bus is full why not just sit them on your laps after all under 5 travel free
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirkfnw wrote: »

I save a lot of money each year taking public transport to work :p even if standing in the rain can be a pain. :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    well my bags will be on the seat tomorrow, so there :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I moved a woman's handbag some time ago so I could sit down and she said something along the lines of 'how dare you move my bag etc.' when all I'd done was put it on her lap while saying 'let me just move that for you'.

i'd be pissed off too if someone moved my stuff! you could have tried asking her politely first, people normally respond happily if asked nicely. 'let me just move that for you' sounds very patronising and antagonistic to me, lucky you didn't get a smack in the mouth really.
  • Options
    Rawr!Rawr! Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    i'd be pissed off too if someone moved my stuff! you could have tried asking her politely first, people normally respond happily if asked nicely. 'let me just move that for you' sounds very patronising and antagonistic to me, lucky you didn't get a smack in the mouth really.

Would you smack someone in the mouth for that? It seems a bit petty to me.

I'll ask someone to move their bag, if they refuse I'll sit on it. They're welcome to smack me in the mouth if they want.