Options

EE: Bobby - Evil or a Mistake?

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoobsRoobs Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Apparently they were inspired by "We Need to Talk About Kevin", so I'm guessing Bobby really is... disturbed.
  • Options
    Tombo60Tombo60 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    hope they don't turn him into a psycho kid, with behaviour problems, after being a nice quiet kid ..it was rather random, him being a killer after reading about Pooh

Abi & Ben used to be sweet little children thatdanced to Lady Gaga and look how that turned out :D
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EVIL

Pure bloody evil and I am not buying all this it was mistake and he doesn't know crap. If he thought she was just hurt why didn't he go and get Cindy, Denise or Ian, the little omen child knew they were in. He slyly called Jane.

What is worse is that Lucy has been more of a mother to Bobby than anyone else, she has been the one consistent female in his life, the closeness of the two when Ian buggered off due to his breakdown was clear and apparent to viewers. That's why I find it hard to swallow that Bobby attacked her.
  • Options
    TesphenTesphen Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He clearly feels guilty. How else do you explain him going off to the Common to sleep where they found Lucy's body?
  • Options
    Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    hope they don't turn him into a psycho kid, with behaviour problems, after being a nice quiet kid ..it was rather random, him being a killer after reading about Pooh

I think that's exactly the route they'll take. He killed his sister. Yeah, he doesn't know it (yet), but how many times - in any soap - are secrets like that kept? People don't come back from that and he won't. My guess is they'll take him down the Ben Mitchell road.
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Louise_ wrote: »
    It would have been more believable if Bobby had went into the room when Lucy and Denise were fighting and hit her to make her to stop and then it was an accident.
    Or even if they fought and he hit her out of frustration.

Because we have seen no character development of Bobby appearing evil/callous so it makes it a little unbelievable unless it was an accident?

But the way he got out of bed and came downstairs (WITH the box which shows he intended to hit her? Or was it already downstairs?) ... like he was planning to hit her is chilling.
    And then when Jane came in he stood there and spoke so coldly about it.
    If it was an accident you would think he would be showing more emotion and be panicked and upset? (Unless he didn't think she was dead? But even then surely he would be a bit panicky at seeing his sister lying there unconscious?!) When he phoned Jane he seemed to be panicking as she told him to calm down but then when we see him he isn't.

I thought that too but then Denise would have to be involved, the fact he just attacked her is quite worrying, even the scene before he did it when he was lying in bed next to cindy and he opened his eyes was like something out of a horror movie:o
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Bobby is evil. It was an accident/manslaughter - they argued and he hit her but he's a child. He must be at least 10 - if he were below 10 he wouldn't be arrested and Jane wouldn't have had to take him off to Birmingham. It is quite possible Lucy rang Jane hence Jane being shocked when she turned and saw Bobby. As for there being no guilt, Bobby is very young and doesn't understand what he has done - the guilt will not come through yet - I agree that a combination of all the head injuries (Max's office possibly the fight with Denise and Bobby hitting her) is what caused her death. It actually reminded me of when Ben hit Jordan and then baby Freddie except luckily in those cases, neither Jordan nor Freddie died.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tesphen wrote: »
    He clearly feels guilty. How else do you explain him going off to the Common to sleep where they found Lucy's body?

Oh yes, I forgot about that.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Bobby is evil. It was an accident/manslaughter - they argued and he hit her but he's a child. He must be at least 10 - if he were below 10 he wouldn't be arrested and Jane wouldn't have had to take him off to Birmingham. It is quite possible Lucy rang Jane hence Jane being shocked when she turned and saw Bobby. As for there being no guilt, Bobby is very young and doesn't understand what he has done - the guilt will not come through yet - I agree that a combination of all the head injuries (Max's office possibly the fight with Denise and Bobby hitting her) is what caused her death. It actually reminded me of when Ben hit Jordan and then baby Freddie except luckily in those cases, neither Jordan nor Freddie died.

He's not "very young" IMO. He's 11. He's closer to being a teenager than a toddler.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I think Bobby did it out of the heat of the moment but I guess we'll have to find out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so we have seen clues, like bobby running away and being found at the common. The news paper clippings he'd kept. Part of his obsessive behaviour.

He's seen his brother stephen shoot his mother jane & get away with it (OK i know the relationships are tenuous but this is what he would see). His dad has mental health issues and has left him in the past. His uncle ben has also killed, his sister and brother both on coke. His mum and had have divorced (at the time of the murder/manslauter of lucy).

Not the best childhood...
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Lucy took a few beatings that night.Who knows, it might have only taken a bash on the head from a child to finish her off?