Options

The Fall: Series Two (UK Pace)

Comments

• Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mari, I gave it a valiant effort, but had to give up.

Not only is the killer able to manage on NO sleep, but he doesn't have to do ANY work for his career as a psychologist, which every other television show has demonstrated as consuming. Not our killer, he can work by day drawing pictures, kill vulnerable women by night, and blammo, start right over again with wife and kiddies.

Nah, this show must have been written by a man. If he got a bullet in the brain at the end of series 1, I might have stuck in there.

However, there is too much in-your-pants prurient focus on, horrifyingly, women who take men at face value with no consequences. This show is a good PSA for all women and their daughters on the dangers of trusting any ole man who peaks your fancy. Brrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm done.

By the way, Gillian Anderson looks amazing, too bad this show is a POC. And who knew she was born in England, hence her accent.

If they'd have finished it in series 1 and had him arrested while he was still working, it would have been brilliant.

I was totally riveted and scared out of my wits by series 1. Every time he went out in his hiker gear at night, you'd be holding your breath. Even the scenes with the mannequin freaked me out. Also the glimpses of his sociopathy while he was at work were fascinating - his insolence towards his boss etc.

They totally lost the feeling of menace in series 2. It was too far fetched and implausible. I wasn't even scared when he was hiding in Skully's wardrobe because it wasn't realistic. The only decent episode was when the police were following him to the botanic gardens before they picked him up.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debating whether or not to get the second series DVD.

I'm going to purchase it in a few weeks, as I loved the second series as much as the first and I already have the first series on DVD. Any news on a third series yet?
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's been no word on a third series yet.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gillian Anderson fans can watch her in Hannibal where she has a bit part (Hannibal Lecter's shrink) :D
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's been no word on a third series yet.
    Seeing how it ended, I wouldn't expect a third series.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Seeing how it ended, I wouldn't expect a third series.

They were pretty optimistic back in Jan:
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-01-08/the-fall-creator-very-confident-about-a-third-series

Series 2 did get a critical pasting though, in some quarters, so that might change things. I thought it was really disappointing - big letdown after Series 1, which felt so complex and real by comparison.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were pretty optimistic back in Jan:
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-01-08/the-fall-creator-very-confident-about-a-third-series

Series 2 did get a critical pasting though, in some quarters, so that might change things. I thought it was really disappointing - big letdown after Series 1, which felt so complex and real by comparison.
    I liked it, I only found the ending disappointing. I can't really see where they can go with a third series, unless they will go with a different serial killer.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »
    I liked it, I only found the ending disappointing. I can't really see where they can go with a third series, unless they will go with a different serial killer.

I wouldn't watch a 3rd, I'm done. I found S2 really stilted and strange a lot of the time. None of it made much sense, really. The babysitter stuff was nonsense. it just lost everything that made it good first time round - the sense of place, the multiple plot strands, the character interactions.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gillian Anderson on Reasonably Priced Car on Top Gear next week.
  • Options
    jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Archie Panjabi (the Coroner) hasn't ruled herself out of a third series even though kissing Gillian Anderson "woke something within her" causing her to "review her life as she really got onto it " and she doesn't want to do another Good Wife where she is a lesbian investigator.

So I think there will be another Fall
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Fall will return for a 3rd and final series next year with both Jamie Dornan and Gillian Anderson :

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s261/the-fall/news/a634530/the-fall-to-return-for-third-and-final-series-on-bbc-two.html
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    This is brilliant news! Then again, anything with Gillian Anderson gets a thumbs up from me.

Hopefully Series 3, being the last, will have a clearer direction than the second. And hopefully Colin Morgan will reprise his role as well. :)
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is brilliant news! Then again, anything with Gillian Anderson gets a thumbs up from me.

Hopefully Series 3, being the last, will have a clearer direction than the second. And hopefully Colin Morgan will reprise his role as well. :)

And they won't do a Hannibal with her sitting on a plane and him sitting next to her. :D
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And they won't do a Hannibal with her sitting on a plane and him sitting next to her. :D

It wouldn't surprise me!
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always love Gillian Anderson.

Hope Merlin is coming back, too.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad that there will be a third season.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really pleased about this. I really wanted there to be a third series, after the second one ended! I hope the babysitter who was obsessed with Paul returns for the final series. I thought her character developed brilliantly in the last series and she was played by a really good actress too.

And I just love Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan. Bring on more face to face battles with them next series! The scenes between them in the final episode were so gripping and intense.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really pleased about this. I really wanted there to be a third series, after the second one ended! I hope the babysitter who was obsessed with Paul returns for the final series. I thought her character developed brilliantly in the last series and she was played by a really good actress too.

I wanted to slap the silly cow plenty of times but I definitely thought Aisling Franciosi did a fantastic job playing her.

I hope Niamh McGrady is reprising her role but I wouldn't be too fussed about losing John Lynch.
  • Options
    primosprimosprimosprimos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to slap the silly cow plenty of times but I definitely thought Aisling Franciosi did a fantastic job playing her.

I hope Niamh McGrady is reprising her role but I wouldn't be too fussed about losing John Lynch.

I wanted Paul to get a bullet in the head from Stella, so I'll wait until the series is over and it is on Netflix. If he hasn't gotten a bullet in the head by the end of the show, I'll pass.
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    The Fall will return for a 3rd and final series next year with both Jamie Dornan and Gillian Anderson :

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s261/the-fall/news/a634530/the-fall-to-return-for-third-and-final-series-on-bbc-two.html

Great news. I was slightly worried that the success of that little known;-), critically acclaimed;-) film that Jamie Dornan did and it's inevitable sequels would mean the end of The Fall, or it returning without him, but I am so pleased that it's back... and with him.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best.News.Ever.
  • Options
    FuzzyDunlop82FuzzyDunlop82 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Great news for sure....but I hope jimmy Tyler is also brought back (it was just a flesh wound!).

That character made a violent sexual serial killer seem comparatively harmless - pure thuggish brutality and unrepentant rage. Sterling acting from Brian Milligan.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Does a little happy dance*
  • Options
    humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stella has now shagged two cops who have both ended up shot dead within hours :o

I think it's a case of having your legs crossed with Stella. Fingers just won't do. :)
  • Options
    CasmanaCasmana Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone heard when to expect the next series?
This discussion has been closed.