What do you get out of posting on DS?

TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
Forum Member
✭✭
Why do you post here?
Are you interested in intelligent, educational, humorous, enlightening, informed, opinionated debate and discussion?
Is it a good place to find the answers to the questions which you've always wondered about but had no-one to ask (e.g. is size important, what's the best way to wash the dishes)
Is it somewhere that you can chat freely with like-minded individuals?
Do you find it's a good source to troll, antagonise, wind-up and generally annoy people?
Do you use it to satiate your narcissistic desires and garner positive comments?
Is it somewhere to spill forth your bigoted views in the hope that more of your ilk will back you up and validate your opinions and viewpoint?

Or something else?

Comments

• Danny_SilverDanny_Silver Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To see other peoples opinions.

What about you?
  • jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit like picking a scab.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do I get out of DS?
    A headache frequently! It's interesting to read others opinions and sometimes it's very funny.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    A fascinating insight into a kind of underbelly world inhabited by denizens of a kind that normally I would not have any contact with.
  • SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,244
    Forum Member
    Its the only way I can get heard. I am very quiet and as such get constantly talked over. Even my own family does not hear me. Here we are all equal and I CAN EVEN SHOUT! I have things to say like everybody else, just that nobody wants to hear when I speak.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about you?

I can discuss things with people from totally different backgrounds, cultures, walks of life, and get totally different viewpoints. If I'm left with just discussing things with the people I work with, my family and my friends, it's a very narrow view of the world.

I get to confirm my belief that there are some genuinely bizarre ways of thinking from supposed adults, which if I didn't read them myself I'd have to call bullshit.

I get to read Daily Mail stories without the guilt of actively searching them out.
  • VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It merely kills time.
  • chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A nagging feeling that I could be doing something more worthwhile with my time.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To alleviate boredom.
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's something to do when there's downtime at work. The screen even looks like work, which is super handy.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chaff wrote: »
    A nagging feeling that I could be doing something more worthwhile with my time.

^Yep. This one :D

Mostly it's a little escape for me from reality. Not hugely in to the debate side of things. Just like to have a laugh at the simple and silly things in life, with likemindeds. Also quite fascinated by people, how opinions and perceptions differ so greatly. In a way it is a bit like Big Brother .... only we don't get to evict any of the buggers :p
    I'm quite isolated in r/l and it's sometimes nice just to be around other people in a weird cyber-ish way.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it somewhere to spill forth your bigoted views in the hope that more of your ilk will back you up and validate your opinions and viewpoint?

I really don't think Capaldi is as good as previous Doctors and want to scream it from the rooftops!! :o;):D

I bet the OP was hoping that one of us would say this ;) :kitty:
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it somewhere that you can chat freely with like-minded individuals?

Those 2 could look very similar depending on perspective.

So could this one now I think of it:
    Do you use it to satiate your narcissistic desires and garner positive comments?

As for me, I really don't know. I'm always awful at figuring myself out, why I do things and why I think certain things etc. I'll answer with "it's something to do, innit?".
  • MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spend a lot of work time sitting round waiting on trades to turn up or materials so it's a great way to pass my time and interact with people whose bumcracks I can't see :D
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    I spend a lot of work time sitting round waiting on trades to turn up or materials so it's a great way to pass my time and interact with people whose bumcracks I can't see :D

()()

That's mine:D
  • allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get no benefit.

It's everyone else who benefits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ()()

lol, you're too kind :D
  • SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,244
    Forum Member
    ()()

().()

add mine to that
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    A cheap thrill.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundbox wrote: »
    ().()

add mine to that

I can see your bumhole in that shot. :D
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Trying to reach 10,000 posts before the world ends.
  • mintoemintoe Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Yep. This one :D

Mostly it's a little escape for me from reality. Not hugely in to the debate side of things. Just like to have a laugh at the simple and silly things in life, with likemindeds. Also quite fascinated by people, how opinions and perceptions differ so greatly. In a way it is a bit like Big Brother .... only we don't get to evict any of the buggers :p
    I'm quite isolated in r/l and it's sometimes nice just to be around other people in a weird cyber-ish way.

Same :) I don't post much but i read a awful lot of threads, not sure if that is a good, bad or sad thing :o:confused::D
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Not as good as it used to be.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ennui.

Nah, can be a bit of a laugh and there are a lot of nice FM's.And said before, my friends and family get a bit tired of me geeking out on Doctor Who/Cult TV and Comedy stuff I'm into so come on here to inflict my opinions upon total strangers instead! :)