Options

EE: Bobby - Evil or a Mistake?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
Forum Member
✭✭
It would have been more believable if Bobby had went into the room when Lucy and Denise were fighting and hit her to make her to stop and then it was an accident.
Or even if they fought and he hit her out of frustration.

Because we have seen no character development of Bobby appearing evil/callous so it makes it a little unbelievable unless it was an accident?

But the way he got out of bed and came downstairs (WITH the box which shows he intended to hit her? Or was it already downstairs?) ... like he was planning to hit her is chilling.
And then when Jane came in he stood there and spoke so coldly about it.
If it was an accident you would think he would be showing more emotion and be panicked and upset? (Unless he didn't think she was dead? But even then surely he would be a bit panicky at seeing his sister lying there unconscious?!) When he phoned Jane he seemed to be panicking as she told him to calm down but then when we see him he isn't.

Comments

• Options
    THE ROTCODTHE ROTCOD Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evil kid evrey one thought cindy would be the evil one but not quiet little bobby
  • Options
    jcotter779jcotter779 Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was an accident he didn't know she was dead after he hit her.it was all the blows to the head she'd had before, she would have died from bobby hitting her with the jewellery box
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it was just misjudged acting or what he said but it just didn't seem like a mistake to me. Even if he didn't think she was dead he should still seem a little panicky rather than just seeming not care at all his sister was passed out on the floor?!

Wish they had shown more of the flashback like Bobby realising she was dead etc
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He said "she made everyone unhappy". He meant it, that was no accident.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louise_ wrote: »
    Maybe it was just misjudged acting or what he said but it just didn't seem like a mistake to me. Even if he didn't think she was dead he should still seem a little panicky rather than just seeming not care at all his sister was passed out on the floor?!

Wish they had shown more of the flashback like Bobby realising she was dead etc

I agree with you. Jane sounded like she was trying to calm down the person on the other end of the phone, which I'm assuming was Bobby yet like you said, he was as cool as a cucumber when she got there a matter of seconds later.

As you also mentioned, even if he wasn't sure Lucy was dead, you'd think he'd still be bricking it at the fact she wasn't moving. It was like he didn't care. I'm leaning towards evil at the moment and the cover-up will continue with consequences down the line.
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's evil for ruining what could have been a great reveal
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    It does seem weird that he took the music box. It's unlikely it would be downstairs.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    He obviously had panicked or he wouldn't have telephoned Jane, and she did say 'calm down' or wtte.

The jewellery box was already downstairs.

He said "no matter what she said, she started it" so he clearly doesn't know she is dead. Saying "she made (makes) everybody unhappy" doesn't mean he meant to kill her, just that they'd argued but he thought it was her fault.
  • Options
    OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    "Whatever she says, she started it."
    It was an accident. He doesn't even know that he did it. He expected her to get up a few minutes later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nicluc wrote: »
    It does seem weird that he took the music box. It's unlikely it would be downstairs.

It was downstairs. You could see it in the background shot on the dining room table before he came down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    hope they don't turn him into a psycho kid, with behaviour problems, after being a nice quiet kid ..it was rather random, him being a killer after reading about Pooh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was an accident. He doesn't even know that he did it. He expected her to get up a few minutes later.

Exactly. Get up and get him into trouble by saying he'd hurt her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with you. Jane sounded like she was trying to calm down the person on the other end of the phone, which I'm assuming was Bobby yet like you said, he was as cool as a cucumber when she got there a matter of seconds later.

As you also mentioned, even if he wasn't sure Lucy was dead, you'd think he'd still be bricking it at the fact she wasn't moving. It was like he didn't care. I'm leaning towards evil at the moment and the cover-up will continue with consequences down the line.

Exactly!
    And even if it was an accident surely he'd be feeling guilty about it etc.. but he's kept it hidden so well and been so nonchalant about it which makes me think he is just pretty evil?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i thought it was all sinister to be honest lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    hope they don't turn him into a psycho kid, with behaviour problems, after being a nice quiet kid ..it was rather random, him being a killer after reading about Pooh

In his interview DTC said it was like 'we need to talk about kevin' which certainly hints at psycho kid. Although there has been no sign of it before so that's weird.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even someone of Bobby's age knows that if you clock someone around the head with an hard object, giving them no chance of protecting themselves (I'm assuming Lucy was turned away and focused on writing the letter), there could be dire consequences.

He could have pulled her hair or slapped her (as Abi did) or whatever, if he merely wanted her to feel his anger. Picking up an object and smacking her from behind? That seems rather calculated.
  • Options
    OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    Even someone of Bobby's age knows that if you clock someone around the head with an hard object, giving them no chance of protecting themselves (I'm assuming Lucy was turned away and focused on writing the letter), there could be dire consequences.

He could have pulled her hair or slapped her or whatever, if he merely wanted to feel his anger. Picking up an object and smacking her from behind? That seems rather calculated.

I honestly don't think he knows that he killed her. It ties in with DTC saying "the killer won't know that they did it". I'm sure we'll get an explanation from Jane tomorrow, but I have a feeling she told Bobby she was taking her to the hospital and that she was still alive when she actually left to dump her at Walford Common.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bobby must know - he stood there watching Jane check her pulse and get upset - he's old enough to have realised that's not a good sign surely?!!
  • Options
    -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Bobby must know - he stood there watching Jane check her pulse and get upset - he's old enough to have realised that's not a good sign surely?!!
    Him and Ben will make a great pair of psycho's.

The new Kay's even tho they ain't brothers
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm torn on this one. He's not a stupid child so there is every chance that he knew she was dead and immediately said 'Whatever she says, she started it!' to make it look like he'd had no choice but to defend himself. He also made the comment about her making everyone unhappy and from what I remember of the aftermath of Lucy's death he didn't seem all that upset by it.

It's also possible that the phone call Jane received was actually from Lucy, not Bobby. Perhaps she didn't die immediately and had time to call Jane to tell her that something had happened and in the time it took for Jane to come around she died or Bobby hit her again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SwanGirl wrote: »
    I'm torn on this one. He's not a stupid child so there is every chance that he knew she was dead and immediately said 'Whatever she says, she started it!' to make it look like he'd had no choice but to defend himself. He also made the comment about her making everyone unhappy and from what I remember of the aftermath of Lucy's death he didn't seem all that upset by it.

It's also possible that the phone call Jane received was actually from Lucy, not Bobby. Perhaps she didn't die immediately and had time to call Jane to tell her that something had happened and in the time it took for Jane to come around she died or Bobby hit her again.

Oooh yes it could have been Lucy on the phone :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Jane seemed shocked when she turned around and saw Bobby, and it was like she suddenly realised he'd hit her.

If he was the one on the phone to her, why did she seem so surprised to see him holding the box? Surely he must have said "I've hit Lucy and she's not waking up" or something but janes reaction doesn't match that.

So maybe Lucy did phone Jane in a panic!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Riez wrote: »
    Jane seemed shocked when she turned around and saw Bobby, and it was like she suddenly realised he'd hit her.

If he was the one on the phone to her, why did she seem so surprised to see him holding the box? Surely he must have said "I've hit Lucy and she's not waking up" or something but janes reaction doesn't match that.

So maybe Lucy did phone Jane in a panic!

Very true! Never thought about that - she was very shocked to see him there. Why was the front door open though?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i would say evil .. and i just re watched it again Lol

http://i62.tinypic.com/29kuzie.jpg

hmm..i wonder is why they have changed Bobby again to have the dark hair,,he really does look like Damien off the Omen :D
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Oh I would say they definetly will but they might wait a few years till he's a bit older
    I think Jane will have convinced him that Lucy was ok