Katie Price for "Strictly"???

jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
Forum Member
✭✭
http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/strictly-come-dancing/214991-strictly-come-dancing-2015-lineup-katie-price-to-hit-the-dancefloor.html

http://www.reveal.co.uk/showbiz-celeb-gossip/news/a635161/katie-price-offered-place-on-new-strictly-come-dancing-series.html

She just said on This Morning: "They say don't believe everything you read in the papers but I would love to do the show but no 'one's asked. I'm gonna stir the pot now and say if you want me come and get me!

I can already hear the rumblings of an explosive reaction to this thread...:D

Comments

• jiver51jiver51 Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLICK thats me switching off
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can just see the introductory VT for Ms Price:-

"Hi, I'm Katie Price and I'm probably best known for selling every sordid detail of my life to the media. I have no self-respect and no dignity. In fact, I'd do anything to extend my 15 minutes of fame!"

:D

Seriously, though, in the extremely unlikely event that she is actually asked to do Strictly, I doubt she'd make it to the first live show. Strictly is physically demanding, and Ms Price would actually have to do some...Shock! Horror!...work!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    I can just see the introductory VT for Ms Price:-

"Hi, I'm Katie Price and I'm probably best known for selling every sordid detail of my life to the media. I have no self-respect and no dignity. In fact, I'd do anything to extend my 15 minutes of fame!"

:D

Seriously, though, in the extremely unlikely event that she is actually asked to do Strictly, I doubt she'd make it to the first live show. Strictly is physically demanding, and Ms Price would actually have to do some...Shock! Horror!...work!

She owns and rides horses and has a disabled son, so I doubt she's workshy.

I don't really mind who they put on the show, as long as they train hard, try hard and love the experience!
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to see this happen, just for the epic meltdowns from this forum every day :D:D:D
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    I would love to see this happen, just for the epic meltdowns from this forum every day :D:D:D

Bring it on.:D :D
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched Strictly for years, and I've managed to sit through Anne Widdecombe, Julien Macdonald and even Edwina Currie. Price is one person who would definitely get me switching off.

Thank goodness they haven't asked her yet, and I hope they never do.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't really mind who they put on the show, as long as they train hard, try hard and love the experience!

And if she does feature and gets voted off first, I wouldn't mind too.:D
  • Julia_WebbJulia_Webb Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why would owning and riding horses make her a hard worker?? I very much doubt she mucks out the stables herself or exercises them daily?

Ditto for disabled son
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we going to do this for every single cast member of the last edition of Celebrity Big Brother, none of whom are going to do the show in a million years? Just asking for a friend.
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that her most famous feature would present Vicky Gill with some interesting costume challenges that she can talk about at length in her weekly slot on ITT.
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are the odds on her being partnered with Anton?
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Are we going to do this for every single cast member of the last edition of Celebrity Big Brother, none of whom are going to do the show in a million years? Just asking for a friend.

Yes.... because they all have publicists who put out the same old press releases about "is wanted for Strictly", "Would love to do Strictly", "Hasn't got time to do Strictly" or...."has turned down Strictly"

And idiotic tabloids and Zeleb magazines regurgitate these press releases verbatim.

In recent years, as they cannot hack phones, they cannot find out the full lineup really early on, so they have to rely on this garbage instead of doing any real journalistic investigating.

Posters on DS usually come up with a lot of the celeb names just by watching who is following whom on Twitter etc.

It gets very tedious when zelebs who clearly are not available, nor would be acceptable for Strictly, have new threads started on DS purely because of a regurgitated press release from some talentless wannabee.
  • Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »

Well I think James Jordan might be a bit of a ringah
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of CBB I would agree no chance, but Ms Price I would not bet against. For better or worse.
  • RichwoodRichwood Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would prefer to have my upcoming route canal treatment without anaesthetic than watch M/s Price.
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't object to Katie Price..she could be the next Abbey Clancy. :D:D
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He could always come disguised as Brad Pitt.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well she's more famous than yet from the same genre of reality Tv/Ok! Magazine as Mark Wright - so in terms of eligibility she could be accepted onto the show.

I'd be interested to see if she can make the commitment Strictly demands. The SCD viewers are pretty fair though and if she's rubbish, she'll be out. She used to run and ride horses so she's vaguley athletic - but I've never seen any evidence that she can dance.

The only down side is that she does attract cauldron-stirrers who will invade any positive threads about her - so her inclusion won't be good news for an already occasional terse forum!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He still wouldn't win, though - always the bridesmaid ...

Imagine if they partnered him with Karen Hauer :D
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would so love to see this happen, she would be perfect material for this show. She absolutely cannot dance - she can barely catwalk! She was so wooden in the Lets Dance comic relief Queen effort, So it would be fantastic to see how the raw material can be transformed & how good the dance teachers are - as opposed to a lot of contestants who already have dance backgrounds.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her fee for celebrity big brother for two weeks was reportedly half a million. What ever would it be for. Several weeks on strictly?
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalian wrote: »
    I'm sure that her most famous feature would present Vicky Gill with some interesting costume challenges that she can talk about at length in her weekly slot on ITT.

Her Boobs? She had them reduced a hell of alot
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    If she tried, even a moderate amount, I wouldn't mind her being on; it's if she meandered through with little to no effort that she'd grate on me. :p
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She might be a bit too famous for Strictly - I mean, almost everyone has actually heard of her.

Very successful author - sold more books than Charles Dickens in the previous decade.

A singer whose record went platinum.

Cosmopolitan Woman of the Year.
    Grattan Celebrity Mum of the Year.

Successful perfumier, fashion range and TV show.

Plus you are almost certain to see a wedding during the show.
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nah - he couldn't even shimmy as well as Denise Van Outen.