Andrew Mitchell Shouts At Police

occyoccy Posts: 65,045
Forum Member
✭✭
Chief Whip Andrew Mitchell shouted at Police officers whilst leaving Downing Street the other evening as the officers didn't allow him to leave the front gates.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19671093

|____________

Are MP's under stress?

Comments

• Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he swore at the police officer why wasn't he arrested?
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »

He is a person "valuable to the economy" so you cannot expect such as he to be inconvenienced by arrest.
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    The police officer was a pleb, so it's alright for the patricians to shout at them. Remember, we're all in it together (unless you're in the government).
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,948
    Forum Member
    Yet another "Don't you know who I am?!" debacle. Tory toffs are not the only ones prone to this. Rent-a-celeb types are as well.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Yet another "Don't you know who I am?!" debacle. Tory toffs are not the only ones prone to this. Rent-a-celeb types are as well.

Labour aren't immune either

http://iaindale.blogspot.co.uk/2007/04/labour-mp-dont-you-know-who-i-am.html

http://order-order.com/2012/07/11/labours-karl-turner-is-an-expert-in-public-aggression/
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are all obviously graduates of the Genghis Khan College of Tact and Diplomacy.
  • DingbatDingbat Posts: 2,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theresa May on the two murdered PCs:

"These were brave and talented officers who were going about their everyday duties, doing what they do, day in, day out, protecting the public, fighting crime and they were incredibly brave and their deaths are a reminder of what police officers face every day."

Yeah, right...

Andrew Mitchell, Chief Whip, Millionaire, Tory Golden Boy:

“Best you learn your f***ing place. You don’t run this f***ing government. You’re f***ing plebs.”

:rolleyes:
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not much of a story, but I've noticed the snide stuff has started by some invoking the two officers from GMP who recently died as if he has personally gone and shat on their graves.

Edit: If I'd posted that just a few seconds earlier it would have been perfect timing.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Chief Whip Andrew Mitchell shouted at Police officers whilst leaving Downing Street the other evening as the officers didn't allow him to leave the front gates.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19671093

|____________

Are MP's under stress?

No he is just a Tory. They are rapidly destroying themselves by being out of touch with reality.
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »

Why on earth bring something that happened in 2007 up :confused:

Or are you just trying to show that as far as Andrew Mitchell's tirade was concerned it was a case of "Anything you can do I can do better "?
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have quite a few friends in the Police in various parts of the UK and indeed the world. The other day I posted this on my Facebook page:

"You might moan about your job but at least when you get to work you know pretty much what to expect, what time you'll finish and that come finishing time you'll still be alive and well. The Police don't have that luxury they are expected to deal with society's shit no matter what, yet nobody calls them heroes in the street, more likely "scum, pigs" and worse egged on by supposedly decent and law abiding people. RIP PC Bone and PC Hughes."

With that in mind this sad pathetic little c*** should resign from Parliament and donate his MP's pension to a Police charity.
  • Auld SnodyAuld Snody Posts: 15,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dingbat wrote: »
    Theresa May on the two murdered PCs:

"These were brave and talented officers who were going about their everyday duties, doing what they do, day in, day out, protecting the public, fighting crime and they were incredibly brave and their deaths are a reminder of what police officers face every day."

Yeah, right...

Andrew Mitchell, Chief Whip, Millionaire, Tory Golden Boy:

“Best you learn your f***ing place. You don’t run this f***ing government. You’re f***ing plebs.”

:rolleyes:

A tosser of the highest order who would be cowering behind said policeman at the first sight of his safety being compromised, no doubt:D
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil 2804 wrote: »
    I have quite a few friends in the Police in various parts of the UK and indeed the world. The other day I posted this on my Facebook page:

"You might moan about your job but at least when you get to work you know pretty much what to expect, what time you'll finish and that come finishing time you'll still be alive and well. The Police don't have that luxury they are expected to deal with society's shit no matter what, yet nobody calls them heroes in the street, more likely "scum, pigs" and worse egged on by supposedly decent and law abiding people. RIP PC Bone and PC Hughes."

With that in mind this sad pathetic little c*** should resign from Parliament and donate his MP's pension to a Police charity.

I doubt if many people wish to donate to a police pension at the moment following the revelations about police behaviour over Hillsborough.

The police need to regain the respect of the public.
  • MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or are you just trying to show that as far as Andrew Mitchell's tirade was concerned it was a case of "Anything you can do I can do better "?

Surely a simple case of shooting down those posters who say that he did this because he was a Tory - I would say that history proves that Party politics dont really come into it.
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wallster wrote: »
    I doubt if many people wish to donate to a police pension at the moment following the revelations about police behaviour over Hillsborough.

The police need to regain the respect of the public.

Oh right so the actions of a a number of corrupt senior members at South Yorkshire justify that sort of abuse from a supposedly "decent" law abiding person to Met Officers, who had absolutely nothing to do with Hillsborough doing their job?

Jesus wept. The logic of a Tory. :(

Hillsborough was in 1989, the vast majority of serving officers at that time will be retired, possibly even dead.

Don't try and justify yourself Wallster, people like you make me sick to my stomach. All moral high ground, when it comes to people you consider inferior to you, then come out with sh**e like that.
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Majlis wrote: »
    Surely a simple case of shooting down those posters who say that he did this because he was a Tory - I would say that history proves that Party politics dont really come into it.

Quite agree. The party I generally vote for, Labour, is rotten almost to the core as it is.

The guy is obviously a pleb himself, and really should be demoted or removed from his permission.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The arrogance of these people knows no bounds.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry, I forgot that anything that happened before 2010 was pre-history and couldn't be discussed.

It was just to show "it's because he's a Tory Toff" argument is silly. People from all parties are just as capable of rudeness or "DYKWIA" attitude. Remember Harriet Harman driving off from a traffic accident without exchanging details as "you know who I am"?
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makes a change from get on yer bike.

Many politicians and others think they deserve special treatment and many police officers do not behave as they should towards the public. None of which excuses such behaviour from any of them.
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well to be honest there are more than a few "plebs" in the London Metropolitan Police Force. Many of whom when they put on a uniform think they are mini gods on the streets of London. I was nearly arrested by an "inspector" based at Lewisham Police station for raring up at him after he told me to "F*** off". It is seemingly OK for them to have a go at you but if the situation is reversed they don't like it and use Police powers.

Is it any wonder the riots kicked off in London last year - the attitude of the Met Police is terrible.
  • ecco66ecco66 Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    Well to be honest there are more than a few "plebs" in the London Metropolitan Police Force. Many of whom when they put on a uniform think they are mini gods on the streets of London. I was nearly arrested by an "inspector" based at Lewisham Police station for raring up at him after he told me to "F*** off". It is seemingly OK for them to have a go at you but if the situation is reversed they don't like it and use Police powers.

Is it any wonder the riots kicked off in London last year - the attitude of the Met Police is terrible.
    I'm sure you're right, there are bad apples in every barrel.

It's still not really the way politicians should behave though.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sad day for politics when the big story is the Party conferences which will have far more impact.

Mitchell is a total twerp.
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just about sums of this lot in power at the moment - they only care about themseleves and their mates in big business and look down upon everyone else and just use them - ******* the lot of them (and I include Labour in that).
  • clinchclinch Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »

Is it a crminal offence to swear at someone? We are going to need a very, very, very big prison building programme.
This discussion has been closed.