Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    His wife left him recently. They've been married about 30 odd years as well. Might not be relevant though.
    If only I kept up with celeb gossip.....:confused:
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heard that the bloke who signed himself in for psychological treatment when he was first interviewed is to be arrested soon.

Also heard someone else as well, they have taken a break from their career apparently.

Lovely jubbly all this.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    Heard that the bloke who signed himself in for psychological treatment when he was first interviewed is to be arrested soon.

Also heard someone else as well, they have taken a break from their career apparently.

Lovely jubbly all this.

No, just no. It can't be?......

Can it?:confused:
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If that turned out to be just another grope I can't say I'd be particularly sympathetic to the alleged victim.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nanscombe wrote: »
    If that turned out to be just another grope I can't say I'd be particularly sympathetic to the alleged victim.

I'd be very, very surprised if it was for anything else than a cheeky pinch here or there (not on children), but sure that's the least of the issues with this case, a lot more disgusting, vile paedophilia has happened on a wide scale and been covered up.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be very, very surprised if it was for anything else than a cheeky pinch here or there (not on children), but sure that's the least of the issues with this case, a lot more disgusting, vile paedophilia has happened on a wide scale and been covered up.

Indeed I notice that its easier to after celebs. When we have herd accounts of Politcians and high ranking Police officers getting involved. So far NONE of these have been arrested not even talked to from what I have read.
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Indeed I notice that its easier to after celebs. When we have herd accounts of Politcians and high ranking Police officers getting involved. So far NONE of these have been arrested not even talked to from what I have read.

When really these celebs have little if anything to do with that. It's almost like a distraction away from the real problem. ;):(
  • marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    When really these celebs have little if anything to do with that. It's almost like a distraction away from the real problem. ;):(

The way things have moved so slowly it is as if certain people involved are trying to hush up what did take place and are hoping it will all just go away and we, the general public and the newspapers, will forget about it all.

We shall see but it seems to me that only very few 'celebs' and some 'others' have been brought to book so far ... as I wrote - we shall see. When all this kicked off many months ago I had expected much more action from the police, prosecution services, etc. It all seems to be very tiptoe, tiptoe though ......
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lovely jubbly all this.

Bullshit
  • jonm01jonm01 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a rumour about that at the time of the original GG case.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Bullshit

At the start of all this there were some rumours about Jubbly, but I think there was some confusion about what happened. He was off filming and someone was housesitting. The housesitter was (supposedly) the one, not Jubbly.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the start of all this there were some rumours about Jubbly, but I think there was some confusion about what happened. He was off filming and someone was housesitting. The housesitter was (supposedly) the one, not Jubbly.

Exactly. Guilty by association
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marianna01 wrote: »
    The way things have moved so slowly it is as if certain people involved are trying to hush up what did take place and are hoping it will all just go away and we, the general public and the newspapers, will forget about it all.

We shall see but it seems to me that only very few 'celebs' and some 'others' have been brought to book so far ... as I wrote - we shall see. When all this kicked off many months ago I had expected much more action from the police, prosecution services, etc. It all seems to be very tiptoe, tiptoe though ......

It does seem a bit that way but hopefully thats not the case.

I tried to find a post I seem to remember someone (Sad?) made recently, there was a link to an article questioning corruption within the 'Savile cops' I think? :eek: im sure it was posted only a few days ago and I checked back to page 30 and can't find the link though :o unless it was censored?... *now entering paranoid territory*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    It does seem a bit that way but hopefully thats not the case.

I tried to find a post I seem to remember someone (Sad?) made recently, there was a link to an article questioning corruption within the 'Savile cops' I think? :eek: im sure it was posted only a few days ago and I checked back to page 30 and can't find the link though :ounless it was censored?... *now entering paranoid territory*

BIB - Maybe so - some comments on various threads do disappear.

We can all become paranoid about things and all I hope is that the real truth will (eventually) emerge but I think that at the end of all these investigations we will not be any more knowledgeable about certain things that went on during the 60's - 90's than we are now.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

and given the passage of time, it is extremely difficult to put reliable cases together........or would you rather people are arrested just on rumour? People have moved, died, emigrated. Records have been lost or quite legally destroyed.. Buildings demolished or changed function. Witnesses may prove to be unreliable after so many years. What evidence there is, has to be double and triple checked, and decisions made as to whether such evidence would stand up in court.
    It is much better to get it right, then to be hasty and have a case collapse!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB - Maybe so - some comments on various threads do disappear.

We can all become paranoid about things and all I hope is that the real truth will (eventually) emerge but I think that at the end of all these investigations we will not be any more knowledgeable about certain things that went on during the 60's - 90's than we are now.

Maybe it was a totally fabricated article? (or maybe I skimmed past the post without realising) some posts are pruned if they could be seen as libellous, which is fair enough I suppose.

I'm also wondering what happened regarding Edwina Currie and her involvement appointing JS at Broadmoor, in that 'special task force' I think it was called? months ago she claimed she had nothing to hide and would make all the relevant paperwork available but I don't think we've heard anything since. She seems very defensive...last time I heard her mentioned in relation to the whole story was when she was very briefly featured in MWTs Exposure follow up show last November.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and given the passage of time, it is extremely difficult to put reliable cases together........or would you rather people are arrested just on rumour? People have moved, died, emigrated. Records have been lost or quite legally destroyed.. Buildings demolished or changed function. Witnesses may prove to be unreliable after so many years. What evidence there is, has to be double and triple checked, and decisions made as to whether such evidence would stand up in court.
    It is much better to get it right, then to be hasty and have a case collapse!!

I agree with all you say here and especially the BIB but I do think that the spotlight has been turned off the subject and it almost seems as if the JS connections with hospitals, childrens' homes, etc. have now been put aside in favour of less important 'celebs' being dragged up before the courts. JS and his cohorts should be kept in sight, albeit that JS is dead, his cohorts are not necessarily so!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with all you say here and especially the BIB but I do think that the spotlight has been turned off the subject and it almost seems as if the JS connections with hospitals, childrens' homes, etc. have now been put aside in favour of less important 'celebs' being dragged up before the courts. JS and his cohorts should be kept in sight, albeit that JS is dead, his cohorts are not necessarily so!

Agreed. It is important they don't just rush into arresting people right left and centre and they build up solid cases, of course - its up to us as the public to hope that their doing just that and not somehow dropping things. People could argue that the easiest thing for them to do is arrest some celebs linked to him and that would appease the publics want for justice and leave it at that, when there must be alot more to it.

Surely there must have been many people who worked alongside him on his shows, in terms of cameramen, producers etc. especially on Jim'll Fix It. I'm not claiming they all knew what went on but there is a bigger scope for investigating than just the few celeb pals and so on, that seem almost too obvious?. It sounds like this latest arrest may be one of the people he worked with at the BBC though, possibly? (hoping this doesn't now get deleted). Ray Teret was either questioned or arrested but I don't know if anyone else has, in terms of fairly unknown people who worked alongside him?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm giving up here for tonight, but thank you Izzy S and Stargazer for your comments. Will do a catch-up in the morning. :)
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think celebs with wandering hands (with adults) should not be part of the same investigation. This is for two reasons. One, it distracts from the investigation into child abuse and two, while they may be creeps, they are not necessarily child abusers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    I do think celebs with wandering hands (with adults) should not be part of the same investigation. This is for two reasons. One, it distracts from the investigation into child abuse and two, while they may be creeps, they are not necessarily child abusers.

If the alleged crimes were against adults, then, yes, I think they should be part of a different operation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm giving up here for tonight, but thank you Izzy S and Stargazer for your comments. Will do a catch-up in the morning. :)

Your welcome :) its pretty quiet here lately, so probably won't be much to catch up with. I'm off to bed now too.

Yes, I question why the third strand of Operation Yewtree is still under the Yewtree umbrella, as it were. If people allege someone else assaulted them and there isn't a direct link to JS, then I'm at a bit of a loss as to why its linked, other than that its historic abuse? (and does perhaps only one allegation of a grope to someone older count as abuse as such, or 'just' sexual assault, legally speaking? if thats the case). Aren't there other cases of historic abuse that are investigated under different operations, or is the link because these are people who are, or were, in the entertainment business? it seems a little tedious (I can't think of a better word right now).
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tenuous maybe? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Here we go....
    Police investigating a paedophile ring in south-west London make their first arrest, according to Sky News sources.

More follows...

http://news.sky.com/story/1048282/london-paedophile-ring-first-arrest-made
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tenuous maybe? :)

Yes lol

Seems this is in relation to the Elm Guest House child abuse investigation
    Two arrests in Elm Guest House child abuse investigation http://itv.co/XN2I9b via @lucymanning

Source:- https://twitter.com/itvnews/statuses/299095778511687680
    The allegations are about abuse at a children's home & guest house. Further allegations suggest prominent people were using Elm guest house.

Source:- https://twitter.com/lucymanning/statuses/299095850293018624
    Elm Guest House abuse arrests in part after info from @tom_watson Not actual allegation he raised in Commons but prompted more info on abuse

Source:- https://twitter.com/lucymanning/statuses/299096754396205056
    Ex youth worker Mary Moss has told ITV News she believes 1980s Elm Guest house abuse investigation shut down due to prominent names involved

Source:- https://twitter.com/lucymanning/statuses/299098362769207298
This discussion has been closed.