Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB 1) What are you talking about? He made plenty of mistakes - mistakes that were covered up by his pals (the police), and other members of authority. Be logical. He couldn't have carried on abusing for so long without being assisted by people in high places. Why are you so hell bent on defending a serial sexual predator????

BIB 2) Yeah - he was no normal human. I think that goes without saying.

BIB 3
    Not another world. His own world where he freely admitted he had the 'ultimate freedom' to do exactly what he wanted - and boy, didn't he take advantage of that!

I agree. There was certainly something not right with him, personality disorders, sociopathy/pscyhopathy, whatever it may be.
    I just read it and it seems that anything that was critical of management has been heavily redacted. So much for being open and honest about the report like Patten promised.

Reminds me of Hillsborough and how South Yorkshire police made sure that junior police statements were altered to remove criticism of those in charge. No one seems to care about the truth. They only seen to care about protecting the reputation of those in highly-paid positions. That's the priority. However, the public 'own' the BBC in that our licence fee is what funds them, so they should cut the crap and give us the report in FULL without a single redaction.

I hope they push for the full (un edited) story to be published. Maybe their hoping that since the scandal has somewhat quietened down in the press and its perhaps seen as slightly old news, they can publish a briefer report which may simply imply one or two general mistakes were made but vow to not make them again, with hopes that'll be enough to appease the public (if that makes sense? it took me a while to try to word that :o).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I also meant to say, I noticed there's a clip of JS on Parkinson when he talked (or more, showed off) in some detail about getting a girl into Buckingham Palace, yet in the Is This Your Life? show, he said that talking about The Royals was completely off limits, he wouldn't say a word about them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can the Pope be prosecuted?
    CNN http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/18/could-pope-benedict-be-put-on-trial/

although other sites are saying he'll be immune as long as he says at the Vatican.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy Savile scandal: judge's review contacted by more than 425 people
    Dame Janet Smith's investigation into sexual abuse at the BBC over five decades highlights scale of allegations it covers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/feb/18/jimmy-savile-scandal-judge-review

Dame Janet Smith Review site
    http://www.damejanetsmithreview.com/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    425 potential witnesses have contacted BBC Savile Inquiry
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jimmy-savile-scandal-425-witnesses-422109
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Oh I also meant to say, I noticed there's a clip of JS on Parkinson when he talked (or more, showed off) in some detail about getting a girl into Buckingham Palace, yet in the Is This Your Life? show, he said that talking about The Royals was completely off limits, he wouldn't say a word about them.

Maybe that's what the alleged falling out with the Duke of Edinburgh was about - either talking too much about the Royal Family with potentially incriminating or embarrassing stuff re the above and/or using their name to promote himself/show off/exaggerate his status with them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christs sake im sick of seeing this topic on the main page every damn day. Cant people just let it die.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    Maybe that's what the alleged falling out with the Duke of Edinburgh was about - either talking too much about the Royal Family with potentially incriminating or embarrassing stuff re the above and/or using their name to promote himself/show off/exaggerate his status with them.

Oh? I hadn't heard about a falling out. That would make sense though I suppose. There's also the story about the stolen trout in Glencoe (and the ladies in the french maid outfits) - I imagine Charles wasnt too keen to hear that being told.
  • sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christs sake im sick of seeing this topic on the main page every damn day. Cant people just let it die.
    How does it bother you exactly? It took you longer to post a complaint about it than it would have done to ignore it. How does it affect your life to see a topic on the front page??
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, it's an uncomfortable subject, but important issues and new revelations are ongoing and in the public interest, and it's crucial that we continue an open discussion and don't let this harrowing subject fade from view. Having said that, with the exception obviously of those who have passed away, the "Showbiz" heading now seems a bit frivolous, for such informative, serious debate, and perhaps it should be renamed and transferred to "General Discussion."? Just my thoughts.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Strictly speaking he wasn't a paedophile because, as I understand it, a paedophile can only be sexually excited when around pre-pubescent children and finds it difficult if not impossible to be attracted to adults, yet he had sexual relationships with people in their 20s and older. Plus there have been allegations of assaults by people as old as in their 40s. Someone suggested a more accurate label would be ephebophile.

This quote from the film "Jaws" explains why you don't see the term ephebophile :D

Mayor Vaughn: Martin, it's all psychological. You yell barracuda, everybody says, "Huh? What?" You yell shark, we've got a panic on our hands on the Fourth of July.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it's an uncomfortable subject, but important issues and new revelations are ongoing and in the public interest, and it's crucial that we continue an open discussion and don't let this harrowing subject fade from view. Having said that, with the exception obviously of those who have passed away, the "Showbiz" heading now seems a bit frivolous, for such informative, serious debate, and perhaps it should be renamed and transferred to "General Discussion."? Just my thoughts.

Agree. 'General Discussion' is where it now belongs. There's nothing 'Showbiz' about this thread and there never has been.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Agree. 'General Discussion' is where it now belongs. There's nothing 'Showbiz' about this thread and there never has been.

Not sure about that. JS was showbiz. This thread is about him and his associates. How do we know where the tentacles spread. JS was involved with showbiz, politicians, and royalty.

If this thread is moved, some of us might not know where.

Those who do not wish to read or participate need not. Simple.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    inquirer64 wrote: »
    Not sure about that. JS was showbiz. This thread is about him and his associates. How do we know where the tentacles spread. JS was involved with showbiz, politicians, and royalty.

If this thread is moved, some of us might not know where.

Those who do not wish to read or participate need not. Simple.

No, you misunderstand me. I mean that this forum is for the most part light and fairly inconsequential, dealing as it does in the main with random celebrity and increasingly, random zelebrity. I don't think this thread belongs here anymore, now that it's focused so intently on the outcome of the various investigations into child abuse and paedophilia. That is not 'Showbiz'.

And no need to offer the 'no need to read' option, thanks, I'm not saying the thread isn't important and doesn't hold a great deal of very useful info/links, I'm just agreeing with Nesta Robbins above re it's current relevance on the Showbiz forum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ireland apologises for 'slave labour' at Magdalene Laundries
    Taoiseach Enda Kenny forced into finally saying sorry for 'the hurt and trauma' caused to up to 10,000 Magdalene women
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/19/ireland-apologises-slave-labour-magdalene-laundries
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This quote from the film "Jaws" explains why you don't see the term ephebophile :D

Mayor Vaughn: Martin, it's all psychological. You yell barracuda, everybody says, "Huh? What?" You yell shark, we've got a panic on our hands on the Fourth of July.

Lol thats true I suppose.

Re:- the thread - I think the (pedantic) English teacher in me comes out at times since every time the next 'part' is started, I wonder if the spelling mistake in his surname will be rectified but its not (the double 'l'). I don't know why that bothers me, I suppose it doesn't really bother me as such, its just something I've noticed. Considering most people refer to him by his initials, maybe it should be renamed accordingly? but then that might confuse newer forum members who may not know what/who the topic is about.

I post mostly in the general discussion forum now - there are some good discussions there, though alot of seemingly inside jokes and things as well :confused: people seem to think the forum has dumbed down quite alot recently, which is a shame :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More archive newspaper articles re PIE, Elm Guest House
    http://spotlightonabuse.wordpress.com/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve done nothing wrong says violin teacher held in Chetham’s rape probe
    19 Feb 2013
    Tutor speaks out over historic sex allegations as police investigate six former staff of school
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/ive-done-nothing-wrong-says-1330784

Teacher quits music college amid sex allegations
    Head of strings is forced out of his job at RNCM as former Chetham's pupils call for answers in scandal
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/feb/19/teacher-quits-music-college
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There are lots of topics I am sick of seeing in General Discussion and elsewhere.

This is a serious topic and and needs to be brought out into the open so that on the contrary people 'can't just let it die'.

For various reasons, I think it should stay in the Showbiz forum.

If it makes some people uncomfortable, good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    No, you misunderstand me. I mean that this forum is for the most part light and fairly inconsequential, dealing as it does in the main with random celebrity and increasingly, random zelebrity. I don't think this thread belongs here anymore, now that it's focused so intently on the outcome of the various investigations into child abuse and paedophilia. That is not 'Showbiz'.

And no need to offer the 'no need to read' option, thanks, I'm not saying the thread isn't important and doesn't hold a great deal of very useful info/links, I'm just agreeing with Nesta Robbins above re it's current relevance on the Showbiz forum.

Save our Thread

I agree with what you say in theory but because of the length of the thread now, if it goes into GD there will be many who haven't read any of the links by BB, information and and thoughts and experiences and everything around that and will not do so. The tone of the thread will be overtaken and hijacked and even closed down which would be a waste of information and background to this case and the topic as a whole.

It has become a legendary thread in its own lifetime on Showbiz.
  • sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not observant at all. I didn't even realise this thread was in the Showbiz section because I have the thread bookmarked and don't get to see the front page. Now of course, I can see where it's located by looking at the top of this thread. Let's hope I'm never called as a witness to anything!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IPCC has asked West Yorks police & 6 other forces to review information on Jimmy Savile to see if action needed.

https://twitter.com/lucymanning/statuses/304183400120598528
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Former police inspector investigated over Jimmy Savile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21520060
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fred Bean wrote: »
    Former police inspector investigated over Jimmy Savile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21520060
    An ex-policeman is being investigated over claims he "acted on behalf" of Jimmy Savile before he was interviewed about sexual assault allegations.

The former police inspector has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) by West Yorkshire Police.

The officer allegedly contacted Surrey Police ahead of the late TV presenter being interviewed in 2009.

Something like this might explain how Savile got away with things for so long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The IPCC referral on the PoliceProfessional site

http://www.policeprofessional.com/news.aspx?id=15886
This discussion has been closed.