Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

Mr Wi-FiMr Wi-Fi Posts: 237
Forum Member
is it easy to get apps for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and what antivirus would recommended thanks

Comments

• david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the apps on the Google Play store that you download to a Samsing Galaxy 3 but you can't download to a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. DU Speed Booster is one app you can't download onto a Tab 3. How ridiculous is that?

AVG Antivirus is one you can download to a Tab 3.
  • Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a Tab 2 user and within the family we have various Samsung phones and a Note 8" and have never personally had or heard of any app that is incompatible with any of them. Don't forget Samsung has its own version of the Google Playstore which you can also find apps.

As for anti virus, you can certainly stick and find apps for all the better known brands but many offer facilities you will probably never need. Personally, I use one called CM Security by a company called Cheetah Mobile, whose apps seem to have very good reputations.
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knarf44 wrote: »
    I'm a Tab 2 user and within the family we have various Samsung phones and a Note 8" and have never personally had or heard of any app that is incompatible with any of them. Don't forget Samsung has its own version of the Google Playstore which you can also find apps.

As for anti virus, you can certainly stick and find apps for all the better known brands but many offer facilities you will probably never need. Personally, I use one called CM Security by a company called Cheetah Mobile, whose apps seem to have very good reputations.

I have AVG, CM, Norton and DU, to name 4 internet security apps installed on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and Tab 3 so there are several virus scanners I run and also clearing junk, releasing memory etc from those devices.

What I notice on the CM Battery Booster is when I press Boost you stop running apps, the battery time increases by 2 hours 40 minutes e.g. And then the battery capacity reduces by 1% within 3 minutes of the boost and suddenly the battery time reduces by 2 hours 52 minutes. Why is that? You think you've boosted it by 2 hours 40 minutes but you've not.
  • Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 security apps on your Tab 3 is overkill. Uninstall 3 of them or your tab will get really laggy. I removed the battery booster as I couldn't see any benefits from it. I get about 11 hours use between charges if I'm not downloading or watching movies and only browsing the internet and watching a few YouTube videos. I also keep the number of installed apps to the minimum which in itself helps battery life.