Options

What really obvious thing have you only just realised?

Comments

• Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its an old N reg Corsa, in France on UK plates. Because of its, age, I cannot get a full certificate of conformity from Opal France UNTIL I take it to the DRIRE for an emmisions test. Without a full certificate of conformity, I cannot get the carte grise from the Prefecture, which is the official document to get my French plates. Its a right pain in the ar5e !

My missus's 3 yo toyota just failed the French emission test - bit of a surprise for a relatively young car!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're welcome. Here is a photograph of the current University Challenge set, should you wish to view it.

http://www.stageone.co.uk/site-assets/images/projects/untitled-project/a_new_challenge_main.jpg

Oh god, I thought they were one on top of the other like blankety blank too. I feel really embarrassed now :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    When I was small I thought rhubarb yogurts were actually crab stick flavour yoghurt. I only ever glanced at the picture. I thought who would eat that?!
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this thread, learning things all the time, and realising I'm not the only who didn't know stuff for a while either!
  • Options
    SupersarahpSupersarahp Posts: 4,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember one day it suddenly dawned on me that the group Band Aid (who sang Do they know it's Christmas?) was a play on words - as in Band Aid - plaster.

I was like omg that's so clever!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    That the farmers at the start of 'The Wizard of Oz' were actually the scarecrow, tinman and lion in Dorothy's dream :o

In my defence, I've never really watched it properly all the way through but it still seems pretty obvious now...

Me too! And I used to watch it a lot. At the end when she wakes up and says to them "you were there, and you, and you" I used to think - no they weren't there why is she lying to them?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why it's called a "qwerty" keyboard. FFS, so obvious, I always wondered, then 2 minutes ago just staring at it, it was right there! <embarrassed>
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Queen's song Bohemian Rhapsody the line is

Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me

I (and my brothers) thought for years that it was:

Beelzebub has a devil for a sideboard.

I remember imaging hell with this devil shaped sideboard in the middle of it!!
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only a day or so ago did I realise, by accident, that you can instantly delete an e-mail on Windows Live by clicking on the cross icon. I've spent too many years manually clicking the box of each e-mail I wanted to delete and then selecting 'delete'!
  • Options
    ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Only a day or so ago did I realise, by accident, that you can instantly delete an e-mail on Windows Live by clicking on the cross icon. I've spent too many years manually clicking the box of each e-mail I wanted to delete and then selecting 'delete'!

Don't get me started on my computer keyboard shortcomings.

Drag and Drop, Copy and Paste, as for what the ESC key does, lord only knows.

Seriously though, there are some mega-dimwits about, didn't realise the front and rear number plates were different colours, come off ?
    Some folk must walk about in daze all day. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too! And I used to watch it a lot. At the end when she wakes up and says to them "you were there, and you, and you" I used to think - no they weren't there why is she lying to them?
    Professor marvel who she meets at the begining when she runs away also plays the wizzard,the man that drives the horse of a different colour and the man that aswers the door when they reach the emerald city
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously though, there are some mega-dimwits about, didn't realise the front and rear number plates were different colours, come off ?

Did you not realise that the whole point of this thread is to show that nothing is obvious? We all have have our little blind spots.

Now let me think. What's yours....?
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well I must be one of the "mega dim-wits" :D

I just drive my car. I never take a good look at the number plates back and front. Why would I? :confused::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I must be one of the "mega dim-wits" :D

I just drive my car. I never take a good look at the number plates back and front. Why would I? :confused::p

OK then, extol your thickness if it gives you pleasure :D
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK then, extol your thickness if it gives you pleasure :D

Have you read this thread? Its just a laugh!
  • Options
    FrankJaegerFrankJaeger Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Some of the people in this thread are just a bit dim.
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are gaps in everyone's knowledge, so scorning other folk for not knowing the things you know is a bit silly.
    Because there is no doubt they'll be completely familiar with things you're surprised to learn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    There are gaps in everyone's knowledge, so scorning other folk for not knowing the things you know is a bit silly.
    Because there is no doubt they'll be completely familiar with things you're surprised to learn.

The OP mentions " Really Obvious " in the title, some of the examples have been blindingly obvious to most normally brained people. :)

However up till a few years ago I thought the word Misled [ meaning to guide wrongly or lead astray ] was pronounced Misselled instead of Miss-led :rolleyes:
  • Options
    woofwoof77woofwoof77 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That the song 'Give it up' by KC and sunshine band was actually sung by a white man.

All this time i thought it was by an all black group ,think i may have got them mixed up with Kool and the gang lol :o
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woofwoof77 wrote: »
    That the song 'Give it up' by KC and sunshine band was actually sung by a white man.

All this time i thought it was by an all black group ,think i may have got them mixed up with Kool and the gang lol :o

I get KC & Sunshine Band mixed up with Katrina & the Waves. :D

I always assumed Sigourney Weaver was a male, just found out that she's actually a woman. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That the radio dj/journalist jeremy vine and the comedian tim vine are brothers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that sharon osbourne has another child called aimee .
  • Options
    OndineOndine Posts: 3,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought until only a couple of years ago that the Ku Klux Klan were called the Klu Klux Klan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^haha me too

That your belly button is from where you were connected to your mother by a cord .

Didn't realise it was also called the naval.
    I thought the naval was another word for private lady parts below lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woofwoof77 wrote: »
    ^haha me too

That your belly button is from where you were connected to your mother by a cord .

Didn't realise it was also called the naval.
    I thought the naval was another word for private lady parts below lol

Navel actually, but close enough for DS. I shudder to think how many DS peeps think ladies give birth through their navel. :rolleyes:

On a similar but opposite tack, how many of us have problems with stuff that everyone thinks is obvious, but we are yet to be convinced ?

The moon controls the earth's tides, yeah right ?

Prove it to me in a sentence smartypantaloons.