The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• AgeOfParanoiaAgeOfParanoia Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    Happens in Dark is going to be shown on The Chart Show, sky 365 at 3.55pm, 5.55pm 7.55pm and 9.55pm today :)

Thanks for that rosemary. Was at work for the first play, and missed the next 2, and just managed to catch the last one. I was just wondering, do you think they got a 12" vinyl pressed with the track, or did they just stick a label on someone else's coloured vinyl???
  • ErtanaErtana Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    There has been a drop of over 600 twitter followers in the last 24 hours. They usually gain between 1300 and 2000 followers per week, on average, during a 'normal' period. So it's quite a significant amount. Have I missed something? Or maybe the volume of tweets over the last 24hrs caused non-fan followers to unfollow? Their followers do sometimes dip a bit, but not like this? :confused:
  • flowerduckflowerduck Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a bit weird Ertana but I have just clicked on a few of their 'followers' near the top and about 6 so far I have checked say that 'sorry that user is suspended'. They are all the ones with one name - possibly strikes me as some of the 'spam' accounts maybe...
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flowerduck wrote: »
    It is a bit weird Ertana but I have just clicked on a few of their 'followers' near the top and about 6 so far I have checked say that 'sorry that user is suspended'. They are all the ones with one name - possibly strikes me as some of the 'spam' accounts maybe...

If twitter are deleting spam accounts, that would explain the drop in followers, because I do see genuine ones following them all he time, lots of UK accounts at the moment,, particularly Wales for some reason.
  • flowerduckflowerduck Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those spam accounts drive me mad..I do hope Twitter is clamping down. And then there are some accounts that are really nasty and I do wonder how they manage to keep going... I saw one the other day and 'she' was spouting off some really horrid stuff (mainly a 1D hate account I think) to other people. Ah well, the good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to the internet. That said, I would hate to be without it now :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vote for Jedward as most random tweeters in this Heat poll

http://www.heatworld.com/Fun-Stuff/2013/03/Vote-now-for-heats-Twitter-Awards/

And add them into any other appropriate category
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I"m back
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they will be loads of activity on here when they hit Australia
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The jedward appreciation thread is at the top of the X factor appreciation thread
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For anyone who missed it, the Twins did a webcam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmpD20Li4hI&feature=youtu.be

Some interesting stuff and very funny :)
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ertana wrote: »
    There has been a drop of over 600 twitter followers in the last 24 hours. They usually gain between 1300 and 2000 followers per week, on average, during a 'normal' period. So it's quite a significant amount. Have I missed something? Or maybe the volume of tweets over the last 24hrs caused non-fan followers to unfollow? Their followers do sometimes dip a bit, but not like this? :confused:

A couple of months ago they had a sudden massive jump in followers. It turned out a fan had bought them followers, probably thinking if she "helped" them get to 750,000 faster, then fans would be rewarded with a followers video. The trouble is the fake accounts set up for those mass follows eventually get detected by Twitter and deleted, so I'd guess that's what has happened here.
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Congrats River_Tam, this is amazing!!!

has right cheered me up at a tricky personal time.
    Saying I gave it to their auntie in Killarney in Feb, I never really expected to see her in it!
    Forum Member
    A couple of months ago they had a sudden massive jump in followers. It turned out a fan had bought them followers, probably thinking if she "helped" them get to 750,000 faster, then fans would be rewarded with a followers video. The trouble is the fake accounts set up for those mass follows eventually get detected by Twitter and deleted, so I'd guess that's what has happened here.

Yes, this does seem to be the logical explanation. It was the first week of Feb when their followers jumped by about 20,000. I'm sure the fan meant well but it's certainly back-fired. Their follows are still dropping albeit much slower now.
    It's a pity as due to twitter clearing out those fake accounts, it's hard to tell how many new followers they've actually gained, especially with the buzz surrounding the Australian trip.
    Forum Member
    River_Tam wrote: »
    has right cheered me up at a tricky personal time.
    Saying I gave it to their auntie in Killarney in Feb, I never really expected to see her in it!

How many outfit's did you make for Blaze, River? That Pikachu outfit is soo cute :)
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, I have a non-fan friend who's currently living in Bangkok. He tweeted me to say he was sure he'd seen the Jeds in the lobby of his hotel today - two young twins dudes with spiked up blonde hair wearing suits. Obviously it wasn't them - we know that they are home in Dublin, but my friend insisted it was the Jeds. So this makes me wonder - are there Jed doppelgangers? Have their waxworks come to life and gone on a tropical holiday? I've asked my pal to take a photo if he sees them again. Until then, this will remain an intriguing mystery! :D
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ertana wrote: »
    How many outfit's did you make for Blaze, River? That Pikachu outfit is soo cute :)

They've got four, I must stop making them. Poor dog how many outfits can she need. But knitting been keeping me distracted.
    Made her a little "security" one too for a joke.

seems unlikely they've taken Blaze to Bangkok for a photo shoot on their space ship set. Which means there must be Jedward Dopplegangers or friend was hallucinating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    For anyone who missed it, the Twins did a webcam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmpD20Li4hI&feature=youtu.be

Some interesting stuff and very funny :)

Loved this webcam very jedward oz trip sounds it will be fruitful loads of tv shows/radio ! No concrete plans about touring yet but more promo is good! As they said they are only 21 and can visit all those places anytime

Will they need new songs to proform at panto this year just wondering maybe what those 9. Songs in la are for who knows? Or just album tracks
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this webcam very jedward oz trip sounds it will be fruitful loads of tv shows/radio ! No concrete plans about touring yet but more promo is good! As they said they are only 21 and can visit all those places anytime

Will they need new songs to proform at panto this year just wondering maybe what those 9. Songs in la are for who knows? Or just album tracks

I think those songs are primarily for the album, JR (which presumably is coming out in the autumn).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I think those songs are primarily for the album, JR (which presumably is coming out in the autumn).

I agree, I don't think they'd reveal anything before the album comes out. I'm so excited about new songs, Young Love was a direction to a more serious approach to music, I'm very interested to see if they'll develop a new sound for the next one.

I'm fantasizing right now, but I'd love them to do an acoustic album. They could do acoustic versions of their songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fantasizing right now, but I'd love them to do an acoustic album. They could do acoustic versions of their songs.
    After listening to them singing live in Canada, I'd love if they did acoustic versions of some of their songs, even if they're just JedwardTV videos, they've improved so much is unreal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    After listening to them singing live in Canada, I'd love if they did acoustic versions of some of their songs, even if they're just JedwardTV videos, they've improved so much is unreal.

Exactly, just them and guitar. It would be perfect... I have a list of songs in my head that I'd love for them to do covers. I've been listening to them so much, that when I hear some songs, I have this feeling, like I know exactly which part John would sing better and which part Edward. Or maybe I'm just obsessed :D
    Forum Member
    The twins twitter just jumped by a few hundred. I thought it was due to them being played on chart show but unfortunately the majority are fake accounts again :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's twitcam archived: http://twitcam.livestream.com/e7zhs

Not big news, every time someone asks them about Sweden, the new album, tours, etc, they don't give a proper answer. But they look so damn happy :) and John said something about "not being able to tell things"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the jedcam but would love a twitcam when they tell us what's coming up for the next few months! The nearest we got was we don't know what's happening about the marquee in cork

I'm not complaining I'm sure they have plenty irons in the fire and are unable to tell or confirm that to us yet
This discussion has been closed.