The Daily Pwice

Comments

• Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    We don't discuss her because we think she is such an amazing and talented person, we discuss her because it's like driving past a car crash... everyone slows down and has to have a look and go "thank god that isn't me..." :D

Absolutely .. and she thanks you for the advertising revenue you bring in, or even the web statistics you help add to when looking at web pages with her name in. It all helps. :)
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely .. and she thanks you for the advertising revenue you bring in, or even the web statistics you help add to when looking at web pages with her name in. It all helps. :)

Not nice to think people are laughing at her as well....
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Doesn't help her reputation though, does it?

Or how she will be remembered when she pops her clogs?

Or what her kids will see and hear about her as they get older?

She can thank herself for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

True, but its an addiction to the attention and lifestyle - her and him. No different from Cheryl, Tulisa, Amy etc. They are prepared to give up the privacy and self respect for the other.

If you look at shows like bb, xf, bgt plenty of people queuing up to be laughed at in the hope of getting on tv.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I honestly don't think she cares... And I do believe she goes out of her way to do rediculous things because she knows it will get in the media.. As someone pointed out any media is better than no media
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, but its an addiction to the attention and lifestyle - her and him. No different from Cheryl, Tulisa, Amy etc. They are prepared to give up the privacy and self respect for the other.

Cheryl, Tulisa et al (who's 'Amy' :confused:) don't generate the sort of press that KP does though and when they do it's for different reasons.
    If you look at shows like bb, xf, bgt plenty of people queuing up to be laughed at in the hope of getting on tv.

And it's precisely because of people like KP that these kind of shows proliferate. 'I wanna be a star - like yesterday like and I like wanna take the easiest route possible with the least work involved''. Most of the people you see in the early rounds that can't sing are mentally ill anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of the people you see in the early rounds that can't sing are mentally ill anyway.

that's a bit harsh Salty.. A lot of those who appear have been encouraged to by family members telling them they think they are good I would imagine
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl, Tulisa et al (who's 'Amy' :confused:) don't generate the sort of press that KP does though and when they do it's for different reasons.

Yes they do, in fact lately i'd say way more press than KP or PA - and its all for the same reason, to sell a product. Whether thats a record, merchandise or even just themselves. Amy Childs.
    And it's precisely because of people like KP that these kind of shows proliferate. 'I wanna be a star - like yesterday like and I like wanna take the easiest route possible with the least work involved''. Most of the people you see in the early rounds that can't sing are mentally ill anyway.

Wow, not a generalisation much - we'll have none of that here please lol :D But seriously, think you are right about the first bit of what you say there, its a mix as Betty says, dellusional people who have been convinced by others, and people who just want an easy life from being famous. Obviously a minority who have genuine talent and right reasons.
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the stories in the press arent even true but some fools believe every word.. Even when the mags have apologised and said they made it up...

I think the fools are the ones that think everything that's printed that's nice is the truth, and the horrible stuff must be blatant lies. I do think its funny that the fans and indeed Katie's management do the victory dance cause some mags apologise over some very superficial headlines, i do not recall there being any apology for the story's, like, Katie threatens to run over a fan, or Katie threatens to cut a journalist, now if an apology was issued for any of these kind of headlines, then yes, then is the time for the fans to do the victory dance, but alas no apologies were forth coming ;)
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every story in the papers has to be taken with a pinch of salt......Okay a bucket and that also includes anything Jordan says because she lies very often.....
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every story in the papers has to be taken with a pinch of salt......Okay a bucket and that also includes anything Jordan says because she lies very often.....

Agreed. Surely no one takes what is written in the red tops and gossip rags as gospel? :eek:

Still, it gives us all a good laugh as long as we don't take any of it too seriously :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Agreed. Surely no one takes what is written in the red tops and gossip rags as gospel? :eek:

Still, it gives us all a good laugh as long as we don't take any of it too seriously :D

SO true.....
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    I think the fools are the ones that think everything that's printed that's nice is the truth, and the horrible stuff must be blatant lies. I do think its funny that the fans and indeed Katie's management do the victory dance cause some mags apologise over some very superficial headlines, i do not recall there being any apology for the story's, like, Katie threatens to run over a fan, or Katie threatens to cut a journalist, now if an apology was issued for any of these kind of headlines, then yes, then is the time for the fans to do the victory dance, but alas no apologies were forth coming ;)
    This ^ . Totally.
    She isn't even cheesy. Cheesy is funny.
    I'm still :eek: at her writing in a 13 yr old's book about "wet dreams". One of her classier moments there.:rolleyes:
    She is just vile & keeps throwing stuff at others....mainly women I might add.
    A total misogynist without a doubt.
  • SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janna wrote: »
    This ^ . Totally.
    She isn't even cheesy. Cheesy is funny.
    I'm still :eek: at her writing in a 13 yr old's book about "wet dreams". One of her classier moments there.:rolleyes:
    She is just vile & keeps throwing stuff at others....mainly women I might add.
    A total misogynist without a doubt.

I'd completely forgotten about what she wrote in that young lad's book. Disgusting! Mind you, what kind of mother would take their young child to see that dirty old sploshpot in the first place? It beggars belief! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That wouldn't be me then.. Because I'm not stupid enough to believe a person is always good and never does anything wrong and is the perfect parent etc.. As for the Katie threatens to cut a journalist...why didn't he journalist go to the police if t the story was true.. Because I would of .. I have no idea about the running a fan over story... So can't comment
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That wouldn't be me then.. Because I'm not stupid enough to believe a person is always good and never does anything wrong and is the perfect parent etc.. As for the Katie threatens to cut a journalist...why didn't he journalist go to the police if t the story was true.. Because I would of .. I have no idea about the running a fan over story... So can't comment

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2596072/Katie-Price-threatens-to-run-fan-over.html :o The point is, the apologies given my some mags were given over superficial headlines, i want to know about headlines like these, or are they true, she did not sue, so would that make them true? I would say no one is perfect, but who is stating that they are
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2596072/Katie-Price-threatens-to-run-fan-over.html :o The point is, the apologies given my some mags were given over superficial headlines, i want to know about headlines like these, or are they true, she did not sue, so would that make them true? I would say no one is perfect, but who is stating that they are

I'm not sure if you can sure when they print "alleged" because they are not saying that it happened just that someone has said it did.. Hear say ...
    On a side not Kay ... Im not being rude but I won't read anything posted if its from the scum newspaper ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if you can sure when they print "alleged" because they are not saying that it happened just that someone has said it did.. Hear say ...
    On a side not Kay ... Im not being rude but I won't read anything posted if its from the scum newspaper ..

which is kind of ironic since Jordan has a column in that paper.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know Mr D, but I guess that kind of double-standard can be overlooked by some when it's lining the pockets of the great goddess of all things tacky, La Pwicey eh? ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where is the irony ... I haven't read that trash in nearly 24 years .. And it isn't allowed in my home..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skaface wrote: »
    I know Mr D, but I guess that kind of double-standard can be overlooked by some when it's lining the pockets of the great goddess of all things tacky, La Pwicey eh? ;):D

If I had double standards ... I'd read it because she does a column in it surely :rolleyes:

By stating clearly I WON'T READ IT because it's from that rag it shows I stick to my principles
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had double standards ... I'd read it because she does a column in it surely :rolleyes:

By stating clearly I WON'T READ IT because it's from that rag it shows I stick to my principles

WOOOOOSH! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WOOOOOSH! :D :

Deleted because I don't want to get into an arguement with someone over something very personal to me ...
  • QueeniepopsQueeniepops Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WOOOOOSH! :D :

Deleted because I don't want to get into an arguement with someone over something very personal to me ...

Betty I understand what you're referring to, sometimes it's just best to step back...I'm so sorry you suffered, truly disgusting business all round , let's hope that the guilty start to pay and soon x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Betty I understand what you're referring to, sometimes it's just best to step back...I'm so sorry you suffered, truly disgusting business all round , let's hope that the guilty start to pay and soon x

Thank you Queeniepops .. Justice is coming xx
This discussion has been closed.