Options

BBC 5 Live General Chit Chat

Comments

• Options
    curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrankBT wrote: »
    Apparently so, as far back as four years ago. Looks like they managed it without any publicity.

http://westham.wordpress.com/2008/01/06/my-west-ham-mark-sandell/

Good heavens, well I never knew that !
  • Options
    radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After all the BBC's adverts for the sessions on the Scots' Referendum this week. Although I personally do not have a vote or say I am very interested in hearing both cases and the positions on the subs the funding the postal service etc.; i am looking forward to this week's debate and the general debate..
    My only worry is whether the time available after all the news sports weather traffic bbc adverts mutual admiration of the country city venue and hosts happen; and the quality of the chair/presenter guests and callers will do the subject matter justice?
    We will have to see.
  • Options
    pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After all the BBC's adverts for the sessions on the Scots' Referendum this week. Although I personally do not have a vote or say I am very interested in hearing both cases and the positions on the subs the funding the postal service etc.; i am looking forward to this week's debate and the general debate..
    My only worry is whether the time available after all the news sports weather traffic bbc adverts mutual admiration of the country city venue and hosts happen; and the quality of the chair/presenter guests and callers will do the subject matter justice?
    We will have to see.

Listening to this at the moment with Derbyshire, and the truth is it is set up to be a rabble. Asking people to move seats during the debate is just going to be a nonsense. I fear for this to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just about to listen, I think it's on BBC 2 as well, if it's too awful, I'll just switch off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly a move forward. Every contributor is complaining on not being provided with the information to even think about making a decision. There is a paucity of "experts" on today's programme. Very disappointing. Eddy Mair or Jonathan Dimblebee would have been a better choice of presenter. Someone who could cut through the flannel. The likes of Gasbag Kinnock would have been at home today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was quite loud & aggressive wasn't it ?
  • Options
    Harry_StevensHarry_Stevens Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a mess of a debate,the shouty, shouty, racist party wins again.........All English people have great jobs great lives and are all wealthy Tories living of Scottish oil ......The girl that said she was voting yes because of free education and free prescriptions ect should have been reminded that nothing is free and somebody as to pay for it if not her.......
    Total mess and nothing but "lets get a pointless Sony award to bang on about".........:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a mess of a debate,the shouty, shouty, racist party wins again.........All English people have great jobs great lives and are all wealthy Tories living of Scottish oil ......The girl that said she was voting yes because of free education and free prescriptions ect should have been reminded that nothing is free and somebody as to pay for it if not her.......
    Total mess and nothing but "lets get a pointless Sony award to bang on about".........:mad:

It was everything I feared it would be.

Can you point out any racism that occurred during it though.

You can then point out where anyone claimed that all English people have great jobs and are all wealthy.

It was a mess of a programme, that doesn't excuse your utter ignorance though.
  • Options
    CyrilTheWaspCyrilTheWasp Posts: 2,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About as clear as mud her Scottish adventure was.Did they put something in their pre show coffee ? I listened to some of this debate but must admit I am non the wiser. People just raising their voice doesn't help the situation.I heard someone in the audience query Derbyshire about some facts she had apparently researched and produced and as usual Vic's voice was sent higher at this point , as if to say, how dare you question me I'm blinkin Victoria Derbyshire ! Don't you know ?

That woman from Rab C Nesbitt had plenty to say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Car Crash radio with a bunch of numpties given oxygen at our expense.
    Can hear her now "well that went well"
    No it damn well did not. Give me Tony Livesey et al any day of the week.

Bye bye Victoria there is the expenses form for your travel up here and hotel - there is the exit door.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pedrok wrote: »
    It was everything I feared it would be.

Can you point out any racism that occurred during it though.

You can then point out where anyone claimed that all English people have great jobs and are all wealthy.

It was a mess of a programme, that doesn't excuse your utter ignorance though.

The implication where there for all to hear and even members of the audience noted the anti English "we are all well off" attitude stance from a large part of the audience. The words Newcastle and Liverpool where then used to remind them that not all English people are living in clover...

If you want ignorance then how about the no representation for Scotland at Westminster claim , Blair,Brown around fifteen years of Scottish UK led government, and not to mention all the Scottish MPs who still reside there.

The Irish guy that claimed you don't need England .and then mentioned the money troubles they had but they are all right now, he of course failed to mention that the British taxpayer had forked out around a £7 billion loan to help keep Ireland afloat.

And the way the SNP thugs treated Nigel Farage when he visited Scotland was a disgrace, imagine the Tories or Labour supporters treating Alex Salmond like that when in England and then the party leaders supporting the vile actions.

The Scot SNP supporter that was on BBC question (Glasgow) time stating the Scots in England are abused and beaten up by the English, George Galloway put him straight on that one and told him not to listen to the SNP.............

Seems it's not me that needs to do some re listening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The implication where there for all to hear and even members of the audience noted the anti English "we are all well off" attitude stance from a large part of the audience. The words Newcastle and Liverpool where then used to remind them that not all English people are living in clover...

If you want ignorance then how about the no representation for Scotland at Westminster claim , Blair,Brown around fifteen years of Scottish UK led government, and not to mention all the Scottish MPs who still reside there.

The Irish guy that claimed you don't need England .and then mentioned the money troubles they had but they are all right now, he of course failed to mention that the British taxpayer had forked out around a £7 billion loan to help keep Ireland afloat.

And the way the SNP thugs treated Nigel Farage when he visited Scotland was a disgrace, imagine the Tories or Labour supporters treating Alex Salmond like that when in England and then the party leaders supporting the vile actions.

The Scot SNP supporter that was on BBC question (Glasgow) time stating the Scots in England are abused and beaten up by the English, George Galloway put him straight on that one and told him not to listen to the SNP.............

Seems it's not me that needs to do some re listening.

Utter, ignorant rubbish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    So, Miss Victoria has a horror of "phone ins dominated by white, middle class males with nasally voices".

She's the epitome of non biased journalism ain't she?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pedrok wrote: »
    Utter, ignorant rubbish.

Do you want links.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i6EPEgojiE

Also no listen did you not hear the person that went from the undecided camp to the no section not because of the polices but because of the hatred being spouted by the mouthy yes brigade,

And then the yes brigade where told to stop shouting down people who had a different opinion to them.

Are you sure you where not listening to Talksport at the time? because you certainly don't know what was going out on 5 live Mr no listen .....:p
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, Miss Victoria has a horror of "phone ins dominated by white, middle class males with nasally voices".

Well, that's Ed Miliband crossed off her list of phone-in callers then:o
  • Options
    deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Queen Vic back or has she took the rest of the week off with altitude sickness...

Oh my! She has just dropped in to Salford on her way home.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    What a mess the VD independence debate was yesterday. The behaviour of the Yes Campaign rabble made me think maybe the rest of the UK would be better off without these battered Mars Bar eaters.

Then to report in the news bulletin that more voted for independence 84 to 83 was pointless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Derbyshire and her producer Louisa Compton appear to have a really serious psychological problem regarding the male species.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She obviously doesn't have any problem with burkah wearing Muslim women this morning........:yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Substitute "white" with another ethnicity and that would be racism.
  • Options
    Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't need to substitute anything, it is racist.

Started the show with 2 women, one in favour of the burkah and one not. 1 hour later, there's exactly the same discussion with 2 females both in favour of wearing it. They're both in the studio too, interesting watching.
  • Options
    Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is the show on a loop today ?

They've replayed a replay of the 'highlights' (viz ignorant rantings) of the show yesterday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started the show with 2 women, one in favour of the burkah and one not. 1 hour later, there's exactly the same discussion with 2 females both in favour of wearing it. They're both in the studio too, interesting watching.

You just knew that Vic was going to give Stig Abell from the Sun a hard time and any caller who she could start raising her voice to.The usual predictable bias from Derbyshire.When is she off next ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QUOTE=Lone Drinker;68716044]You don't need to substitute anything, it is racist.

Yes well that was a balanced discussion wasn't it ? I hear she only asked women to ring if they had/hadn't decided to wear the veil.

No one was invited to ring in if they thought women wearing the niqab in public made other people feel uneasy !

I don't like of the Sun, but I think they're right in this case .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The behaviour of the Yes Campaign rabble made me think maybe the rest of the UK would be better off without these battered Mars Bar eaters..

And even more ingorant nonsense.
This discussion has been closed.