Options

the kate bush appreciation thread

Comments

• Options
    PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babelogue wrote: »
    Try not to worry too much Poppyseed. The article on BBC (taken from the press release about the new shows) seemed to suggest that it was just the pre sale that sold out, and the unexpected demand led to extra dates being added.

Phew, I do hope so, I just can't see how the public could buy tickets then without owning a pre sale. Everyone who got their tickets are so lucky I am very nervous for tomorrow.
  • Options
    barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PoppySeed wrote: »
    Phew, I do hope so, I just can't see how the public could buy tickets then without owning a pre sale. Everyone who got their tickets are so lucky I am very nervous for tomorrow.

Me too. I've actually made myself cry just imagining what it would be like to not get tickets :blush::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. I've actually made myself cry just imagining what it would be like to not get tickets :blush::cry:

Although I've not been to a concert for many years I have seen big stars at their peak but never have I suffered such excitement or nerves at the prospect of seeing this one musician.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although I've not been to a concert for many years I have seen big stars at their peak but never have I suffered such excitement or nerves at the prospect of seeing this one musician.

I don't go to many concerts but Kate is one of those artists I feel you just HAVE to see and not just because she hasn't performed live for so long, but because her music is so special.

David Bowie is the only other artist I'd get even half as excited about seeing live at this point in my life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't go to many concerts but Kate is one of those artists I feel you just HAVE to see and not just because she hasn't performed live for so long, but because her music is so special.

David Bowie is the only other artist I'd get even half as excited about seeing live at this point in my life.

I've seen Bowie live:) Although it was in his eighties period which isn't vintage Bowie but I still enjoyed it. I saw Madonna in the nineties but it left me cold, full of scripted swearing which I found cringey. Kate is in a league of her own but I've always rather liked the fact she doesn't really appeal to the masses in a way Madonna or Rhianna etc do.
  • Options
    digit aldigit al Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digit al wrote: »

I think the original KT bush band line up would have been nice but it seems kate thinks differently.
    I also notice that Del Palmer has gone conspicuously quiet on Facebook. :)
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member

Yes. I saw him live, about 30ft from the front and therefore directly before me, on his supposed farewell greatest hits tour. Absolutely fantastic music, and dripping with charisma.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got tickets yay! Managed to get Row E in the middle block for the stalls! So happy! :D
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went with circle. Already sort of wishing I'd spent a bit more for stalls but i'm happy just to have a ticket to see her really. They seemed to be selling out very quickly so I doubt I could have changed my mind anyway.
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got tickets yay! Managed to get Row E in the middle block for the stalls! So happy! :D

They're better seats than I got in the pre sale! We'll done, I'm pleased for you, not at all jealous :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're better seats than I got in the pre sale! We'll done, I'm pleased for you, not at all jealous :)

Thanks! I was getting ill leading up to it and then it twice took me into a waiting room which made me worse. So happy that I managed to get tickets, especially seeing the date I chose (23rd September) were sold out a few minutes later. Just a bonus to get really good seats! I also expect something to go wrong though, so now I'm worried that my card won't be taken or something.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 23/09 too but up in the circle. I shall look down upon you with envious eyes. ;)
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also expect something to go wrong though, so now I'm worried that my card won't be taken or something.

It'll take a while for your stress levels to go down probably! I was at work when I got mine on Wednesday and it wasn't a very productive morning, I was a wreck even after I'd got tickets! Hope there's a few more happy people on here today and not too many disappointments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 23/09 too but up in the circle. I shall look down upon you with envious eyes. ;)

I will give you a wave :p
    It'll take a while for your stress levels to go down probably! I was at work when I got mine on Wednesday and it wasn't a very productive morning, I was a wreck even after I'd got tickets! Hope there's a few more happy people on here today and not too many disappointments.

I hope so too. There will be so many people who would love to get the chance to see her perform live, especially if they didn't get to see her in 79'. Hope they now have that chance. Me, I'm so ecstatic about it, I'm off to dance to Eat The Music :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good to see most people here have been successful.

Very pleased to have my tickets for one of the (early) August dates, simply because it has occurred to me that KB not having performed live for so long might not be able to stand up to repeated shows, night after night.

Fingers crossed that all is well for the entire run.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I worried about that too and wanted August but couldn't get. I'm right at the tail end of September but frankly if all she wants to do is sit down and recite her shopping list to me I don't care:)
  • Options
    digit aldigit al Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I worried about that too and wanted August but couldn't get. I'm right at the tail end of September but frankly if all she wants to do is sit down and recite her shopping list to me I don't care:)

Still you got tickets and well done you:)
    Despite getting mine on Wednesday I couldn't help feel for the fans who had to join the scrum this morning. It's being said tickets sold out in 7 minutes :o
    Well done everyone and thank you Kate :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. I saw him live, about 30ft from the front and therefore directly before me, on his supposed farewell greatest hits tour. Absolutely fantastic music, and dripping with charisma.

You lucky sod! :D

I am very jealous. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very pleased to have my tickets for one of the (early) August dates, simply because it has occurred to me that KB not having performed live for so long might not be able to stand up to repeated shows, night after night.

Fingers crossed that all is well for the entire run.

I see no reason to worry about Kate's health at this point as I doubt she'd take on that many shows if she didn't feel up to it. Hopefully all will go well and we'll have no reason to be concerned. There's nothing to suggest we should be worrying about Kate's health and I hope that's correct.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You lucky sod! :D

I am very jealous. :)

It was at the NEC in Birmingham, and I happened to know the right people at the time to get in for free, along with a mate. We'd expected to be found a space at the back somewhere, but my contact marched us through the crowds and plonked us directly in front of Bowie's microphone stand.

Having been just that bit too young to see the great man in his Ziggy pomp, I was delighted to get this chance, and it remains in my top three gigs. The others, in case you're curious, being Prince and Elvis Costello.

At the end of August, I'm hoping that KB will take one of those top three places with her show. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see no reason to worry about Kate's health at this point as I doubt she'd take on that many shows if she didn't feel up to it.

Fore sure, she wouldn't do the residency if she didn't feel good, and I'm not suggesting otherwise.

It's just that performing does take it out any artiste, and KB - glorious though she remains - is in her mid 50's now. Hopefully, she will take good care of herself, and all will be well. It would be horrible for fans and KB alike if vocal stress caused any cancellations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just since paranoia has set ii, I feel the need to ask, they do have a good system in place for when multiple sites are selling tickets to the same concert, don't they? I bought my tickets from Eventim but I'm hoping those same tickets didn't come up as available on Ticketmaster. I don't want there to be a problem of a double booking. I really don't go to concerts enough to know how it works.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    happy birthday to me - got tickets - kinda resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't ... and i did :) I was registered to the fish people site and never received pre codes.... so I am very happy :)
  • Options
    zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats to everyone who got tickets, now the wait... tap tap tap

Another thing that has crossed my mind, anyone who isn't going on the first night, are you going to try avoiding forums etc... so that the set list and performances come as a complete surprise? Or do you want to know what to expect? I'm kinda liking the idea of a complete surprise, but not sure I'll be able to resist reading reviews.