[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    DC1983 wrote: »
    It really does look awful. The music is terrible too. I think Ladies Of London could have been really good, but the casting is bad, the intro is bad. Everything about it seems bad. I will give it a watch when it's on, but I don't hold much hope for it.

The song itself is cheesy and doesnt fit the show at all I was expecting something like the BH intro in terms of style but no we get something I could of edited in an hour :blush:

Someone on reality tea made a good comment that Bravo were going to call it Real Housewives of London but what with Miami flopping they dont want to do further damage to the Real Housewives brand so by calling it Ladies Of London if it bombs then it won't harm Bravo's credit for RH I think this true tbh because its exactly like RH just with a different name. Im hoping its going to be good but from reading peoples comments about it I'm not hyped for it anymore :( I have wanted a RH london for so long and now it looks like Bravo may have butchered the whole thing.

Miami looks further doomed as that was the only city not in attendance last night at the up fronts :cry: Bravo should just put us out of our misery and just say its cancelled because it obviously has unless they are just waiting for the winter?
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught up on NYC and I am LOVING this season - the best in years imo!

Ramona continues to bring the crazy throwing a glass in Kristen's face... wtf! Can't imagine the show without her though, she's so entertaining!

Sonja is ofc having a meltdown and that's pretty clear but her head is so far in the clouds its quite unsettling.

Heather's one liners have been cracking me up all season, but she's just too 'ghetto' for NY... She's too much of a tom-boy to be glamorous.

Carole I quite like. Her row with Aviva has been quite funny but I hope she moves on from that now.

Aviva is insane but I love her :p definitely the best casting of a new HW. However, I don't know why she's been cut off the opening sequence?? she's still part of the show?

Kristen is really pretty and does perk the show up! She's settled in really well and stands up for herself, which is refreshing. Liking her so far.

LuAnn - I was never a fan, but this season she's been great! I like her in this role, even if she is more or less a main cast member...

I hope this season does well as it deserves to, it's been really entertaining so far!
    Forum Member
    Nebworth90 wrote: »
    Caught up on NYC and I am LOVING this season - the best in years imo!

Ramona continues to bring the crazy throwing a glass in Kristen's face... wtf! Can't imagine the show without her though, she's so entertaining!

Sonja is ofc having a meltdown and that's pretty clear but her head is so far in the clouds its quite unsettling.

Heather's one liners have been cracking me up all season, but she's just too 'ghetto' for NY... She's too much of a tom-boy to be glamorous.

Carole I quite like. Her row with Aviva has been quite funny but I hope she moves on from that now.

Aviva is insane but I love her :p definitely the best casting of a new HW. However, I don't know why she's been cut off the opening sequence?? she's still part of the show?

Kristen is really pretty and does perk the show up! She's settled in really well and stands up for herself, which is refreshing. Liking her so far.

LuAnn - I was never a fan, but this season she's been great! I like her in this role, even if she is more or less a main cast member...

I hope this season does well as it deserves to, it's been really entertaining so far!

Yeah this season has been the best one for me since S3 S4 was dark and S5........:D

Aviva apparently refused to go on this this trip with the women and also all the women apart from Ramona are on 7 week contracts in other words if they aint brining drama OR in Aviva's case refusing to film then they can drop them just like that but Aviva will be back i think 2 episodes from now. I do like Aviva but i feel she is trying to be Jill which will never happen lol.
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't understand why it's called "Ladies of London" if only 2 of the cast members are from London?

I also read online that the show includes "one of the biggest fights on reality TV", then I watched the 2 minute trailer, and I didn't see anything that looked like a huge fight.
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ladies of London is going to be similar to the earlier seasons of New York. Alex McCord thinks the same too - she now uploads her videos via her own Youtube channel.
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havent missed Aviva at all the last few weeks and I quite like her and find her entertaining, I think that's because the other women have been so entertaining.
    Forum Member
    Now this makes sense why Ramona wanted to leave i dont blame tbh if producers got caught wind of this they would of eaten that up.

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/05/16/did-ramona-singer-flee-the-berkshires-hoping-to-catch-mario-singer-cheating-in-the-hamptons/
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ladies of London is going to be similar to the earlier seasons of New York. Alex McCord thinks the same too - she now uploads her videos via her own Youtube channel.

I agree. I really hope it's good as despite the title, it's 'The Real Housewives Of London' to me. Just saw an interview with Caroline Stanbury talking about the show. I think she's gonna get on my nerves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I am going to jump aboard the RHONY love train! This season has been so good and FUNNY :D I haven't really missed Aviva but I suppose that is because Ramona has taken the villain role on this trip. Ramona is obviously in the wrong and the fact she won't even apologise but it did get a bit annoying when Kristen kept going on and on and on about it. Luann has been so good this year but I don't want her back full time really. I don't need to see her at home tbh but seeing her at parties is great :)

Ladies of London does seem like it will be good but I can't see where the laughs are going to come from. I'm sure there will be drama but I don't want to see just ladies arguing all the time :o and I'm with you Daisiesfan from the 20 minute preview Caroline was the one I had pegged as the villain of the series :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimkam_kim wrote: »
    I'm with you Daisiesfan from the 20 minute preview Caroline was the one I had pegged as the villain of the series :p

I'm surprised people think that. I thought it was going to be the brunette, not Annabelle but the other one.

Apparently Aviva is missing from the Montana episodes as well - she should have been demoted rather than Lu.
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised people think that. I thought it was going to be the brunette, not Annabelle but the other one.

Apparently Aviva is missing from the Montana episodes as well - she should have been demoted rather than Lu.

If Aviva is missing two trips then surely her spot next season might be that she is either dropped or demoted, refusing to film annoys producers and because Aviva is the villain well tries to be they are missing valuable drama so if i was them i would be pissed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    If Aviva is missing two trips then surely her spot next season might be that she is either dropped or demoted, refusing to film annoys producers and because Aviva is the villain well tries to be they are missing valuable drama so if i was them i would be pissed.

There's a lot of rumours that she's being fired after this season. I wonder if they will even bother to add her back into the intro.

I think It's pretty much guaranteed that Kyle, Yolanda & Kim will be back on BH next season, they've been hanging out and even flying with the big guys from Evolution at/to the Upfronts. It's strange that all the HW shows only got 2 invites to the Upfronts but BH got 3. I would have thought Atlanta would have gotten the 3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ agreed. Yolanda, Kim and Kyle being at the upfronts are basically confirmations.
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a lot of rumours that she's being fired after this season. I wonder if they will even bother to add her back into the intro.

I think It's pretty much guaranteed that Kyle, Yolanda & Kim will be back on BH next season, they've been hanging out and even flying with the big guys from Evolution at/to the Upfronts. It's strange that all the HW shows only got 2 invites to the Upfronts but BH got 3. I would have thought Atlanta would have gotten the 3.
    Well the upfronts are to sell to advertisers and to parade to advertisers the faces that will help sell their wares.

And Beverly Hill sells more to the bigger players because advertisers like white women (because the biggest consumer is the white woman)... especially rich white women living an aspirational life style (and you don't get much more aspirational than Beverly Hills). Like I say rating aside there is a reason why the likes of Beverly Hills are supported more than other franchises.
  • XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been catching up with NYC. Add me to the appreciation list, NY is fabulous this season. This was a great ep, Ramona is crazy, but then we all know that. She's certainly ratcheted it up for this trip, maybe she is trying to fill Aviva's role as villain of the piece! :p Her getaway from the trip was ridiculous, and typical Ramona. Im loving Kristen, she's a great addition to the show. Did she overplay the lip thing a little? Probably, but it was no worse than Ramona constantly going on about her hair every 5 seconds! Id love to know her fascination with it, frankly her hair looks a riot half the time, and what is with the one roller in her fringe?! Its gonna take more than that to fix it honey! I'm not sure where Ramona is getting her blow-dry, but if I were them Id be begging her to never mention them! :D

Sonja on the boat was hilarious. That poor kid, he looked terrified :D Cougar on the prowl! And Lu, she has been a revelation so far, I never thought Id say this but I'm enjoying the Countess much more than I used to!

I'm glad Aviva will be back soon, but honestly, she wasn't on this trip, and if she isn't going to be on the next either then what is the point? I cant stand it when Housewives don't participate, I really do. If your not going to film, or try to pick and choose your moments then why be on the show at all.

Ok, so Ladies of London. I cant wait for this show. I'm dying to watch this 20min preview, but it doesn't seem to be around anywhere, I guess ill just need to wait till the show starts properly to watch. I'm not a big fan of the intro, it looks so tacky, and like no thought has gone into it. I was hoping the intro would be more quality and glossier. This looks like a discarded intro of a Housewives show from years ago.

The NJ trailer was good. It looks much better than the previous few seasons. Change was needed big time after all the back and forth family dramas. Seeing Gia cry breaks my heart :cry:, it must be awful, she's a child, growing up on a reality show for all the world to see and have an opinion on, and now this mess that Tre and Juicy are in. Im not sure about the new girls yet, the twins in particular look like they will grate on me, and that's just from the trailer. That being said tho, we don't know them yet so they might be great on the show and hopefully the new women bring it. I'm excited to see fresh blood on the show. Dina, I liked her on the show before so I don't mind seeing her back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A download titled "Ladies Of London S01E00 Preview Special HDTV x264-YesTV" has been released. ;)
    Forum Member
    So it sounds like NeNe may have been demoted/demoted herself:

http://www.allabouttrh.com/nene-leakes-reveals-longer-wants-full-time-housewife/

This is not confirmation but if its true then i think its Bravo who did the demotion not NeNe I think she is trying to spin it so it looks like she chose to do it. tbh I think if she is serious about acting and getting roles then a full time HW on the show is not the way to go as your just tied down to the show for 5 months plus all the blogging every week and promotion for the show etc. I dont see any major cast shake up either I dont think Bravo will want to interfere with what they with Atlanta right now considering the huge success of S6, I think/hope Sheree will be back to replace NeNe as they do need an original imo and Kims busy with her spin off.
  • XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dillan wrote: »
    A download titled "Ladies Of London S01E00 Preview Special HDTV x264-YesTV" has been released. ;)

:) Thanks for the heads up.

I've watched the preview now and I really enjoyed it. I think the show looks good. Its basically The Real Housewives of London, and it looks like fun. I like the cast, I think I prefer the Americans though lol I cant see me taking to Caroline. But Juliet? she seems like fun, and Marissa as well. Looking forward to this starting now.

No OC last night unfortunately. I re-watched the last ep though, and the preview for the rest of the season looks fab. Tamra at the end :o I guess Lizzie isn't going to be winning any friends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No OC last night unfortunately. I re-watched the last ep though, and the preview for the rest of the season looks fab. Tamra at the end :o I guess Lizzie isn't going to be winning any friends.

I was so disappointed! I didn't realise there was going to be a break this week. It does explain last weeks mid-season trailer though. LOL at the Tamra at the end, she's so dramatic but because it's Tamra you just have to laugh. I thought it was going be Heather in the hot seat this season but by the looks of things, from the preview and by the sound of the blogs, it's Tamra. It's seems as if she is at odds with Heather, Lizzie & Vicki (sort of by the sound of the blogs). I'm excited though, this is definitely shaping up to be a great season.

I can't believe we are half way through this season of New York already. Although I'm really liking the season, I can't seem to get invested in it like I do some of the other shows. I'm finding Heather hard to tolerate with her whole Ghetto Mama thing going on which is sad because I loved her last season! Aviva needs demoted, missing two trips is just unacceptable. I'm hoping Kristin doesn't drag Ramona-gate on or I'll go off her. As it stands, I'd demote Heather, Aviva & maybe Kristin and promote Luann and bring back Jill. I'd like to see Alex back in some capacity, I want to see where her and Simon are at now with their careers and home development. I think New York would benefit a great deal with just 5 housewives - it's definitely working for OC - as I feel like there isn't enough personal character/story development among the cast, it's like their storylines are being crammed in as filler scenes rather than being the focus with the group drama happening alongside it to compliment it.

A prime example of this is Heathers sons health issues, with the doctor call on the beach. Those scenes were so rushed and just thrown in at random points while bookgate was taking center stage. It's like that scene was set up for Carole to walk over and bring up book gate. What I'm getting at is that the personal storylines should be supported by the drama, not the other way around.
  • toogoodfortvtoogoodfortv Posts: 6,536
    Forum Member
    Can't seem to get last nights episode of RHONY yet .... they're usually on by now

btw - I had no idea this thread existed - didn't even think to check - woops!
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    So this week's NY round-up...

- Aviva and her leg are still nowhere to be seen. I don't know if I miss her or not.

- Kristen is being annoying. She accepts Ramona's apology... then backtracks and berates her for what she did. You can't accept an apology then continue to make the person feel bad about what they did afterwards. Kristen bangs on about Ramona drawing blood and giving her a fat lip, despite us viewers not seeing any of that!

- Is it strange the demoted ''Friend of the Housewives'' Countess seems far more interesting than the actual Housewives?

- Heather and Kristen meet in Central Park. Within seconds Heather has stolen a 5-year-old's ice cream!

- The ladies are all dressed up and this place looks kind of fancy. So why are the other customers at other tables dressed so casually? RHONY crew members posing as extras?

- Ramona's always complaining about ruining her hair - but it always looks rough as dogs! I did find it funny that Ramona was saying any old tripe to the girls to end the entire scenario.

- Despite Kristen's husband having the biggest ears on reality television, he still can't hear what his wife is actually saying.

- Carole and LuAnn meet for a double date. Carole is really playing up this Carrie Bradshaw single girl in New York role so much. Next she'll be telling us she doesn't actually cook and only keeps clothes in her oven... Oh wait, she already did that earlier in the season!
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If these women are on more temporary contracts like Aviva being dropped from the titles why the hell can't they temporarily boost Luann up for some episodes. I thought the reason Luann was dropped was contractual but if the contracts are temporary surely she could be bumped up at a later date?

As you said she's probably the most interesting and has the best lines.
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't find a link for this weeks RHONY episode. Can someone help me out please?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RHONY was good this week. It's such a shame that ratings plummeted to an all time low for the second time this season.

Luann is by far the best cast member of the show...and she's not even full time. Kristen lost a lot of points with her beat down of Ramona after she apologised and it was accepted. It was pretty classless. Carole is growing on me more each episode, even if she is overplaying the Carrie Bradshaw act. I thought I'd miss Aviva more than I did, her father is gross so I'm not looking forward to next weeks return for her. Sonja looked great this episode! It's the only time she hasn't looked a hot mess.
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVED NY again! The 'Ramona Trap' was so funny! I love how she just doesn't take on anyone's points :p but, that's Ramona!
    Sonja was a mess at the yoga - actually LOLd!
    I have missed Aviva tbh, her craziness is needed. Agree that LuAnn has been great (even though I HATED her before this season)

If I was in charge next Season I'd have: Ramona / Sonja / LuAnn / Aviva / Jill / Carole with Kristen & Alex as 'friends'