Options

The Oaks Daily Thread - Cindy's Secret - 27/06/14

Comments

• Options
    Anna_WAnna_W Posts: 3,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redrose89 wrote: »
    Isn't Grace too old to have kids anyway?

No, she's 33. It has been told Trevor was 15 ,when his dad was shot and it was 22 years ago,making him 37. Grace was at six year then, 11 years old, four years younger then Trevor. So, she's 33 years old now.
  • Options
    OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    Baban wrote: »
    Very random with Grace at the end, fair enough if Trevor was there and they wanted to start a family but....

I think he said before that he'd like to be a dad but I might be imagining it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    The Grace thing was quite randomly done, I think it's probably going to be an excuse for some future crazy behaviour or something. She always needs an excuse...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Grace was late 30's... must be the make up it makes her look harsh; although I know it's meant to.

Trying to pick up things on the little we've seen of JP; his tone of voice seems very sullen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's doing well too. From personal experience, generic as it may be, its also accurate. I like that she's not playing crazy, too many actors do that. She's playing this truthfully to Cindy's state of mind. A lot of actors just think they need to do crazy faces and stuff which is never good. One detail i've noticed is that she keeps dolling herself up and I know that some women do that when they're manic. I think that's a good little subtle detail.

I noticed Cindy changed clothes at least twice in that episode
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Was it just me or was that end scene really random.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I noticed Cindy changed clothes at least twice in that episode

Yeah, that was a nice detail. I think Stephanie is portraying this quite convincingly so far. I'm looking forward to seeing the storyline develop.
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the pacing of this episode, I guess when they film an episode it's written with certain characters going to feature but I like it when they just have a character in it briefly. Like it was mostly focused on Cindy and McQueens but then there a little bit with Sandy, Grace, Blessing appearing briefly.

I think it's because if an episode is mostly featuring characters I don't like I know I'm not going to enjoy it as it goes on but this one featured a lot of people I like, so it kept me interested & felt like more was happening.

Loving the Cindy stuff!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I liked the pacing of this episode, I guess when they film an episode it's written with certain characters going to feature but I like it when they just have a character in it briefly. Like it was mostly focused on Cindy and McQueens but then there a little bit with Sandy, Grace, Blessing appearing briefly.

I think it's because if an episode is mostly featuring characters I don't like I know I'm not going to enjoy it as it goes on but this one featured a lot of people I like, so it kept me interested & felt like more was happening.

Loving the Cindy stuff!

I agree, although tbh the McQueen's storyline is a bit tiresome but it's not the worst storyline atm and it's bearable. I'm really enjoying the Cindy and Blessing stuff atm. I like when the episodes are balanced out and it isn't gangster and Roscoe centered. I think Stephanie is a great actress and I'm confident she can do this storyline justice. It's the writing I'm worried about.
  • Options
    JillstarJillstar Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it just me or was that end scene really random.

I thought that too! But I think it was mainly because the actress playing the doctor gave such a deadpan, badly acted diagnosis, so it just looked really odd and out of place :confused:
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I agree, although tbh the McQueen's storyline is a bit tiresome but it's not the worst storyline atm and it's bearable. I'm really enjoying the Cindy and Blessing stuff atm. I like when the episodes are balanced out and it isn't gangster and Roscoe centered. I think Stephanie is a great actress and I'm confident she can do this storyline justice. It's the writing I'm worried about.

Enjoying the Cindy story Stephanie Waring doing well in story shes in.

Blessing and Dennis are still great with each other. Blessing enjoying her in whatever story shes in, they have a great actress playing Blessing.

Three great epsiodes with JP it's still great hes back on hollyoaks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Skyfall wrote: »
    Enjoying the Cindy story Stephanie Waring doing well in story shes in.

Blessing and Dennis are still great with each other. Blessing enjoying her in whatever story shes in, they have a great actress playing Blessing.

Three great epsiodes with JP it's still great hes back on hollyoaks.

I agree :)

Stephanie is a great actress and I'm looking forward to the bipolar storyline. I just hope they don't muck it up like they did with the rape storyline although I refuse to think like that. I'm also really glad Rhys is back. It made me realize how much I miss him.

I'm also really enjoying Blessing and Dennis scenes. I think they work well together and I like the actress who plays Blessing. One of the few storylines I am enjoying atm.

Although I am glad JP is back, I just wish it was to do with the rape and not the McQueen's financial issues. Also is it just me or is JP acting fine and based on his reaction to Robbie it's like nothing happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also is it just me or is JP acting fine and based on his reaction to Robbie it's like nothing happened.

I think it's a factor of Hollyoaks choosing to ignore the rape storyline at the moment. Whenever they get back into it, they'll probably have him reacting differently. His nonchalance about Robbie is ridiculous.

I think even Esther was angrier with Ruby for a longer period of time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    I think it's a factor of Hollyoaks choosing to ignore the rape storyline at the moment. Whenever they get back into it, they'll probably have him reacting differently. His nonchalance about Robbie is ridiculous.

I think your right. I think this is the problem with the JP storyline. They just stop and start whenever they feel like it. I bet JP will suddenly start acting depressed about the rape after months of him acting perfectly fine. I just wish there was some constancy with the JP storyline. I agree, his reaction to Robbie is ridiculous.

On a side note, I am really enjoying the Blessing and Cindy stuff. The Cindy stuff looks promising so far and I think Stephanie is a great actress. I just hope it doesn't go down the route the JP storyline went.

So glad Rhys is back, I missed him :):)
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I agree :)

Stephanie is a great actress and I'm looking forward to the bipolar storyline. I just hope they don't muck it up like they did with the rape storyline although I refuse to think like that. I'm also really glad Rhys is back. It made me realize how much I miss him.

I'm also really enjoying Blessing and Dennis scenes. I think they work well together and I like the actress who plays Blessing. One of the few storylines I am enjoying atm.

Although I am glad JP is back, I just wish it was to do with the rape and not the McQueen's financial issues. Also is it just me or is JP acting fine and based on his reaction to Robbie it's like nothing happened.

Great talking with you last night Emma.:)

With JP back seems like they will put him with other storys until they bring back the main story with him and Finn.

With
    Dennis leaving
    I hope Blessing will be okay. Looking forward to seeing more Blessing storys.

Stephanie Waring a great actress she does well in any story they give her in hollyoaks.
  • Options
    Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevon1 wrote: »

BIB: But Robbie's the good guy now. He selflessly bought Nana's lottery ticket so all his previous misdemeanours are now forgiven. :p;-):kitty:

Lol at Mercy wandering around looking shifty wearing gloves in late June. That doesn't look suspicious - much.

Good to see Rhys again, but I'm not enjoying this Cindy storyline. Something about it just seems a bit off. Maybe it's because it's come so out of the blue and Cindy is obviously quite ill within a few days. Surely it would be a little more gradual.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if I'm happy abut Andy Moss' return.... It's his eyes....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Don't know if I'm happy abut Andy Moss' return.... It's his eyes....

What about his eyes? He looked good. Although I'm a bit surprised he agreed to reprise the role. But a job's a job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What carp with the wet floor (rolleyes)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blessing needs to get rid of the tache
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrB, you're in a funk tonight. First it's Andy Moss's eyes, and what wasn't to love about that hilarious scene of Nana, Carmel and Diane in The Hutch? And now you're picking on the lovely Blessing. Can't say I've noticed any facial hair on her. I think you're imagining it. She's a good looking girl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who feels sorry for Grace.... no-one
  • Options
    spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the scene with Grace finding out she is unlikely to be able to get pregnant will be a precursor to either her actually getting pregnant against the odds or wanting to take revenge on Mercy and Freddie. I'm not sure I could see her snatching somebody else's kid or falling into a fit of depression.

It must be absolutely killing some people that Robbie was seen to actually do something nice and selfless :D. Actually I think the ticket must be out there somewhere and somebody will cash it in or be holding on to it feeling guilty. I think Cindy said she couldn't find the ticket so presumably she bought it? given that...
    somebody outbids Sonny to buy the McQueen's house I wonder if that same person holds the ticket? Who is rich enough to do that otherwise? Grace so she has a hold over Mercy?

Re Blessing I wonder if her phoning her mum is suggesting her mum may come into the cast? I just have a funny feeling that we may see other members of Blessing's family introduced.

Have to say Cindy's sl looks very promising.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It must be absolutely killing some people that Robbie was seen to actually do something nice and selfless .

I think Robbie did it to get into Phoebe's pants, so he's still selfish and hateful in my book. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    spikewoman wrote: »
    It must be absolutely killing some people that Robbie was seen to actually do something nice and selfless :D

It just doesn't look natural :D:D:D