Options

Former Soapstars breaking America

pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
Forum Member
Was thinking about this the other day, quite a few Soapstars have cracked America in the past year or so

Rob Kazinsky is doing a few things in America and is gaining quite a fanbase

Ricky Whittle has done some things too hasn't he?

Although not acting, Jake Roche (Shane Richies son who was in Emmerdale for a short while) is currently in band 'Rixton' who have recently appeared on one of the biggest show in America and have had their single reach the top 10 I believe?

Can anyone think of anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    I think Rachel Shenton who played Mitzeee in Hollyoaks is currently filming a US tv show
  • Options
    Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Egan and Chris Hemsworth (both Ex Home and Away)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I almost forgot! Patsy Palmer is going to be hot out there ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly Windsor out of Emmy did quite well in that shoe shop she was working in, out in LA.
    They were even considering promoting her to deputy assistant manager.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kelly Windsor out of Emmy did quite well in that shoe shop she was working in, out in LA.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't consider Ricky Whittle as successful as Rob out there.
  • Options
    MackenizeMackenize Posts: 271
    Forum Member

I actually went to that shop when she was working there and me and my friend did a double take and we were it's not her.

Then she opened her mouth and we were like yes it's her, she wasn't very good at her job.
  • Options
    s.mouses.mouse Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Former Hollyoaks actors are doing well:
    Barry Sloane: Revenge and new series The Whispers
    Nathalie Emmanuel: Game of Thrones and Fast and Furious 7
    Roxanne Mckee: Dominion and was previously on Game of Thrones
    Emma Rigby was in Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    )
    :):):)
  • Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Loads frome Home and Away; Isla Fisher, Melissa George, Chris Hemsworth, Ryan Kwanten, Isabel Lucas, Sharni Vinson and more recently Luke Mitchell and Bec Breeds have landed roles in TV shows.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I almost forgot! Patsy Palmer is going to be hot out there ;)

Days Of Our Lives won't see what him them!
  • Options
    JillstarJillstar Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been a few ex-Neighbours stars getting big roles in the US recently.
    Of course there is Margot Robbie who played Donna and Eliza Taylor who played Janae Timmins in is The 100 which premiered on E4 in the UK this week
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    It seems more Australian soap stars tend to go on to do better in America than UK stars for some reason.
    Last night I saw Eliza Taylor who played Janae in Neighbours in The 100 on E4. Also Bob Morley who was Aiden in Neighbours and Drew in H&A was in it.

Ashleigh Brewer who played Kate in Neighbours is apparently now in Sunset Beach.

Who can forget Guy Pearce's success too? He's a long way from his Mike Young days. :D

I've also seen Tammin Sursok who played Dani Sutherland in H&A in a few things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Margot Robbie who played Donna in Neighbours has been in quite a few American films now, including Wolf of Wall Street. Doing much better than I expected!
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Scott, who was on Eastenders at one point, was on "All My Children" and "Days of our Lives" but he is gonna be leaving sometime at the end of the year.

Ashleigh Brewer is on "The Bold and the Beautiful".

Tammin Sursok was on "The Young and the Restless" before her character was killed off.
  • Options
    MackenizeMackenize Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    It's funny how all these people from Neighbours and Home and Away who weren't really that good yet they have managed to break American and hardly anybody from the UK do.
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, Jake Wood is the Geico gecko over here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's Ricky Whittle actually done? I've not seen him doing anything since Strictly!

Rob Kazinsky is the only British star actually doing anything meaningful over there and that was after years of suffering hard times.
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whether you mean Aussie stars or just ones in Aussie soaps, but anyway. Guy Pearce was born in England and Tammin Sursok in South Africa, but they are possibly naturalised Aussies as opposed to born and bred ones.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guy Pearce started out in Neighbours and is doing really well for himself.
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's Ricky Whittle actually done? I've not seen him doing anything since Strictly!

Rob Kazinsky is the only British star actually doing anything meaningful over there and that was after years of suffering hard times.

I'm watching him now (Ricky) he's in The 100 which is showing on E4. I'm streaming it and he has so far only said two words but has been in it for the past two episodes. He's not supposed to be able to speak English and is tied up being held hostage. It's not bad
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »

Hit not him! :blush:
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Quinten left to be big over there
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    I'm watching him now (Ricky) he's in The 100 which is showing on E4. I'm streaming it and he has so far only said two words but has been in it for the past two episodes. He's not supposed to be able to speak English and is tied up being held hostage. It's not bad

In US he has been on NCIS, Single Ladies (VH1), The 100 and Mistresses (US). look on his imdb page its all there :)

supposedly he is in from ep 5 to 13 of season 1 of "the 100" and is meant to be in the upcoming season 2
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    benbenalen wrote: »

So they'll probably be doing another exorcism storyline.