Options

So, do you believe people who commit suicide will go to Hell ?

Comments

• Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm going there anyway for loving thy other male, so I guess I'll see Robin there!
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    No. More like they are removing themselves from their hell (on earth).
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DinkyDoo wrote: »
    Then they are in for a surprise!

It's very hard indeed to be surprised when you are dead.

Totally impossible in fact. :D
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Next question.
  • Options
    ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Next question.

What time are you making me breakfast?
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    TomWhitton wrote: »
    Where is hell located exactly?

Norway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    No. My wee brother is waiting to meet me again in a happy place, one where he is whole again in mind and body and full of happiness with no depression or worries to drag him down. My thoughts go out today to the Williams family. :(
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no hell no heaven no god , Religion is used to control people
  • Options
    DavidMarqDavidMarq Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    As the christian myth pretty much describes the death of Jesus as suicide by proxy, I detect the stench of abject hypocrisy. ;-)
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no hell. And if there is it's here on earth....
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can imagine this question has been asked before on DS, but I cant find it.

I know as I was raised Catholic that it is / was generally seen that a person who commits suicide will go to hell, no matter what their reasons or circumstances.

As far as I know, most major religions believe this too, or some kind of hell awaits for suicides.

I believe Bhuddishm goes a fair bit easier on them, taking into account circumstances, etc.

Someone like Robin Williams pretty much dispels this belief for me. He was a man who brought laughter to the world, and also (if a bit sugary sometimes) could inspire warmth and inspiration in others.

No way that dude is going to hell.

Hopefully will be in a Comedy club in a back street of Heaven.

;-)

I think people who state that people who've committed suicide will go to Hell are just putting their opinions across as 'fact'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Heaven exists AFAIK.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to be different, I will say yes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no hell. And if there is it's here on earth....

If you'd been to Rhyl or Newport there would be no 'if' in that statement...:p
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Death is the end. There is no afterlife of any kind no matter how much you want there to be.
  • Options
    DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    There is no hell no heaven no god , Religion is used to control people

I think there is something, throughout our lives each person faces choices between good and bad (except for the very young ones).

I do believe in a kind of judgement, I know its not fashionable, but I dont think any of the major religions have the right answers, and I agree that they are used to control folk.

Basically, when I die I expect to be reprimanded for a few things, but forgiven and largely praised, given a few answers by the creator and given a big green field and a football, and possibly some of my old mates who are already there to make me feel at home, and then more good stuff for a while anyhow.

If that does not happen I will ask to see his superior.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there is something, throughout our lives each person faces choices between good and bad (except for the very young ones).

I do believe in a kind of judgement, I know its not fashionable, but I dont think any of the major religions have the right answers, and I agree that they are used to control folk.

Basically, when I die I expect to be reprimanded for a few things, but forgiven and largely praised, given a few answers by the creator and given a big green field and a football, and possibly some of my old mates who are already there to make me feel at home, and then more good stuff for a while anyhow.

This isn't LOST...:D:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member

There is Heaven after you die :p
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You know, even though I'm a major atheist, I think I've played ball as far as a judo-chistian god is concerned. I haven't desecrated my body as far as a sex-change goes, nor have I gotten up to anything god would conceder 'gay'.

I've just gotten my head down, and dealt with my unhappiness as best as I can.

If there is a god, the least I expect is a ****ing apology.....
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know, even though I'm a major atheist, I think I've played ball as far as a judo-chistian god is concerned. I haven't desecrated my body as far as a sex-change goes, nor have I gotten up to anything god would conceder 'gay'.

I've just gotten my head down, and dealt with my unhappiness as best as I can.

If there is a god, the least I expect is a ****ing apology.....

If it's Yahweh then good luck with that...
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Andrue wrote: »
    I don't believe in an afterlife so, no.

Pretty much this
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Pretty much this

Ah well some of us do. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much this

It doesn't matter what you believe. Teletubby land awaits us all!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    A really good bloke actually.

Highly intelligent, brave, loyal and not willing to live under a brutal, totalitarian dictator.

He hardly ever killed anybody in the Old Testament either - unlike Yahweh who murdered millions. ;-)
    Sympathy for the Devil, A cracking 'Stones number.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TomWhitton wrote: »
    Where is hell located exactly?

On earth