Options

The last of us coming to ps4

Comments

• Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Can you do new game ++?

If I finish my Hard new game + can i start a grounded new game + for example and carry over all my stuff?
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Okay
    I've just got out of Bills town on second playthrough and been ambushed and killed all of those people in that room where you crash the car. Looking at it, I need 105 supplements in total (I've got 95 in the pot) so I need 5 more for the shiv max then I need 100 for weapon sway max. So for the remaining game, I'll be able to collect 105 worth?

yes if you look out for shiv doors you should have ni problems
  • Options
    Trash ManTrash Man Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Can you do new game ++?

If I finish my Hard new game + can i start a grounded new game + for example and carry over all my stuff?

Yea, that's not a problem.
  • Options
    Trash ManTrash Man Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Those that are trophy ****, when you complete a first run and then do new game plus, is there enough supplements in those 2 playthroughs to fully upgrade Joel?

Yea, way more than enough.

You can upgrade all weapons in 2 playthroughs as well.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm finding this quite hard on hard, the lack of ammo to fall back on when the stealth goes bad is tough going, because i know I need to save ammo for the tougher parts ahead. I will push on though, still a vsry enjoyable game.
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So here's a strange thing...I started a replay of this about a month or so ago, didn't get particularly far before my attention wandered onto other stuff as it usually does. Came back to it the other day only to load it up and get the message that my save data was copied from another user (it wasn't, I've never used anyone else's save for ANY game), "options will be ignored" or something along those lines. It also barred me from saving the existing game onto any new slot, so effectively I'm existing solely on autosave for this playthrough, and my chosen options don't get saved, have to redo them every time I come back to the game.

Anyone ever had this before?
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit weird. Probably tightened it in a patch somewhere down the line to stop some trophy glitch or boost
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm finding this quite hard on hard, the lack of ammo to fall back on when the stealth goes bad is tough going, because i know I need to save ammo for the tougher parts ahead. I will push on though, still a vsry enjoyable game.

No, really?! :D
    Seriously, I'm sure you'll be fine. :)
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally finished my Survivor playthrough. A few close calls at the end where I thought I might not make it. Don't know if this is because of the troubles porting the game but I found a few graphical glitches in the hospital and the AI was kinda messed up, enemies just running about like headless chickens. I didn't remember this on the PS3.

Anyway looking forward to playing through Left Behind now for the first time and then will give multiplayer a whirl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I've managed to secure the several floors of the hotel lobby level without using any ammo, just reached the dreaded basement! The plan this time around based on my experience the first time on PS3, is to get what I need, do what I need to do and run for the exit. I have the Shiv Master upgrade if I need to take out any clickers that may catch me, but the bloater can naff off, I ain't wasting everything on him lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Left Behind is so good. Naughty Dog were in the zone when they made this. Uncharted 4 is gonna be awesome.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    Left Behind is so good. Naughty Dog were in the zone when they made this. Uncharted 4 is gonna be awesome.

I played Left Behind for the first time on Tuesday, after finishing TLOU Remastered at the weekend (played the main game before on PS3, but not the DLC).

*Brilliant* stuff. Such amazing characterisation, such great writing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I played Left Behind for the first time on Tuesday, after finishing TLOU Remastered at the weekend (played the main game before on PS3, but not the DLC).

*Brilliant* stuff. Such amazing characterisation, such great writing.

Yeah, so impressive. Kind of makes me sad if this is the last we'll see of the game.

Just been playing multiplayer and that's kind of awesome too. Is this the perfect game or what?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally got round to playing this and completed the Main Story and DLC this weekend. Such a fantastic game. Its the first game for ages where I haven't got bored. I couldn't wait to get home and play this game after work. Never has a game made me feel so tense.

Just tried my hand at a bit of multiplayer and although it isn't necessary i've quite enjoyed that too.

10/10
  • Options
    barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys. I have family on holiday in the States and are going to be bringing back a PS4 for me. Was also thinking of getting them to pick up The Last of Us Remastered as well, but I just need some clarification on the DLC before I do. I hear the DLC is on the disc, so does that mean it's fully integrated with the main game and will effectively be region free? Or is it still required to have a US PSN account to be able to play the DLC? Thanks.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on the disc, with its own entry on the main menu underneath the main game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is my most favourite game of all time, that's official.

Not far from the end now, will be very sad to reach the end of this PS4 remastered version. Brilliant
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just reading the blog and a new patch and 2 free mp maps are available for this game.
    http://youtu.be/Dy4LKc4Ybk4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finished on hard, forgot how tricky the firefly's were, struggled with all the seemingly bullet proof guards, even headshots aren't a single shot kill on hard, yet a nail bomb instant killed 2 guards that weren't even stood that close lol.

What's happens when you start a Plus game, do you keep all your weapons and upgrades and supplies and collectables? Played it on PS3 but not to sure how Plus games work
  • Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    On a plus game you keep Joels upgrades and the weapon upgrade levels. You also keep the upgrade books but you don't keep the actual weapons or other stuff you've collected.

I'm just going through Survivor+ at the moment.
  • Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    On survivor you're always low on equipment. Some guns are frequently empty. However if you're in dire straits sometimes Ellie gives you some ammo or health kits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just looking through the trophy list on my PS4, 38% have finished the game on the easiest setting or above, so I take that to mean, only 38% of people that have played this on the PS4 have actually completed it!!!! That in my opinion is a crime, the other 62% don't deserve a PS4.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Just looking through the trophy list on my PS4, 38% have finished the game on the easiest setting or above, so I take that to mean, only 38% of people that have played this on the PS4 have actually completed it!!!! That in my opinion is a crime, the other 62% don't deserve a PS4.

Ummmm, I got stuck and couldn't get past a relatively early bit. Pissed me off so much I haven't gone back in weeks.

But good luck prising my ps4 from me. My cocker spaniel will strike you down like a direwolf on a Jeoffrey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Ummmm, I got stuck and couldn't get past a relatively early bit. Pissed me off so much I haven't gone back in weeks.

But good luck prising my ps4 from me. My cocker spaniel will strike you down like a direwolf on a Jeoffrey.

May it be struck down by the meltdown of death ;-)
  • Options
    Yog101Yog101 Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I finally completed it over the weekend. Really enjoyed it in the end, went straight into playing Left Behind and got about half way through.

I can fully see why people call this a 10/10 game