Southampton supporters thread

Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well, the biggest game for Southampton football club for many years is nearly upon us.
If Southampton beat Coventry this coming Saturday lunchtime then they are guaranteed promotion to the premiership. :D

I for one am in dreamland as a saints fan at the moment - to go from playing the likes of Exeter last season in div one to possibly the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United in the premiership next season is amazing.

If it happens - and i'm praying it does - then Nigel Adkins deserves every plaudit going.
I for one was gutted when Alan Pardew was sacked, but Mr Adkins has surprised me and many other saints fans by producing a team that plays great attacking football combined with a superb team spirit and work ethic.

I'll be watching on BBC1 tomorrow with my eyes shut in terror most of the time probably - I just hope we dont throw it away for West ham to pounce.

Go on the Saints! :)

Comments

• celesticelesti Posts: 25,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a Coventry fan, I'd like to congratulate you on your automatic promotion.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as a cov fan id like to win.

but yeh well done
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Good luck, I hope Southampton do it because as a completely neutral and impartial fan of another Championship team I think they've played better football than West Ham this season.

Plus St Mary's is an absolute pain to get to so I'll be glad not to have to go there next season.
  • sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a WH fan im rooting for Coventry, last game of the season go out with a bang,

We will still have to beat Hull.

Anyway goodluck Clank007, still got another chance for the prem through the play offs, for either of us.
  • Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the good luck messages for Saturday - thats what I like about you other championship team supporters - you are all genuinely fair and decent people.

Good luck to the hammers too - if you dont come second then I hope you make it through the play offs
  • Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I apologise for our non-display against West Ham on Monday, we were simply abysmal and worlds away from our excellent performance at your place in January.

You will go up, and deservedly so. I rate your manager highly, very good manager and seems like a top bloke.
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck tomorrow, even though I'm a Portsmouth fan, I have a lot of Soton supporting mates and the South Coast needs a club in the prem - I remember in 1993 when we were in a similar postion and lost out on promotion by 1 goal to West Ham.
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Come On Saintsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    Forum Member
    Southampton 2-0 up after 20 minutes. It's all too easy for them!
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Hasn't been a 2-0 game though!

Looks like they are almost there! Though they have to invest in their defence, terribly dodgy
    Forum Member
    4-0 now, I think it's safe to say it...

Congratulations to Southampton on promotion back to the Premier League!

The play offs are going to be interesting, some good sides in there this year.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to you lot. It's good to see you back after all thats happened over the last 7-8 years.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done on your promotion, and it will be good to have you back in the Premier League once again.
    You fully deserve it.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations to all Southampton fans from a Liverpool fan, good luck next season, looking forward to seeing how Rickie Lambert and co do in the Prem, I personally think you're back to stay, just hope we do the double over you :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on the Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the greatest performance but we are up! Haha at Dean Hammond swearing on telly accidentally.
  • Tusk0312Tusk0312 Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well done Saints. been up there all season long so you deserve it. congrats.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to you and good luck in the Premier League, one day the Foxes will be back .........
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done you guys, I quite like Southampton so it'll be great to play them again next year.

And to think only a few years ago, Portsmouth were a PL team and Southampton looked like they might be getting relegated from League 1 :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well done to Southampton, have to be honest after the good start you had I didn't think you'ed last the pace and would fade as the season went on but all credit to what Adkins has done Southampton have played some lovely football and thoroughly deserve promotion.
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will be gutted for Hammers if they dont go up but this is our day. Suddenly the last 7 years all seem worth it. Cant believe it. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Will be gutted for Hammers if they dont go up but this is our day. Suddenly the last 7 years all seem worth it. Cant believe it. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

As your fellow Saints fan I would like to agree with COME ON YOUU REDSS!! We are back to stay;) Great match today, was up at St. Mary's and on the pitch:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes... We're up!
    Congratulations lads and a fantastic job done by Nigel Adkins.
  • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member

has it been 7 years since they were in the prem? Blimey :eek:
  • Phil SPhil S Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to the Saints from a Hammers fan. You were just that bit more consistant than us, particulary at home.
  • Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done, you've been the best, for me, team this season despite finishing second. Reading did remarkably well but for consistency throughout the campaign Saints have been excellent.

To beat you twice is a good achievement from ourselves.