At Home with the Braithwaites ITV Encore

ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,959
Forum Member
I haven't had time to see if there's a thread already, but I've just noticed this series is being repeated starting tonight at 8pm, if anyone's interested :)

Edit: It's on every week night at 8pm.

Comments

• BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had time to see if there's a thread already, but I've just noticed this series is being repeated starting tonight at 8pm, if anyone's interested :)

Edit: It's on every week night at 8pm.

Loved this when it was on before, hope it's not dated
    Have set the box to record the series
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up, OP. I've set my sky plus.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,959
    Forum Member
    No problem :) I remember seeing it on the True Entertainment channel a few years ago (never having seen it originally on ITV) and really enjoyed it.
  • Lola UKLola UK Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG I loved this! WIll have to see if it's on catch up.
  • NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,192
    Forum Member
    Loved this show, though the 8pm slot worries me. They'll cut all the swearing out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nostlagic wrote: »
    Loved this show, though the 8pm slot worries me. They'll cut all the swearing out.

I recorded the showing from the wee small hours of the morning. I'll let you know if they cut the swearing out when I watch it.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    I loved this first time around. I found it had some really 'dark' moments but was very compelling. Will I be able to get it on 'YouView', please?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just watched the first 20 minutes of the late night showing (or early morning to be more precise), and am happy to report that all the swearing is in place.
  • immusicimmusic Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love this show but unfortunately can't get ITV Encore so will miss out on the re-runs :cry:

I was so annoyed when it ended. I remember reading at the time that everyone involved wanted to do more except Amanda Redman. She said she would never do more than 3 series of any show because she felt that she and the viewers would be fed up of the character if they went on any longer. Then she went on to do a gazillion serieses of New Tricks!!!! >:(:(

At least it didn't go stale and went out on a high, I suppose. It had a brilliant cast, brilliant comedy, brilliant directing and editing. Loved it. Although I never understood...
    the decision to kill off Megan...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd forgotten how much I loved this show. One of ITV's very best comedy dramas. I love Sarah Smart's performance.

And it was all filmed round Leeds. The location spotting is great!