Options

I have never changed my mind so much about a housemate

JaxxfanJaxxfan Posts: 1,914
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In the beginning I really liked Rex. I found him interesting and thought his one-liners were witty and sharp.

Now I really dislike him. He's bitchy, cruel, spoilt and domineering. Nicole coming into the house has shown his possessive and controlling side too.

I have gone from wanting him to win, to hoping to God he gets evicted soon so I never have to see or hear him again.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaxxfan wrote: »
    In the beginning I really liked Rex. I found him interesting and thought his one-liners were witty and sharp.

Now I really dislike him. He's bitchy, cruel, spoilt and domineering. Nicole coming into the house has shown his possessive and controlling side too.

I have gone from wanting him to win, to hoping to God he gets evicted soon so I never have to see or hear him again.

You don't happen to be female by any chance do you? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im exactly the same with Rex, he was my favourite in week one and two! But now i change my opinion on him weekly.
    Every day i have a different opinion on him, today i think hes been okay .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't happen to be female by any chance do you? :rolleyes:

It's a 50/50 chance :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,253
    Forum Member
    I know what you mean OP, and it is not just with the arrival of his gf - he went to the bad at least two weeks ago with the Rachel hatred - up until that point he was still a cool guy, but he had obviously been covering up a lot of issues.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Jaxxfan wrote: »

Don't feel bad. Lots of people have come away from the dark side recently.:D... I've been the same about Kat. After a week I wanted her to win. Now I can't stand her.
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    I'm much the same, OP. I have been bored by him this week, but if he's back to being a bit of a villain, then we sadly need them right now. That house will soon be turning into a Christian Charity Home. :rolleyes:;)
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked him at the start and even felt sorry for him when he was called a prick and shouted at by (was it Bex or Alex?), but since the louder hms have left, he has become more snide and arrogant, as if he has taken their place.

The way he speaks to Rachel is awful. Its not banter either, as he doesnt even say it with a smile - not that that would make it right, he really looks at her with contempt sometimes. As Lisa said, even though he has his gf there, he still moans.

Just walk Rex if you dont like it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,497
    Forum Member
    i still love rex and i like nicole too.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think hes controlling at all, if you watched tonight he seems to be catering to nicole because he knows her ways. Obviously she doesnt want him away from her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nannar6 wrote: »
    i still love rex and i like nicole too.

Can I ask, what do you love about him?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was kind of a controlling jackass from the beginning, ever since his argument with Alex where he was being a complete d*ck about not letting her take the suit off... but that made him a hero on here, cos no one liked Alex so it was OK to behave that way to her.

but i still kind of liked him, because he's witty and sort of an interesting complicated personality.I have got bored with him now though, I think since Nicole came in I've got him figured out enough that he doesn't interest me any more. But maybe we still need him stirring to make the show interesting... I wish he'd pick on a more difficult target than Rachel tho.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,712
    Forum Member
    I have mixed feelings about him. Sometimes I think he is nice and interesting, and other times I think he is an arrogant idiot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had mixed feelings about him for a while too. Now, though, I can't bear to hear his voice because he never has anything nice to say.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have mixed feelings about Dale - I loved him, then really didn't like him, and now like him again
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    I really liked Rex to begin with then went right off him to the point I couldn't stand him.

Now I've gone full circle and like him more than ever. :)
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    Sara's the HM who's gone full circle with me. Couldn't stand her when she came into the house as I thought she was a gold-digger who never listened to anyone's opinion. Then I watched her a few times on LF and decided the H/Ls show had given her a poor edit and she grew on me. However, the last few days have made me change my mind about her again. I like her, but I wouldn't pick up the phone to save her from being evicted. :(
  • Options
    Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This BB is a weird one because I've done exactly that with quite a few of the housemates. I have never know it like this before - usually I like a housemate and support them all the way through, other times I dislike certain people and stay disliking them. Ok, maybe we might change our mind gradually and go off people or grow to like them, but this swings and roundabouts is really odd and it seems I'm not the only one. With this BB it seems I change my mind on a daily basis with certain people.

Rex - really liked, liked, disliked, liked, really liked - changes hourly. Was going off him with all the sniping comments and now this creepy smothering of Nicole but he's won me back today with that ping pong clip and seeing the one with the bins.

Mario - disliked, liked, disliked, disliked intensely
    Lisa - disliked, liked, liked even more, disliked, liked - changes daily
    Mikey - disliked, liked, disliked, liked, liked even more - where did this really funny character suddenly come from?
    Luke - liked him initially then changed hourly, then I just decided I couldn't stand the sight of him anymore and couldn't bear to hear any more of his insane rants, bitter little twerp