Which recent movie has made you cry??

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only recently watched Muriel's Wedding for the first time and it made me cry :D
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    La Vie en Rose: cried like a girl!:o
  • hankmoodyhankmoody Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The curious case of benjamin button. It's imperative that anyone not considering seeing this film do so. It's simply awesome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Boy in the Stripped Pyjamas. Absolutely heartbreaking.
  • Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    the "slipping through my fingers " song in mamma mia is very emotional! i know i few people who cried through that !paticullay if you are a parent of a daughter!

Yeah that song really got to me as a daughter and my mum was worse when we saw it together.

Also the Ballad of Jack and Rose, although about a father and daughter it's like a love story, if you buy into it you will finish watching it in tears.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Boy in the Stripped Pyjamas. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Ditto.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not too recent but Atonement made me sob like a child- but only the second time I watched it. I had the sniffles the first time I watched it watching it but the second time...
    I brokedown at the scene where Robbie is being comforted by the Tommy and promises not to make another sound- he never did:cry:

I getting choked just thinking about it!:o
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Australia - oh my god me and my mum were blubering wrecks by the end of it.
  • ArtymagsArtymags Posts: 18,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's not a recent film but "Watership Down" does it to me every time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    Lost and Delirious- I was sobbing for a good 15 minutes :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    The Notebook, A Walk To Remember and Changeling!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    last movie that made me cry was high school musical 3
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Snowman. AGAIN.
    And The Nativity Story. Because the ending was so beautifully filmed. *Sob*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steel Magnolia's (sally field has an amazing scene in it that gets me every time)
    The Notebook
    Mamma Mia (i have 2 daughters, i can't help it!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Mamma Mia but only on the scene where The Winner Takes it All is performed. There's something that reflects in the emotion and lyrical content that sets me off :o

A few tears fell when I saw It's A Wonderful Life at the cinema recently on a classic viewing.
  • JoleneJolene Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slumdog Millionaire - the best film I've seen this decade
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I've ever cried during a film...I was close to when watching Cannibal Holocaust but I was almost sick instead :)
  • forefatherforefather Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    i can't say a film has ever made me cry, however i did feel incredibly bad for the father in "the mist" when he had just killed his son and several other people...anybody who has seen it will know what i mean.
  • Chief_WahooChief_Wahoo Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    Irreversible. I cried because I felt dirty and ashamed after watching it. Evil, nasty piece of shit that it is.

That film was truly heinous.:eek: I've seen nasty films before,but the forty or so minutes I could stomach of that was the most despicable ever.If you watched the whole film,then you have my sympathy...

I cried several times during 4 Minutes (Vier Minuten),which I watched yesterday.It was a bittersweet film but ultimately the most uplifting I have seen for years.The ending absolutely left me an emotional basket case.:o! I could imagine Hollywood remaking this film,but there is no way it would top this.Amazing movie.

I also really liked October Sky (Rocket Boys),which I saw a couple of months ago.Again,there were several scenes that just turned my emotions inside out.

There have been a few mentions of the dog in I Am Legend and I agree,it was very emotional.As soon as I knew what was going to happen,I fast forwarded the scene because I couldn't bare to watch.And after the dog was gone,I lost almost complete interest in the movie.
  • thepuffinthepuffin Posts: 1,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WALL-E is an emotional rollercoaster for me, even on DVD. Giggle, cry (sad), giggle, cry (happy), giggle, cry (sad), cry (happy).
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't really take much to make me cry. My eyes watered a bit during Serenity (on DVD, but it's been on TV recently too).
  • RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Duchess
    when Georgiana had to give up her child

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas
    (the mother's grief particularly got to me)

Any film when there is a display of grief gets to me!
  • MikayMikay Posts: 10,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cried during Mamma Mia! (or at least tried not to cry the 5 times at the pictures but I know I'll blub watching on DVD)

I remember crying through some other films I saw on DVD.. but I forget which.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    forefather wrote: »
    i can't say a film has ever made me cry, however i did feel incredibly bad for the father in "the mist" when he had just killed his son and several other people...anybody who has seen it will know what i mean.

And now those who haven't seen it will know how it ends. Good work lmao! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Recently I begrudgingly watched P.S I love you, on sky anytime. It was actually pretty moving.