Kate Winslet sues the Daily Mail for £150,000

lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
Forum Member
✭✭
Oscar winner Kate Winslet has launched a libel action against the Daily Mail newspaper over an article which alleged she lied about her fitness regime.

READ ON

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/kate%20winslet%20sues%20daily%20mail%20for%20150k%20over%20exercise%20claims_1102891

Comments

• Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Good, I wish everyone sued the Daily Mail. Bunch of crap
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Mother-of-two Winslet - who won this year's best actress Oscar for The Reader - said she was especially upset by the very unpleasant and nasty tone of the Daily Mail story."

Well, it wouldn't be a Daily Mail story if it didn't have a very unpleasant and nasty tone!
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Mother-of-two Winslet - who won this year's best actress Oscar for The Reader - said she was especially upset by the very unpleasant and nasty tone of the Daily Mail story."

Well, it wouldn't be a Daily Mail story if it didn't have a very unpleasant and nasty tone!

The Daily Mail is vicious and cold. I have no idea why anyone would want to read that obnoxious bile...

Does that mean the Daily Heil are gonna start a kate Winslet campaign now?? Cos Id say she'd naturally be the kinda celeb that DM readers would like- middle aged, posh, mumsy.....

Go Kate go- kick their miserable asses!!:D:D
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muahahahaha...I hope she wins!
  • markymidsmarkymids Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on her. Has anyone got a copy of the original article that DM published?
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    Good I hope she wins!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Nicole Kidman sued the DM last year for claiming she wore a perfume other than Chanel. :D
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    The Mail have taken the article down now but there's the DS thread that discussed it at the time: http://digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=981731&

Hope she wins.
  • ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 26,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs to get over herself
  • LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    This is such old news.

The DS thread goes back to January, so why has the contact music site only picked up on it now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    The Daily Mail is vicious and cold. I have no idea why anyone would want to read that obnoxious bile...

Does that mean the Daily Heil are gonna start a kate Winslet campaign now?? Cos Id say she'd naturally be the kinda celeb that DM readers would like- middle aged, posh, mumsy.....

Middle-aged at 33?? :eek: That's another new one on me. You learn all sorts here on DS !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mail hardly ever interviews these people themselves.They savage the magazines and take ad lib odd bits from each interview, and invent it into their own "exclusive", hence them always being sued.Hardly a week goes by without them being sued by someone.
    Mail seems to only employ the most bitter twisted and vile envy ridden staff.Nobody is safe from their bilious defamatory bilge.Latest on their revolting hit list has been Late Paul Newman, and now Bob Dylan ( as if the world did not know he has 5 offspring by different women) and as if he has not deliberately avoid all media since 1968.!!

Then there is the complete hypocrisy of Mail editor Paul D'Acre who never shuts up about Freedom of Press ( the right to insult and defame) but has censorship on his own comment section.!!

It is a filthy rag that is perpetually "outraged" about something or someone or their usual old chestnut..BBC and its staff. Who needs wars when to get really angsty one only has to read their filth to become a homicidal maniac.?
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ILoveMyDog wrote: »

I agree.

I'm sick of this woman. If she didn't keep wittering on about her weight, body issues and years of diet woes then she wouldn't give the tabloids so much ammunition.

Silly, pretentious mare.
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is such old news.

The DS thread goes back to January, so why has the contact music site only picked up on it now?

It has been on the news channels all day so it must be new.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure most people don't give a toss about her 'fitness regime' anyway.
  • GODDESSGODDESS Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ILoveMyDog wrote: »

I agree!

FFS, the article did not alllege she was sacrificing babies, it bloody questioned her fitness regime.

She's a good actress but Hollywood has changed her and despite all her her protests that she's just a girl from Reading, she has her head stuck firmly up her arse!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's lost it. If she sues over this rubbish then the papers will write even more horrible stuff. Only sue if it really is lies and horrible. I think she's gone all hollywood and has lost all common sense of the real world.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this is the worst thing in the world that could be written about her, then God help precious little Kate. :yawn:
  • GODDESSGODDESS Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if kate has seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBG-LfXGXYY
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    GODDESS wrote: »
    I agree!

FFS, the article did not alllege she was sacrificing babies, it bloody questioned her fitness regime.

She's a good actress but Hollywood has changed her and despite all her her protests that she's just a girl from Reading, she has her head stuck firmly up her arse!

I can't help but agree with you. I like Kate but she seems to disappear further and further up her own rear every year. :(
  • ShadowmaidenShadowmaiden Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Kate is not middle aged! She's only like 30 or something. I always thought middle aged was 40.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And God forbid anybody should dare to call her 'middle class'!! :yawn:

She is forever trying to paint a picture of herself which is plainly untrue - i.e. one of the people, an ordinary, unprivileged background. It's all bull.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member

I admit to reading the Daily Heil sometimes.

The Guardian's too left-wing for me; the Torygraph too right-wing and too intelligent - The S*n and St*r too thick, so where does that leave me? Yep, with the Daily Heil. Sorry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I look at the Daily Heil website occasionally. It has quite a good page layout. :o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading the Daily Mail is enough to give anyone an ulcer.

If it's not gays trying to brainwash our children with their homosexual deviance, then it's teenage alcoholics giving birth to children with IQs in the single digits who will then be brainwashed by homosexual deviance, possibly even by Asians! How anyone can read that repulsive bile seriously is a mystery to me. I occasionally read the more ridiculous stories ('Christian marriage counsellor sacked because he refused to work with GAYS, this is an OUTRAGE'), but never believe a word of the durge.